Video conference
1 (11.1%)
Voice conference
3 (33.3%)
Both
5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Na'vin Nos'feratxu

I admire and adore honesty. You sir have my respect.
Not many can set aside their ego and pride over reality and truth.

The information that you have given, I humbly believe it to all be true.
With that said, you can easily be ready given some time. Your heart is in the right place at this moment, given time your mind and body will follow.

You are right about the people around us who once wanted what we still want now.
They have all moved back into society and have forgotten what it is to be independent of societies rule.

Also, yes. Our current lives are first and foremost important over all other things.
So long as you chase your dream, your first life will follow until it is no longer needed. What you desire becomes yours through effort and persistence.

This dream, the RLNT, will never die out. It exists in all of us, because deep down we want to be free of the things that tie us down, we are so busy working for others we never get to live for ourselves.
Never gonna give this up, its apart of my current life. I sustains what sanity I have left, as society tries to rip it from me.

NotW#82

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

1. I am 18 years old. Survival skills? I have been in the Scouts for many years, so I know something. I am an Adult Male. I don't have any diseases, and I am healthy as much as I can. 5'11 tall, and I have a weight of about 70 kg(154 lbs), so I can say I am in average.

My health is very good. My current education is in Restaurant and Food Processing, I can cook and I can bake. My body type is average. I was born and raised with my mom, until I were sent to a orphanage, and after that I got foster Parents. I am a very calm person so I won't stress with anything.

2. I am 154 lbs and I'm not sure how much I can lift, but I can lift things of that weight.

3. I have no mental diseases as I mentioned before in this post.

4. I know a bit of survival when I was a boyscout. I was a boyscout in 6 years.

5. I can react to changes in temperature. If it gets very cold. I can not withstand very cold temperature. I start to get a very blue colour on my hands, and I can get ill of it, and it have happened sometimes before.

I am ready for RLNT, but I am not sure if I am going to do it.

Na'vin Nos'feratxu

Based on the information given, you are at the age of indecisive allocation.
Basically, your body and heart are in the right place, but your mind is not. Which is perfectly fine and understandable.

Being 18 is a point in your life when you are capable of stepping out into the world on your own. You should do this and then later decide if leaving society is in your best interest.
You have not yet experienced the good and the bad of this world. Many lessons still await you. I am not going to preach what you should and shouldn't do, but I am relaying my experience to you.

I too do not do well in the cold, I absolutely hate the cold. Anything below 85 degrees Fahrenheit puts me in an agitated mood  ;D   

NotW#82

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Quote from: Na'vin Nos'feratxu on April 15, 2013, 09:34:50 AM
Based on the information given, you are at the age of indecisive allocation.
Basically, your body and heart are in the right place, but your mind is not. Which is perfectly fine and understandable.

Being 18 is a point in your life when you are capable of stepping out into the world on your own. You should do this and then later decide if leaving society is in your best interest.
You have not yet experienced the good and the bad of this world. Many lessons still await you. I am not going to preach what you should and shouldn't do, but I am relaying my experience to you.

I too do not do well in the cold, I absolutely hate the cold. Anything below 85 degrees Fahrenheit puts me in an agitated mood  ;D   

Of the other education I am gonna take, I am not thinking I will do it. But what I am really gonna do, is to tell the world a story, that we need to change our world. That is something I will fight with. I will do something like James Cameron, making a movie, but not like he have made, now I mean Avatar. I am very passionate in this story I want to tell the world.

But I don't think I will actually leave society. But I can help with getting you other people, if you want to. But I don't think myself will leave society.

Na'vin Nos'feratxu

You say that now, but give yourself a few years in the world alone and then, and only then can you truly make a decision.

At this point in time it's perfectly fine that you aren't willing to partake in such an adventure, however RLNT isn't doing anything at the moment so nothing is lost or gained.

James Cameron has many followers, all of us here in LN follow JC and his beliefs based on Avatar.
The world itself is in trouble, our ecosystem is on the verge of complete destruction and the Human people are to blame.
There are simply too many people in the world and not enough time to undo what has been done.

The world as we know it won't survive with us on it much longer. I anticipate either a tremendous series of Worldwide catastrophes.
Or, the planet will simple dwindle away with us along with it.

Hard to say at this point, how much time until something happens... BUT (here is my main motivation)
When it does happen, if I am still alive... I WILL SURVIVE
The stone age, reincarnate! lol  :P 

NotW#82

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Quote from: Na'vin Nos'feratxu on April 15, 2013, 10:40:01 AM
You say that now, but give yourself a few years in the world alone and then, and only then can you truly make a decision.

At this point in time it's perfectly fine that you aren't willing to partake in such an adventure, however RLNT isn't doing anything at the moment so nothing is lost or gained.

James Cameron has many followers, all of us here in LN follow JC and his beliefs based on Avatar.
The world itself is in trouble, our ecosystem is on the verge of complete destruction and the Human people are to blame.
There are simply too many people in the world and not enough time to undo what has been done.

The world as we know it won't survive with us on it much longer. I anticipate either a tremendous series of Worldwide catastrophes.
Or, the planet will simple dwindle away with us along with it.

Hard to say at this point, how much time until something happens... BUT (here is my main motivation)
When it does happen, if I am still alive... I WILL SURVIVE
The stone age, reincarnate! lol  :P  

I believe that in about 40 years, the world will reach a critical phase where nothing can be done. It is actually now every nation on the planet need to cooperate, even the damn North-Korea, to negotiate and get to an agreement to sustain the life for our planet, before we fall in a deep hole. In about 80-90 years, we will see a much changed world, if nothing have been done to change the world. It is in that time, the whole ecosystem will dissapear, and in about 100 years, it gets to a new phase, called ELE(Extinction level event).

Nìmwey

I am probably going a bit off topic here (oh well, you guys already have :P), but - Na'vin Nos'feratxu has written a lot of good and important stuff, certainly.

But I wonder exactly what your idea of what this tribe life would be like, is?
Because if we take two extremes (I'm not saying we're aiming for either), a comfy ecovillage type setting, perhaps with Eartships (even with potential for running water), and "pure wild", out in the forest, living in "huts" or tents and purely as hunter-gatherers, are two very different scenarios, and crave different things from the people participating.

Regardless, it will be a lot of work, especially in the beginning when things are setting up. But if we take a loose definition, such as "Living in nature, independent and self-sufficient of greater society, with a group of people", is a very broad umbrella, where lots of different lifestyles (some way more difficult than others) can fit.

Like I said, regardless, it will be a lot of work and it is important to be physically and mentally healthy and knowing what you're in for (which I, to be honest, do not, as I've only spent 2½ years in this project in theory), but I have the feeling - perhaps mistaken - that the idea of what our lifestyle would be like that you have is a harsher, more survival-mode, wild living than the idea I have.

Tsmuktengan

The idea behind RLNT is of forming a proper and sustainable hunter-gatherer community, formed from people really liking this idea. This was inspired by avatar, not meaning we are supposed to copy the film (thankfully).

It would undoubtebly require energy, like any kind of really ambitious project, and the survival aspect does not help. But the aim is also to be able to live with the possibility of enjoying such a way of life and organizing it to be as less painful as possible. I'd say I want to work on this project to make it also rewarding, and to allow people not only to hunt for food and work to ensure the entire group lives well enough, but also to have some time for themselves and to be creative.

This would obviously require a sufficient number of people attracted by the project. But you've got to start somewhere.

Tsmuktengan

I think we need to discuss about this any time soon again. Would you people be available this week-end (friday evening, saturday or sunday)?

Na'vin Nos'feratxu

I should be around this weekend.
Let me know if you want my audience.

NotW#82

Nìmwey

I'm available any (European) time this weekend, but where?
If webcams or microphones are required, I'm afraid I can't be there.

Tupìawo'o

i'm in :)
dancingqueen3707 on skype.
i could do both. but i prefer video conference :)

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

I am available this evening and sunday, but not saturday.

Tsmuktengan

Okay. Let's say 20:00 PM UTC? Is that good for Na'vin, who is in the United States?

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Tsmuktengan

Several hours less. I would be fond of Teamspeak in some way.

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Tsmuktengan

Quote from: Tsanten Eywa 'eveng on April 20, 2013, 11:54:49 AM
Will it be tomorrow?

Yes. I'll at least try to be there, since I just reminded that I have a big party tonight.

Tsmuktengan

Oh damn... I fell asleep completely forgetting I had to turn in. I am sorry.  :(

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Me too. I was busy in that time. I am also sorry for that. So then we need to take it maybe saturday this weekend?