New Worlds: Explorers of Pandora

Started by durza11, May 12, 2010, 02:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

durza11

You were one of 146... but now your team is only thirty... they sent you to the poles of pandora to search for unobtanium deposits... and thats when it all went wrong. The local Na'vi tribe attacked then drove you off into the icy, cold and snowy wilderness. Now it's up to you to lead your team back to the RDA HQ... Remember you are one of the team and there is no leader... so please keep that in mind and Have Fun!!!
...A Hero Need Not Speak For Himself, For When He Is Gone, Mankind Will Speak For Him... 

-Zach

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

winter wind blew into sargent Darik (Jinx) Welford face as he helped lead the 30 or so survivors from the Natives attack
    It should't have gone this way, he thought grimly. All their group wanted to do was locate a unobtanium deposit, no matter how small, and ended up getting hunted down like animals by the Na'vi.
    He scanned the group as they kept walking, all the faces he'd gotten use to masked in shock, anger, sadness, and above all...pain. quite a few of the personel in the group had friends that were killed. He himself was still taking the death of his childhood friend kyle pretty hard...
    "Must of heard about the mining in the forests...", he muttered, shivering from the cold. however the Natives got wind of their operations, it only made things bad for them. now they were going to have to find a way back to HQ before they all die of starvation, with supplies that could only last a week in all. that is if the cold doesnt kill them off first...
    Clutching his handgun until his nuckles went white with stain, he walked to the back of the small group, where sargent cole freeman was shifting along with biterness.
    "Did any of the remaining people get any wounds?" he asked with hesitation. He had only known the man for a few months, but that was enough to instruck him that the grilled 40-something bad-@$$ tended to blow a fuse at the slightest saying. with the deaths of the techs, drivers, scientists, and soldiers, he wouldn't be surprised if the guy didn't go off like a nuke.
    "No, as luck would have it." he sighed and glanced at me werily. "like we hade any luck in the first place..."
    "Sir, with all do respect, i think someone should go back to talk to the natives to explain our situation. tri to get them to see ou-"
    "Have you lost your mind?!", he growled under his breath. "Did the death of your friend not tell you anything?"
    He stiffened, but kept going at a calm tone. "I would kindly go it myself, sir...as you've said, kyle is dead. he was the only family i had left after the bombing in new york. i've got nothing to go back to, nothing else to lose."
    The older man just glared in his direction with distaste, but said softly, "It's your funeral, sargent. I won't stop you. Just...be carful. we've already lost so meny lives. I don't ant to add you to the list as well".
    He nodded in understanding. "I will be back. Count on it." Werily, he turned around and headed back to were the Na'vi had ambushed them, intending for nothing more then to get somesort of payback.
    When Jinx was out of sight in the howling snow, the sarge muttered, "fool". he He turned his attention back to the group in front of him, not even giving a second look back in the direction of were the already dead kid had went, thinking that it was a wast of hands for a 22 year old to go looking for trouble.

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

durza11

Shivering, Sgn. Michael Rubgert watched Darik Welford trudge through the snow.... He's Crazy Michael thought, then realized we were all crazy to come out here, all 146 of us... he had made up his mind, he would follow the young recruit, if he didn't he would die before he was a kilometer away from the rest of the group. He ran and grabbed his gear then followed Darik to wherever he was going...
...A Hero Need Not Speak For Himself, For When He Is Gone, Mankind Will Speak For Him... 

-Zach

I'm nuts. What the hell am I doing out hear?
     Jinx pondered this thought as he pulled his winter coat's neck warmer tightly against his chin. Of course he already knew the answer. He wanted payback for the death of his friend. He respected the Natives from all the stories hes heard of them, but he was beyond sense because of the attack.
     He knew his...dead friend would not want to risk his life for his rage. He would have told him that it wouldn't of brought him back in any case, but he needed revenge, no matter what.
After 10 min. of walking in the frozen tundra, he started to hear crunches behind him. Footsteps.
     He immediately whirled around and brought his pistol to bear, intending a fight. Then he sarcastically sighed and leveled it.
     It was only Mic.
"What the hell are you doing here? Get back to the group before you freeze to death." He'd seen Mic's profile, (he didn't like being called Mic but he did it anyway). The guy was just as unpredictible as the sarge, but was a different type of "unpredictable". Whatever reason he was out here, to find him or to also get revenge, he wasn't about to let the unexperienced sargent get in his way or, worse, get himself killed for his sake.
     He deffinatlly didn't want a dead personal on his list. He wouldn't allow it. He would even knock to guy out before he'd let him follow
     When the curious sargent didn't answer at first, Jinx sighed and placed his gun in it's holder. He might be crazy, but he wasn't a madman. He wouldn't shoot another human being for any reason, even if it was out of annoyence. "I said, get back to the group, sargent. My mission, (although it really wasn't), is practiclly suicidal. You ani't dieing on my watch." He pointed in the direction he'd came. "Go, and don't make me have to force you."

(note: durza has allowed me to control his character, so if we both control him dont get confused.)

"No."
Jink blinked. He haden't expected that answer. Then he growled into the winter air, "I said-"
"I dont give a damn what you say. If whatever your doing is suicidal, then I am not letting you get yourself killed."
"I'm not going to let you get killed eit-"
"Exactly. we can tag team and watch eachothers backs."
He sighed in frustration. "No, you got a life back at HQ...I lost everything here. dont waste your life."
Mic snorted. "Yeah right, you have a life their too. Come on." he walked passed Jinx in the direction he was intending to go.
Jinx sighed. Stubborn idiot. "Im leading", he called out and he ran to catch up.