Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
I've seen Ready player one movie and it looked really good and I'm sure I'd try Oasis once. On the other hand I wouldn't want to end as people in the movie living their lives in VR. I think real life is more interesting - if you know how to live it right way.
Only two comments:
talun äiel a wan txolìng
ayrina’it
tengkrr hahaw...
äiel in first version was correct, as it is subject of txìng, which is transitive (that's why ayrina' takes -it). With ..a wan I gave not fully correct proposal, it should be ... a wäpan (vision, which hides itself, left seeds while (I was) sleeping...)
Books and Literature / Re: Last book you read
« Last post by Blue Elf on Today at 01:57:18 pm »
Recent book Ready Player One by Ernest Cline.
Overall 8/10 but I'm not very familiar with English literature.

I watched the movie then started with book. To my surprise, only key facts are the same in movie and book. Lot of other important details doesn't match between them. That's surprising for me. On the other hand, movie doesn't spoils the plot of the book and vice versa.

Two years ago: The Martian by Andy Weir.
9/10 but I read that book in Polish translation.

I read book before watching the movie, just to spend time waiting for movie. Book really spoils a lot of the movie plot. The Book was much better than movie and contain a lot of humor, especially black humor.
No space for surprise - movies are mostly different from books and according my experience it is better to read book first.
I've seen Ready player on movie and liked it. Now waiting for book and I'm curious how different it will be.
I've also seen and read The Martian (in this sequence) and IMHO movie is good example of book transferred into movie right way. In this case it was no problem to read book after movie.
General Discussion / Re: Bring Pandora into the OASIS (Ready Player One)
« Last post by Lynxcat on Today at 10:37:05 am »
I must say I too was thrilled by the Oasis and the opportunities it offered. And obviously, planet Pandora would be essential. :)

Same here. Imagine flying on an ikran in VR!  :o That would be amazing!  :)
Well, what are we waiting for? We have the technology. Maybe the IT personnel, programmers, and gamers here could kickstart a project like this. I wonder what JC would think of a fan-made VR Pandora...

I would help you guys make a VR Pandora world if I knew how to, but I have no idea how to use such technology.  ;D Though I'm sure JC and Lightstorm would be thrilled!  :)
Music / Re: What are you currently listening to?
« Last post by Lynxcat on Today at 10:34:36 am »
Daft Punk is my jam, and Interstella 5555 is such an underrated movie.
And this song sounds really good on my vinyl copy of this album.

Ohh I love this song! - It's one of my favorite Daft Punk songs.  :) I've never had vinyl and I've never heard it in person- so the fact that it sounds better is awesome!! I might just have to buy some vinyl and a vinyl player.  ;D
« Last post by TEAgaming2154 on Yesterday at 11:39:06 pm »
Daft Punk is my jam, and Interstella 5555 is such an underrated movie.
And this song sounds really good on my vinyl copy of this album.
Spam / Re: Can we get 90002 posts?
« Last post by TEAgaming2154 on Yesterday at 11:28:57 pm »
Doing stuff with command lines? I heard that was in terminal decline.
Crappy IT pun of the day... ;D
« Last post by TEAgaming2154 on Yesterday at 11:28:10 pm »
I must say I too was thrilled by the Oasis and the opportunities it offered. And obviously, planet Pandora would be essential. :)

Well, what are we waiting for? We have the technology. Maybe the IT personnel, programmers, and gamers here could kickstart a project like this. I wonder what JC would think of a fan-made VR Pandora...
« Last post by Lynxcat on Yesterday at 09:03:22 pm »

:)
« Last post by Lynxcat on Yesterday at 06:59:07 pm »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Become LearnNavi's friend on Facebook Follow LearnNavi on Twitter! Watch LearnNavi's videos on YouTube

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines | XHTML | RSS | WAP2 | Site Rules

LearnNavi is not affiliated with the official Avatar website,
James Cameron, or the Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation.
All trademarks and servicemarks are the properties of their respective owners.
Images in the LearnNavi.org Forums and Gallery may not be used without permission.

LearnNavi Affiliates:
ToS

LearnNavi is the community to learn Na'vi, the Avatar Language
"A place where real friendships are made." -Paul Frommer

AvatarMeet | Learn Na'vi Forum | Learn Na'vi Wiki | Na'viteri

LearnNavi