Tribe (This forum is retired. All topics are read-only.) > Real-life Na'vi Tribe

What is this all about?

<< < (3/4) > >>

Nongyu te Syulang Swokioang'itan:
Oh, ok :)

Ni-awtu:
this sounds AWESOME!!! I have ALWAYS wanted to live more tribal :)

but I can see this is going to be a long process...
are you going to wear animal skins?
tbh, my main concern is medicine!
I mean, if somebody gets sick, or there's an epidemic, whatcha gonna do? :O

however, the rest of this sounds really cool!

Unfortunately, I won't be able to join it, at least atm :(
but maybe I can visit sometime?

irayo ;)

Nìmwey:

--- Quote from: Ni-awtu on July 25, 2012, 05:48:25 am ---are you going to wear animal skins?
tbh, my main concern is medicine!
I mean, if somebody gets sick, or there's an epidemic, whatcha gonna do? :O
--- End quote ---
Well, we don't plan to run around in simple skins like some sort of cave people (do we? ;)), but of course we have to get materials from somewhere, and that include animal skins I would guess. (But we need to learn how to treat skin to make leather - otherwise it will decompose.)
And of course weave fabrics from fibers.

Whether we will ever be completely self-sufficient I don't know, I think some materials we would need to import from the outside world (perhaps trading with some of our own products). And of course, as you say, medicine. It's definitely advisable to get vaccinated against any diseases in the country (like cholera, hepatitis, rabies, typhoid and yellow fever, depending on where we're going), and in case of emergency (serious injury/disease) we MUST have a plan on what to do, how to get the injured person to a hospital (at least some members will have to be good at medicine and I think all of us should know the basics, but for serious things, we need hospitals).

It is a risk, choosing this lifestyle (but you're taking a risk every time you're passing a street with cars, or walking downtown at night), but nothing is more important than a life. (I know some in the early days at least, said that we must "just let nature run its course", but I disagree.)

Ni-awtu:
okay cool :)

was just worried when the idea struck me...

this is just so HUGE I can't quite take it all in :O

Tsmuktengan:
I wouldn't have said it better than Nimwey. :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version