Aytautral Comment thread.

Started by Txura Rolyu, September 22, 2011, 08:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should we make the title of this story?

Wings and Blades
1 (20%)
Aytautral (Sky trees)
4 (80%)
The Palulukan's Embrace
0 (0%)
(something else that you think sounds cool)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Meuiama Tsamsiyu (Toruk Makto)

I have been following this RP for some time. One note is there is no B D G CH SH in the Na'vi language at all. Aside from that, excellent premise.

Keep up the good work, ma eyeylan.

"He who destroys a good book kills reason itself." -John Milton

"Mathematics is the gate and key to the sciences." -Roger Bacon

"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." -Socrates

Txura Rolyu

Quote from: Meuiama Tsamsiyu (Toruk Makto) on October 21, 2011, 08:05:03 PM
I have been following this RP for some time. One note is there is no B D G CH SH in the Na'vi language at all. Aside from that, excellent premise.

ayeylan*  :P

Thanks for following. Please tell us what you think. It is always good to get feedback.
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Seze Mune

Quote from: Meuiama Tsamsiyu (Toruk Makto) on October 21, 2011, 08:05:03 PM

Irayo nìtxan, ma Toruk.  Point taken.  I would amend two things: G is allowed in tandem with N as in Ngawng. Hence Wangari. And pxeylan would work if you meant three friends.   ;)

Some more backstory eventually on Na'vin would be cool... could possibly happen in an explanation style flashback

Txura Rolyu

What about the other characters? Do you need more backstory from them?
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Seze Mune

Might get more backtalk from some of them, than backstory...   ;D

Na'vin Nos'feratxu

I will unwind Na'vin's past with every few posts.
Or when I am at a camp fire with someone else who might wish to hear it. ;)

I'll get into specifics quite soon.

NotW#82

Na'vin. Awesome. Looking forward to it.

Sulani. I know you love being ikran. You make her look so graceful in my minds eye.

Txurä. Same for you, you clumsy bumbling little adolescent but growing boy ikran. Your character is growing well.

Not much info on Wagnari as of yet. Age and the like. Children or not. Just that she is from another clan. Why?

Premal. Mighty Premal. I like her. Just how big is she? She tossed Na'vin and that seems to be no small feat. Did she get snippy at her mom and eat her? What of the father? Are they on squawking terms?

Txura Rolyu

For Premal she is only slightly larger than a full grown male ikran and has two tails like the Toruk rather than just the one of an Ikran. We havent yet decided what happened to the mother, but for the Father Toruk he most likely just left after Premal left the nest.

Txura Rolyu

Also please feel free to vote on the poll above for the title of the story.  ;D

I will try to think of a title option.

Toruk does not have two tails. You may in your mind be seeing his talon-ed feet as he flies.

Just occured to me part of the premise of this RP is capturing Premal and I would bet that Sulani will lose her 'itan to the blue peole... so Txura could also be so the rolling theme here is... 'Makto'

There's your title... as I see it. Just thought I would toss that at you

Txura Rolyu

Atan'eko will not have a mount. He will be mated to Premal though and through that connection he can live around Hometree and what now rather than being left alone.

Seze Mune

Quote from: Meuiama Tsamsiyu (Toruk Makto) on October 21, 2011, 11:17:53 PM
I will try to think of a title option.

Toruk does not have two tails. You may in your mind be seeing his talon-ed feet as he flies.

I am sorry to contradict you, but yes, he does have two tails.

"The leonopteryx also has a large brain cavity, flexible, membranous wings stretched taut over a carbon fiber bone structure, powerful talons for grasping prey and perching, twin tails for flight control, flow-through ventilation for high performance, and large hooked claws."

Source:    http://james-camerons-avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Leonopteryx

If you enlarge one of the pictures there, you can clearly see the twin tails and the feet extending underneath them. ;)

Alrighty, I never considered those to be tails as much as the aft set of wings but I see what you are saying now

Seze Mune

Quote from: Meuiama Tsamsiyu (Toruk Makto) on October 27, 2011, 11:50:14 AM
Okay Na'vin Nosferatu (sp)... I found and iced one by your name in Mafia Wars. -=KOMA=- NOSFERATU ☢

Wou, so bloodthirsty ma Toruk! 

Seze Mune

About the title "Steel and Talons", although I like it, I have to note that the Na'vi don't have steel.  I don't think they actually have anything lefngap, do they?

Na'vin Nos'feratxu

The only metallic substance that exists on Pandora is the unubtanium material underground.
In the movie they mentioned the floating mountains were sustained in the air by flux vortex (magnetism) in which magnetism is retained in metals. :)

However, Steel does not exist. EXCEPT my Sabre that I wield is of Earthly substance, but I will elaborate on that later in the RP.
:P 

NotW#82

Seze Mune

Sounds good to me!  Will be an interesting part of the story.

Txura Rolyu