Two projects!

Started by Tonbogiri, June 28, 2011, 05:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonbogiri

Hey everyone,

After a long absence, it is good to finally return to my little internet home. In the time i was away, I have found two projects run by other organisations which may be appropriate to us!

The first is the Anake Outdoor School, an american 9-month wilderness living course in Duvall, Washington.
The other is the Guunuwa Project, an australian 12-month wilderness living course in New South Wales.

Should my university application not go as planned, I will be attending one of these courses - probably the second. The application periods for these are still open, if anyone wants a go - but the real purpose of flagging this up is to highlight the fact that we will all need comprehensive training like this if we are to live in the wilds, rather than just barely survive.

Food for thought, and I hope to maybe see some of you there!

old gallery link?id=2051[/img]

Na'viru san LearnNaviyä sìk oel olo'txepit nerekx siveiyi talun
    lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpong...

'Itan Atxur

I have been very seriously considering such courses and have actually spoken with my parents about it.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Na'vin Nos'feratxu

NotW#82

guest2859

Well, I'm planning the meetup next year, so recovering from that would put off one of those courses a far way.

[Realized Semi-Necropost]

Tonbogiri

well, exciting though it is, I will be attending the australia project and not be attending the American one. There are still places available on both - but one thing, the australian one is considerably cheaper, even when flights are factored in.

Na'vin Nos'feratxu

Quote from: Tonbogiri on July 19, 2011, 09:50:38 AM
well, exciting though it is, I will be attending the australia project and not be attending the American one. There are still places available on both - but one thing, the australian one is considerably cheaper, even when flights are factored in.

Very cool tsmukan. I wont be able to attend either.  >:(

I would like to request that you take some footage of your adventure! Bring the taste of freedom to some of the Tribe.
Let them see what it is to live without modern shtuff  :)

Just a request. I look forward to hearing about what you learned. There is always room for me to learn from others experiences.
Good luck, be careful :)

NotW#82

Tonbogiri

Gee thanks!

I was planning to have some sort of regular update while I was there. Of course, this isn't until FEBRUARY, so plenty of time!

Yayo

You should visit Perth either before or after you've finished.  :P Don't leave out the West, it's the best! :D

Yayo on facebook
Skxaypxe: callofdoty95

Syulang

The NSW things sounds interesting, and depending on where it is, it would be easy to get to since I live in NSW.  ;D but I probably wouldn't be able to do coz its for 12 moths, I'm in school, and my parents would never let me. ah well, one can dream hrh.  :P
Oel ayngati kameie ma oeyä aysmukan sì aysmuke ulte Eywa ayngahu livu

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

Tonbogiri

Don't worry - apparently they do shorter courses, like day long or week long courses, all the time!
Maybe i'll see you around.