Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Mobile Apps / Re: Android - 0.8.0
« Last post by Toruk Makto on Today at 12:30:06 am »
Neither can I. My nexus 10 just had to have a wipe and the apk is not in my backups. If we can find it, I'll put it on the server and link from there.  - M.
« Last post by Tirea Aean on Yesterday at 11:10:30 pm »
The app doesn't seem to be in the Dropbox anymore...
Yeah I have scrambled to find a copy of the .apk and I can't find a copy of the moat recent working version anywhere. O_0

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Science / Re: Astronomy thread/Kìng a teri tanhìä tìftia
« Last post by Vawmataw on Yesterday at 09:55:13 pm »
I just saw I made a mistake in my last message: It's M24 not M34.

By the way, if one day I find a way to observe under dark skies, will I be able to spot some nebulae, which I can't do now except for M42?
Beginners / Re: 'Lu' (to be) Vs 'er' (infix for tense)
« Last post by eejmensenikbenhet on Yesterday at 08:31:39 pm »
However, you say:
 but also to denounce possession: oeru lu puk I have a book (literally a book is to me). To say I am hunting it is simply oe teraron which more literally means I hunt continually or I hunt in an ongoing fashion.

I thought the -yä and -ä suffixes were used to show possession? Are these both valid to represent this, e.g. Oeyä puk. Are they just used in different situations?
Yeah, that's right. Oeyä puk means my book but oeru lu puk means I have a book. So both concern possession but in a different way. In the first you're describing the fact that the book is yours and in the second you say that you have the book. Another example:
Kelku oeyä lu tsawl my house is big versus lu oeru kelku atsawl I have got a big house.
« Last post by Toruk Makto on Yesterday at 07:48:04 pm »
The app doesn't seem to be in the Dropbox anymore...
« Last post by Tirea Aean on Yesterday at 04:09:01 pm »
Thanks a ton guys. Irayo ma ayeylan. (is that right?) this might take a while haha. Oel tslolam.
Kaltxì ma Ronsem Aftxavang,

Yeah «irayo ma ayeylan» is exactly right.  It takes a while for all of us :)

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

« Last post by Mäks' on Yesterday at 04:01:30 pm »
Thanks a ton guys. Irayo ma ayeylan. (is that right?) this might take a while haha. Oel tslolam set.

However, you say:
 but also to denounce possession: oeru lu puk I have a book (literally a book is to me). To say I am hunting it is simply oe teraron which more literally means I hunt continually or I hunt in an ongoing fashion.

I thought the -yä and -ä suffixes were used to show possession? Are these both valid to represent this, e.g. Oeyä puk. Are they just used in different situations?

Website Info / Re: Official Na'vi Dictionary
« Last post by Toruk Makto on Yesterday at 03:23:07 pm »
Woo!   :)
Avatar / Re: Avatar folytatás(ok)
« Last post by Kargarosz on Yesterday at 01:48:50 pm »
Ideje volt már még élni is kell 20-ig.
« Last post by Tirea Aean on Yesterday at 12:28:07 pm »
Hi there! Welcome to the Learn Na'vi Forums :D

I'm just in to say hello and to second what EMIBH here said before me.  Your assumption was right about lu vs. <er> when you said this:
Is the former used to describe, and the later to show the tense in the verb such that they never cross over in purpose?

lu is not a helper verb; there are no helper verbs in Na'vi like in English. (in English, the main helper verbs are have and be, such that we have these kinds of sentences: "I am eating", "She has slept.")  For these, we have modified forms of the verb that involve inserting something inside, rather than use another verb such as lu.  Additionally, infixes such as <er> can only ever be inserted into verbs.  What I like to say to people when they first come across this is:

<er> = "be/am/is/are  ____ing"
<er> has the "be/am/is/are" baked in already so there is no need to use lu along with any other verb.

:ikran: 8)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Become LearnNavi's friend on Facebook Follow LearnNavi on Twitter! Watch LearnNavi's videos on YouTube

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines | XHTML | RSS | WAP2 | Site Rules

LearnNavi is not affiliated with the official Avatar website,
James Cameron, or the Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation.
All trademarks and servicemarks are the properties of their respective owners.
Images in the LearnNavi.org Forums and Gallery may not be used without permission.

LearnNavi Affiliates:
ToS

LearnNavi is the community to learn Na'vi, the Avatar Language
"A place where real friendships are made." -Paul Frommer

AvatarMeet | Learn Na'vi Forum | Learn Na'vi Wiki | Na'viteri

LearnNavi