Tribe Admission

Started by guest2859, February 15, 2010, 04:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest2859

This hasn't been discussed much except for a few time, but there has to be a way we know each other and each other's abilities, so basically we just determined there was going to be an admission test.

Step One: Meetup
We would need to determine where everyone in your same country [and who is commited also] is, so that we could determine a single meet-up city to discuss and just get to know each other. We'd probably have to do it the old-fashioned way and just rent out motel rooms to each individual. Then we'd just in general spend time with each other and just get to knoweach other.

Step Two: Admission
Admission Step One: Camp
This was also pointed out. We'd pick some easy in-country place to set up a kayak trip or camp trip. Then stay at that location for about 3 weeks and live off the land about the second half of that time period.
Admission Step Two: Split Up
We'd most likely split up for about 2 weeks into small groups, and do about the same for 2 weeks.
Admission Step Three: Isolation
Same thing, this time only off the land, by yourself for about one week. If you make it back alive, you'll be considered part of the tribe, go home, plan more, then go to the actual tripe. If you don't survive, we have alot of issues to explain in court.

Any agrees/disagrees?

Txontaw

I don't think that that is necessary.

I think that the tribe admission would be more like a practical test. Like can you shoot a bow?

Because a tribe is about the tribe, not the individual, there's no need for solitary camping.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

guest2859

It's there so if you're lost you know what to do, and most basically to ensure you can live off the land.

Txon Taronyu

Well I came up with this system and step one and two are different

step one is a canoe trip
step to is of in the forest no canoes
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

The old Uriuujìn

I think that the Admission process should be thus:

You want in? Are you a criminal? Do you have any health conditions? Ok, you are in! ^_^ I do not think that a test is necessary for membership-this experience should be about learning as much as anything else. I would rather some have no idea what is going on than everyone know exactly what is happening. The latter makes it so much less fun!

Eywa ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

'Itan Atxur

I see where both Uriuujìn and Toruk Txonä are coming from, but I must agree with Uriuujìn here. This is already a very difficult thing to set up as it is and adding additional meet ups will only discourage people from doing this.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

If a few meetups actually discourage someone from joining the tribe chances are they shouldn't be going in the first place if they aren't willing to commit.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

'Itan Atxur

This is a different type of commitment we'd be asking for. It would take time and money and wouldn't guarantee entrance into the tribe. It is my humble opinion that this would be a mistake. I think we let anybody who shares our views of what the tribe means should be allowed a chance (provided they are physically fit). If they don't know too much about survival, we should teach them. If they can't learn, THEN we send them home.

This is how I feel about the subject. :D

Txontaw

Yeah, I agree with this. We shouldn't have an entrance requirement, besides being physically fit, and being of-age. (Or have parent permission if you aren't).

"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Txontaw on February 15, 2010, 11:03:21 PM
Yeah, I agree with this. We shouldn't have an entrance requirement, besides being physically fit, and being of-age. (Or have parent permission if you aren't).

And sharing our view of what the tribe is and represents!! Don't forget that! It's the most important part!

bagget00

I get the idea of having people who are up to the task, but having someone risk their lives to prove they are good enough to even join us seems a little too selective. We could lose a lot of good people with otherwise good skills. Including me seeing as I am not the most physically fit person ever, but I do know some things about random stuff that people said was useless but applies to what we are doing.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

'Itan Atxur

It would appear to me that we're almost completely in agreement on this subject. Any other differing opinions?

sezawte

I agree with this, except I just have one question about health problems. I have asthma and it's normally never a problem but would something like that basically ruin my chances of getting in?
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Interested in a camping trip in the UK? Find out more Here

'Itan Atxur

I don't know too much about asthma. If you say it's not bad and we have plenty of supplies then perhaps it would be okay. But I can totally see asthma being a pretty bad thing in the forrest :(

I suppose at LEAST you'd be able to give it a shot for a while and then if it worked out okay then you'd be fine. But yeah, I don't know.

sezawte

I have an inhaler but I never need to use it, however the risk is still there and I was wondering how strict the entry criteria were.
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

'Itan Atxur

I think this is something we'd all have to discuss.

Letxuma Swizaw

it sounds like your asthma isn't serious and perhaps after a while living a natural life style away from carbon emissions and similar health threats you will see an amazing improvement in your respiratory ability. Or you can just hit the reefer with me, which some how helps asthma. don't ask me how, look it up.

there now my drug reference for the day is gone! :P
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

sezawte

Quote from: Letxuma Swizaw on February 16, 2010, 11:25:59 AM
it sounds like your asthma isn't serious and perhaps after a while living a natural life style away from carbon emissions and similar health threats you will see an amazing improvement in your respiratory ability. Or you can just hit the reefer with me, which some how helps asthma. don't ask me how, look it up.

there now my drug reference for the day is gone! :P

;D I'm up for that

It's seriously not bad at all, it was a case of years ago whenever i did sports i kept having to stop and was becoming much more out of breath than i should have done, so i got sent to the doctor, he packed me off with an inhaler. In the mean time it seems to have cleared itself up.

My point was more along the lines of asking just how strict the entry criteria were

Letxuma Swizaw

i would say the entry criteria are can you do physical work and get along with eachother? good your in!

for more specifics on the type of work look for the locked jobs thread.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

bagget00

I have a friend who has Asthma and paralyzed vocal chords from when the surgeons tried to fix his asthma. He can run faster and better than I, He has been doing weight training clases since I've known him (bout 6 ears), and is planning a trip to climb Mount Sinai when he is done with colledge. (I'm going with him.)
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/