UK dry run

Started by Eywayä lì'u, August 07, 2011, 12:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsmuktengan

I'd be interested, personally. As France isn't very far from UK, I could certainly jump in one or two trains for this, if my studies allow this.

Eywayä lì'u

Quote from: Tsmuktengan on October 17, 2011, 06:08:29 PM
I'd be interested, personally. As France isn't very far from UK, I could certainly jump in one or two trains for this, if my studies allow this.

Glad to hear it, I'd love to have one of our neighbours on board!
Oe prrkxentrrkrr ngeyä sa'nok!

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tsmuktengan

Quote from: Eywayä lì'u on October 20, 2011, 12:22:49 PM
Quote from: Tsmuktengan on October 17, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Glad to hear it, I'd love to have one of our neighbours on board!

Well, do you want me to create an event notification page for people who can do the travel? With some luck, we may be able to get some more people from France and Germany (TGV, Thalys and Eurostar helps).

If you wish to organize a meeting to organize this, feel free to tell me, I can open a chat room for this (see http://na.learnnavi.org/ ).  ;)

hemmond

I don't know if my studies will allow me to travel to the UK, but I'll try to get there as well as everyone of you. :)
old gallery link?id=1849[/img]
old gallery link?id=1890[/img]

http://twitter.com/hemmondssandbox

If it's change in you, then the world is changing too.
--22nd World Scout Jamboree anthem.

Tsmuktengan

When would this meeting take place and where in the UK?

Eywayä lì'u

Quote from: Tsmuktengan on October 20, 2011, 06:02:35 PM
When would this meeting take place and where in the UK?

We'll have to take that to popular vote I think, personally I'd love somewhere like the forests and waterfalls area of The Brecon Beacons in Wales

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tsmuktengan

Popular vote isn't always necessary since we rely on the people that really know these territories. The most important things is that transportation must be easy enough for everyone from the UK, but also for those of us coming by train from the continent. I guess that me and other people will have to go through London St. Pancras at first, then take another train for somewhere else. Take this in account.

It is not an issue for me since I am used to London and I can easily go from one station to another. But it might not be the case, especially when there are entire tube lines that are shut down for works during some days. We would have to organize ourselves on that part as well, if I am not alone from the continent.

Tsmuktengan

No news? I hope I did not kill the topic.

Eywayä lì'u

Quote from: Tsmuktengan on November 02, 2011, 05:59:01 PM
No news? I hope I did not kill the topic.

sorry, my fault. I've been really busy with my university applications and such

Tsmuktengan

Quote from: Eywayä lì'u on November 03, 2011, 03:16:39 PM
sorry, my fault. I've been really busy with my university applications and such

No worries, was just to have some news and be reassured. I know university (I wonder which one) applications can be a hell to complete and follow.  :)

Fnua Atxkxe

Quote from: Tonbogiri on August 07, 2011, 04:32:56 PM
SOunds like a great idea! Sign me up - and yes, there was a similar trip suggested about two years ago...sadly most of the members involved with that one have moved away from the boards.

Nice suggestion!

But some of us are still nosing around and keeping tabs :b What happened with this idea anyway? Was difficult to plan last time, probably still got all the notes we made last time on possibly destinations and such for whoever's planning it if they want... :) Also hello to anyone who remember who I am ;D
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

Tsmuktengan

I am still here and listening as well.  :)