Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Avatar 2, 3, 4 and 5 / Re: Avatar 2 news
« Last post by archaic on Today at 12:44:44 am »
I can wait, for another masterpiece I'd happily wait 10 years, but I kinda hope I won't have to.

You can't speed up inspiration and you so can't rush genius.
^This, still.^
Still sayin' it.
AvatarMeet 2018 / Re: AvatarMeet 2018 North America (ideas and such)
« Last post by Mako on Today at 12:03:03 am »
In many ways, Yosemite would be a great venue for AvatarMeet. I don't know what FAT is, but Yosemite is a bit over two hours drive from Reno. Close enough I could bring my 16 inch 'scope. And, Yosemite has an active, long standing public astronomy program.

The bad part about Yosemite? Its about as busy as Disneyworld in summertime! A possible, very nearby alternative that would allow easily visiting Yosemite would be somewhere in the Long Vallye Caldera. Or perhaps, the Owens Valley, which has a spectacular view of the Sierras without actually being in them...and close to the Goldstone Radio Telescope.

FAT is the airport in Fresno. I'm from the general area but there's still so much I haven't seen. The high sierras are absolutely breathtaking in this season though.
« Last post by TEAgaming2154 on Yesterday at 11:18:23 pm »
Long story short: it's complicated.
Let's just let JC and his crew take their time.
I mean, it took almost 40 years for JC to get a random dream he had in high school onto the big screen.
We don't want it to be rushed, do we?
Science / Re: Astronomy thread/Kìng a teri tanhìä tìftia
« Last post by TEAgaming2154 on Yesterday at 11:14:04 pm »
I was able to spot M51 and M101 galaxies before clouds started moving in.
Prefixes, Infixes and Suffixes / Re: fì + i
« Last post by Tirea Aean on Yesterday at 07:59:32 pm »
Yeah, that would be my theory as well.

And we also have things like ayyerik, ayyayo, and fya'o-o and tsko-o despite identical double vowels and double consonants not being a thing; I think it only happens at morpheme boundaries.

and apxaa / aapxa ==> apxa
and meylan, pxeylan, peylan from 'eylan
tsatan from tsa-  atan
etc.

yeah I guess it's a bit weird. If anything If there were a merger on iì / ìi, I would have expected fikran, having lost the ì due to the i being stressed.

Now, what about tsa-ätxäle? Is that one any less weird? it's still tsaätxala to my knowledge.
Pictures of your Cat / Re: HRHville in English
« Last post by Toliman on Yesterday at 05:09:31 pm »
Project cancelled. I found existing one:
It exist - I want! ;D :)
« Last post by Toliman on Yesterday at 04:59:49 pm »
Just found this:

THE HISTORY AND FUTURE OF THE AVATAR SEQUELS
What the heck has been taking so long?
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/01/18/the-history-and-future-of-the-avatar-sequels
« Last post by Toliman on Yesterday at 04:37:24 pm »
Ma Toliman, what do you like about M97?

I like try observe big planetary nebulae even many of these have low surface brightness and can be difficult to observation.
M97 has 3 arcminutes and is not extra bright however is observable without problems and if sky conditions are good I can see his faint green color (yeah, I like that many planetary nebulae can be visible as faint green-blue through bigger telescopes).
+ M97 (Owl Nebula) has interesting structure, there are two darker areas ("owl's eyes") - not easy to observe however when sky conditions are excellent, I am able see these both darker areas.

And as little bonus - there is also galaxy M98 very close to M97. When I use widescreen eyepiece with low magnification, I can see both these objects in one field of view :)

Did you observed this nebula more detailed too?
« Last post by `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on Yesterday at 04:06:22 pm »
I like that alternative light pollution map much better. It shows the pollution level going from almost orange to almost green across the width of my 2 acre property :) You can also pick out where the always-dark-at-night zoo is.

Ma Toliman, what do you like about M97?
In many ways, Yosemite would be a great venue for AvatarMeet. I don't know what FAT is, but Yosemite is a bit over two hours drive from Reno. Close enough I could bring my 16 inch 'scope. And, Yosemite has an active, long standing public astronomy program.

The bad part about Yosemite? Its about as busy as Disneyworld in summertime! A possible, very nearby alternative that would allow easily visiting Yosemite would be somewhere in the Long Vallye Caldera. Or perhaps, the Owens Valley, which has a spectacular view of the Sierras without actually being in them...and close to the Goldstone Radio Telescope.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Become LearnNavi's friend on Facebook Follow LearnNavi on Twitter! Watch LearnNavi's videos on YouTube

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines | XHTML | RSS | WAP2 | Site Rules

LearnNavi is not affiliated with the official Avatar website,
James Cameron, or the Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation.
All trademarks and servicemarks are the properties of their respective owners.
Images in the LearnNavi.org Forums and Gallery may not be used without permission.

LearnNavi Affiliates:
ToS

LearnNavi is the community to learn Na'vi, the Avatar Language
"A place where real friendships are made." -Paul Frommer

AvatarMeet | Learn Na'vi Forum | Learn Na'vi Wiki | Na'viteri

LearnNavi