The [Na'vi] Constitution and Bill of Rights

Started by 'Awve Tìkameie, February 26, 2010, 11:52:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Awve Tìkameie

Everyone in this thread have wonderful ideas for the future of this Tribe. They speak about laws, privileges, rights, training, location, power, and so much more. This is all great, but many people are missing one aspect: exploitation. As common sense would tell you, when something is said by word of mouth it will change (the game telephone, for example). It is rare that someone would abide by an entire verbal list of rules, regulations, laws, and rights. They could always say, "Oh I didn't hear that!" or, "I forgot about that rule." However, when something is written down, it is official. It is something that will never die out. It is something you may look at and read over as many times as you want. And it being written down will keep peace and order in any community.

The following paragraph is an example of what I mean. You may skip it if you would like, but if you don't agree with what I said above, you might want to:
     Imagine this, the United States Constitution and Bill of Rights was never written down; and the creators of the documents believed that we didn't need to write it down. That, "people will remember it. We'll just pass it from word of mouth to our children." Now, imagine the United States without those documents today. Crime would be high. States would be declaring war on other states. The government would be exploiting its power. We wouldn't be a real nation. It would be like 50 countries with 50 forms of government, not 50 states under one government. It just doesn't work. Now, imagine the Bill of Rights never being written. All of our rights will be exploited. The government will abuse their power. People can easily make excuses to get out of the unorganized court. They can say, "I thought that was part of our rights?"

Something written down can never be broken. There is no way around it. You can't say, "You never said that!" because it wasn't said, it is written down. You cannot say, "I forgot about that." because it is right in front of you at all times. And this is why I will be creating a Constitution and Bill of Rights for this Tribe.

These documents will be the people's document. I've created a website where you may vote on what you believe. These votes will tell me what people approve of and disapprove of in the community. I know many of the things you all have talked about are on the website, but I'm just asking for everyone to vote so I can easily view the information with a few clicks. I'll still be looking at the posts, but the voting will tell me what I should be looking for. I also know that there isn't enough information available to write it. I'm not planing to start writing it tomorrow, or even in the next few weeks. I'm waiting to get all the information together, then I'll begin to write it. Once the voting is complete, I will then write a rough draft. I'll pass it around the forum for a few days so everyone can review it. Then I'll write a final draft.

With this site, you may vote on what you believe is best for the Tribe. I encourage you to vote on all of the polls there, so I may get the best possible "readout" from everyone. Remember, you are deciding the future, so vote honestly: http://rlntcbr.yolasite.com/

If you have any questions, suggestions, comments, or want to help, please PM me or Email me at [email protected]

If you have ideas on different names for the Constitution and Bill of Rights, I ask you to please PM it to me. Please specify which name goes with which document. Also, please add an English translation if it is in a different language. Lastly, I have your ideas written down, Letxuma Swizaw, Coyote, Twonyu Ikranä, and Uriuujìn. However, if you have any more ideas, I encourage you to PM me it. Thank you

Notice the date next to the title. This shows you the last time a new public poll was made.
My uncle's dog came over a little less than one week ago. I stupidly left the computer plug on the floor. That night, his dog chewed it up. So, the next morning, I go looking for the plug and I find a chewed up piece of metal. I sadly cannot purchase a new plug right now, and my computer's battery is out. I'm at my public library.

Also, I discovered this promising "small business" film company called Mirror Entertainment. It looks really promising: http://www.mirrorente

Nanaki

Amazing post, I think it is a very good idea, and you will need to make many polls / threads :P
'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!

'Awve Tìkameie

Quote from: Nanaki on February 26, 2010, 11:55:28 AM
Amazing post, I think it is a very good idea, and you will need to make many polls / threads :P

Yeah, I know; but it's worth it, especially since this will be a real tribe in the real world.
My uncle's dog came over a little less than one week ago. I stupidly left the computer plug on the floor. That night, his dog chewed it up. So, the next morning, I go looking for the plug and I find a chewed up piece of metal. I sadly cannot purchase a new plug right now, and my computer's battery is out. I'm at my public library.

Also, I discovered this promising "small business" film company called Mirror Entertainment. It looks really promising: http://www.mirrorente

sezawte

Some of the answers can be found on other threads e.g. the guns thread for the guns yes or no (judging from the poll it looks like a no but I don't want to say that because I'm biased so it's unfair :P)
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Interested in a camping trip in the UK? Find out more Here

'Itan Atxur

First I'd like to say that this is an excellent post. We already have a topic similar to this but I feel that this covers all the bases a bit better.

Now if this is a democracy, it would appear that guns have now been shot down twice (no pun intended, I swear).

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Nanaki

Quote from: 'Awve Tìkameie on February 26, 2010, 11:59:23 AM
Yeah, I know; but it's worth it, especially since this will be a real tribe in the real world.

Yes, of course I totally approve, and it's for what I am with you with this thread !!

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...

Ikranä mokri

hmmmm i will send a PM to you with a few of my ideas, theyll probs not be brilliant but a few might be good

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

'Awve Tìkameie

@ 'Itan Atxur & Sezawte
     Yes, I know I can find many of the answers on other posts. The post is just an example of what will be included. However, I'm making the site so everything can be organized and easy viewing. I'll be done in about an hour (I hope)

Nanaki

Quote from: 'Awve Tìkameie on February 26, 2010, 12:20:39 PM
I'm making the site so everything can be organized and easy viewing. I'll be done in about an hour (I hope)

Nice job guy ;)

At least, your message is clear, accurate and there is an interesting menu (Guns, Medicine ...) !

'Itan Atxur

@ 'Itan Atxur & Sezawte
     Yes, I know I can find many of the answers on other posts. The post is just an example of what will be included. However, I'm making the site so everything can be organized and easy viewing. I'll be done in about an hour (I hope)

I think it's totally awesome that your making a site!

Now this idea has been brought up before and some members have expressed concern about have a website for the tribe before we really know what we're doing. People have said that this may bring unwanted attention to both our goal and learnnavi.org in general.

Now, I'm not saying this to discourage your from making the site. Again, I think it's awesome. I'm just trying to make sure that everyone's points are being heard.

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Hawnu UnilTxep

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on February 26, 2010, 12:26:05 PM
@ 'Itan Atxur & Sezawte

Now this idea has been brought up before and some members have expressed concern about have a website for the tribe before we really know what we're doing. People have said that this may bring unwanted attention to both our goal and learnnavi.org in general.

Now, I'm not saying this to discourage your from making the site. Again, I think it's awesome. I'm just trying to make sure that everyone's points are being heard.

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Alright, did you talk to Uriuujin about this site?? This needs to be a collab effort, not just one person, no offence.  We already have discussed this [thank's for pointing this out, 'itan atxur] and have decided to wait.  So, please, collab with the mods and the others before embarking!! We're here to help! I promise! :D

But I do like the idea of your post.

Please PM me if you are still interested in the real Na'vi tribe.

'Awve Tìkameie

Quote from: Hawnu UnilTxep on February 26, 2010, 01:15:52 PM
@ 'Itan Atxur & Sezawte

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Alright, did you talk to Uriuujin about this site?? This needs to be a collab effort, not just one person, no offence.  We already have discussed this [thank's for pointing this out, 'itan atxur] and have decided to wait.  So, please, collab with the mods and the others before embarking!! We're here to help! I promise! :D

Yes, I did talk to Uriuujin about the site. I understand exactly what you're saying and he, too, told me. The site is just a bunch of polls and shoutboxes so people can vote and say what they believe. This website has nothing to do with an official website for the Tribe. This website is for me, so I can write the documents according to the people's choices. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to PM, Email, or post another message.

'Itan Atxur

If it's cool with Uriuujìn and Hawnu UnilTxep, it's certainly cool with me ;D

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

'Awve Tìkameie

Quote from: Hawnu UnilTxep on February 26, 2010, 01:15:52 PM
@ 'Itan Atxur & Sezawte

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

I just sent you a link to view the site before I release it to the public. PM me with your "answer"

Hawnu UnilTxep

Alright, I didn't know you had talked to Uriuujin about it... he mentioned nothing to me... heh.  Like I said in PMs, yes, its great!! Sorry for the misunderstanding ^^ *sticky*

Please PM me if you are still interested in the real Na'vi tribe.

'Awve Tìkameie

Quote from: Hawnu UnilTxep on February 26, 2010, 02:10:56 PM
Alright, I didn't know you had talked to Uriuujin about it... he mentioned nothing to me... heh.  Like I said in PMs, yes, its great!! Sorry for the misunderstanding ^^ *sticky*

Yeah, he told me to put it to a public vote. I made a poll concerning it yesterday which had some other information on it (like me consulting with Uriuujin). I checked it earlier today, and it was a unanimous vote. So I wrote this post up and locked the previous one.

'Itan Atxur

Awesome! But some of the polls seem to be lacking in things we've discussed. Here's a few suggestions:

Judicial System
Yes   
No   

It would seem to me that this needs to be more specific. A judicial system is a complex thing. Even the very simple one we currently have set up would qualify as a judicial system.

Also, the poll for guns has been run here a few times using different options but has posted the same results. You may want to check them out.

Choosing Jobs
Resume sent in to the "town hall." Leader(s) choose
You pick
Leaders automatically pick your job according to desire

We've already decided on this. In the end, we expect everybody to know how to do at LEAST a little of everything.

It looks like this site can be really useful but it does need a little tweaking ;D (I hope you view this as constructive criticism because it isn't intended as anything else)

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Nanaki

I approve what said 'Itan Atxur, and you make a good job, keep this way !

'Awve Tìkameie

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on February 26, 2010, 02:23:39 PM
Awesome! But some of the polls seem to be lacking in things we've discussed. Here's a few suggestions:

Judicial System
Yes   
No   

It would seem to me that this needs to be more specific. A judicial system is a complex thing. Even the very simple one we currently have set up would qualify as a judicial system.

Also, the poll for guns has been run here a few times using different options but has posted the same results. You may want to check them out.

Choosing Jobs
Resume sent in to the "town hall." Leader(s) choose
You pick
Leaders automatically pick your job according to desire

We've already decided on this. In the end, we expect everybody to know how to do at LEAST a little of everything.

It looks like this site can be really useful but it does need a little tweaking ;D (I hope you view this as constructive criticism because it isn't intended as anything else)

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

First, thank you for letting me know about these. I'll update them now. Also, to be honest, I HATE the site. It isn't nice, it's hard to navigate, and so many more things. That's why once I get my Website Design software, I'll be making another site that will be so easy to use. Lastly, I like all feedback. So please don't hesitate to tell me something you don't like or have 100% answered before.

EDIT: I also HATE Webs.com. But it is the only website designer that had what I needed

'Itan Atxur