Ka'apeha clan

Started by NaviFreedomFighter, February 20, 2011, 11:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ean Hufwetulyu

Seeing Neyn`ite was not willing to leave. I motion them to stay back.
I turn back to the woman,"Ok! When and where do you plan on having this conference?"
"At Hell's Gate in three weeks. Will you attend?"
I look into her menari. I could see that she was telling the truth. "I shall see, will have more of evil machines with you there?"
"No, they were here for protection. I promise no gunships at the conference"
"Very well we will talk about this. Now Go!!" I demanded.
The woman obeyed and left back to her Sampson. The craft took off into the sky. I started walking back to Kelutral and looked at everyone's calming faces.
Eywa Ngahu Smukan si Smuke.

Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite

I gasped lightly at the disregarding of my comment to my father. it seemed small, but I felt completely hurt by his actions toward me. I don't know if it was the sawtute; that had to be it, he was acting different because of his fear, or something along those lines. but I still wanted an explanation.

I raised my bow at the woman again, centering it toward her heart, my hands gripping the base of the bow and my other hand resting the end of my arrow between two fingers.

in my emotion, it is shocking to even admit it to myself, but I barely paid attention to the Sky People. of course, had the female walked any closer, raised a weapon- if any of them had done anything besides the female approaching us in a supposedly non-violent way, my arrow would be in her chest within an eighth of a second. but I was watching my father mostly.

when they left, I kept my bow raised, in case they weren't gone; but I stared at my father. "Pelun, ma sempul?" I whispered.
old gallery link?id=2025[/img]

oel ayngati kameie, ma aysmukan sì aysmuke, Eywa ayngahu.
oeyä tsmukan, ma Nick, oeru ngaytxoa livu. nìmwey tsurokx. nga yawne lu oer.

Ean Hufwetulyu

I notice the tears from Neyn`ite, and I felt a cold wave go through my heart bring me to brink of tears. I have never rised my voice to her like that. Walking up to her,  I place my hands on her shoulders and look at her with my menari watering for the fearful thoughts and reactions i showed because of my fears.
"Txoa oe ma `ite."
I put arms and continue to walk back to Kelutral with my head hanging low with disappointment for my actions.

I lowered my bow and saw the forgiving look in my father's eyes. I also saw a tinge of sadness after he apologized to me, right before he walked away. I looked after him; seeing his shoulders slumped, his gait slower than normal.

I turned to Na'vin. "Munge tsko oeti, ma Na'vin; rutxe," I said to him, and handed it over. After giving him a thankful look, I followed my father.

I moved before him so that I was in his path and looked at him. "Kehe, ma sempul; oeru txoa livu," I said, my voice trembling. "Ma sempul..... oel ngati kameie," I said, knowing the look in his eyes even though I'd never seen it from him before. "Nga lu txusopu txo sawtute? Lì'upe kem si aynga lawk ne nga?"

Na'vin Nos'feratxu

I stood still facing the direction of the tawtute who had left, empty sky, no ships....they were really gone.
Still holding Neyn'ite's bow, I walked cautiously to the exact spot where the Tawtute woman was standing earlier, I crouch down.

Gently wiping my hand across the foliage and bringing my hand to my ontu, I take a deep sniff.
A distinctive scent these tawtute have... I turn my head to see Neyn'ite and her ma sempul walking away.

*Na'vin wonders if he should attend Ean, Ka'apeha and Neyn'ite in Kelutral, no one else in the entire Ka'apeha clan has met him before.*
Still holding Neyn'ite's bow, I look at it for a moment to admire its craftsmanship.
I run my other hand across the handle of the bow, and bring my hand to my nose...
My menari dilate upon smelling Neyn'ite's scent....I stand up, and begin a long walk to kelutral...

".....Why me Eywa?"
Na'vin walks into kelutral only to be apprehended by Ka'apeha Clan warriors...All of them holding bows and spears.
Na'vin towered over all of them, his size was met with curious and frightened expressions of the warriors.
Although they had all seen Na'vin with Ean and Neyn'ite, they were still unsure about him.

Holding Neyn'ite's bow, I hold it out in front of me, "Fi'lu ma Neyn'ite tsko."
The aytsamsiyu still stood in the way...

NotW#82

Ean Hufwetulyu

Looking at Neyn`ite,, I take a deep breath and lift my hand up toward the sky remember all the times seeing Neyn`ite playing as child. The loving memories filled my heart and mind with a warm feeling. My menari began to tear up, and the memories started crush the fear of the tawtute.
"Oe sivi ma `ite. Oe...Oe...new nga lu kxuke!"
Feeling a bit better, I look back at Neyn`ite and crack a small smile feeling better knowing our daughter, sisters, and brothers are safe for today
"Za`u!! Run Na`vin ulte zamunge poan ngahu!! Ayoeng zene lawk sawtute Ka`apehahu."

Na'vin Nos'feratxu

*Na'vin is now surrounded by dozens of Ka'apeha samsiyu...Yet Na'vin is unafraid even though he is well outnumbered...*
"Ma smukan, ma smuke...Oe Na'vin lu, eylan fa ma Ka'apeha."

The samsiyu remain aggressive towards me...I gently crouch down and slowly set down Neyn'ite's bow on the ground with my left hand.
One of the samsiyu begin to reach for the bow...I remain crouched (my favorite attacking position)...
I meet the eyes of the tsamsiyu.. "kem si ke za'u tstu si..."

The warrior becomes agitated with me as I deny him Neyn'ites bow...
In his agitation he draws his knife and lunges to stab me...
With a furious thrust of his knife, the tsamsiyu hits nothing but air...( the warrior thought to himself "He vanished?" ) ... the warrior met the eyes of his comrades watching.
All of them were silent, their jaws ajar as they gazed at Na'vin who now stood behind the opposing warrior.
Na'vin says, "nìhawng kì'ong oeya ma tsmukan."

The opposing warrior whirled around with knife still in hand...but yet again....too slow.
Na'vin grabbed the warrior by the wrist, the warriors knife only inches from Na'vins chest.
Releasing the warriors wrist, he then jumps back surprised that he couldn't stab Na'vin...
Na'vin smiles and says, "Palulukan lu ni'ul nìwin nga tup."
The opposing warrior realizes he cannot beat Na'vin alone, so he looks to the other samsiyu for help.

Short Biography of Na'vin:
When Na'vin was left to fend for himself after his family perished in the Hometree attack, Na'vin lived alone in the forest, he fought everyday to survive. Na'vin developed great speed and strength due to constant encounters with predators.
Growing to be the tall and very strong.
Na'vin encountered a Thanator many times, but always managed to escape...
One morning Na'vin had gotten trapped by a Palulukan. After being chased for half the day, Na'vin decided to attack the Palulukan...
Na'vin had tricked the Palulukan into jumping on him, spearing the palulukan and killing it.
After the long battle, Na'vin thanked the fallen Palulukan for teaching him to be faster and stronger.
It would seem Eywa was preparing Na'vin for something..

Na'vins preferred weapon:
Na'vin uses a unique long blade made from the jaw bone of the palulukan he killed.
In a sprawled out crouched position, Na'vin can draw his long blade from its sheath which is tied to his back.
With unmatched speed and a weapon of high caliber, Na'vin is a fearsome foe in melee combat.

NotW#82

I looked at my father. "Oe omum, ma sempul, oe omum. Txo 'olo Omatikaya tsun kem si, ayoe tsun kem si. Nga yawne lu oer, ma sempul. Nga sì sa'nok frakrr, oehu txe'lan wotx." I thought to myself, "Slä ayngahu Omatikaya Toruk Makto," and my hope died as soon as it's fire had lit. I hid this from my father.

Suddenly, I heard a ruckus among the clan outside of our 'family home'. "Oh, kehe, ma oeyä Eywa, Na'vinhu aynga tìwusem! Pxasìk!!" I ran out and, surveying the scene a fraction of a second, came in between Na'vin and the rest of the clan. I stood in front of him and hissed at the rest of the clan; specifically Aylaean. I slid my dagger out from the sheath strapped at my waist, raising the sharp side toward the clan.

"Mawey, ma Na'viyä!! Wiya, nga lu nìwotx ayskxawng, txampxì nga, ma Aylaean! Poan lu kehe kxum! Poan lu fìtseng ne srung si ayoeng ta fayvrrtep! Set ftang ulte mawey nekll!"

I turned to Na'vin. "Za'u oehu. Olo'eyktan newyä meoe ne run ma oeyä sa'nok ulte za'u ne'ìm ne poan. Kem si nga peseng ma oeyä sa'nok lu?" I asked, putting my knife back and, with my hands, asking for my bow.

Ean Hufwetulyu

Quickly following behind Neyn`ite, I enter seeing the Na`vin and Aylaean fighting and other samsiyu watching the match.
"FTANG!!! SET!!! Aylaean kä!" Aylaean looked at me and then back at Na`vin still showing that he was ready to fight with Na`vin til I yelled agian,
"KÄ SET!!!" Looking at the others there I ordered them to leave as well.
Then I look at Na`vin, "Ngalu tam ma tsmukan?

Na'vin Nos'feratxu

Na'vin stands up straight, "Ma Neyn'ite, ma Ean....Oel ngati kameie" Smiling, Na'vin gently hands Neyn'ite her bow...

I look around at all the samsiyu and then back at Ean, "Ayfo hìno nìwotx samsiyu lu."
"Oe frawzo lu oeya ma eylan, Irayo."
Still looking at Ean, I nod. He is stern, strong and caring. I began to admire Ean more and more.

Returning my gaze to Neyn'ite, " Irayo ma Neyn'ite."
I didn't know where Ka'apeha was, so I shook my head to Neyn'ite... "Kehe..."
I was rather surprised that Neyn'ite jumped in between me and Aylaean to stop the fight. What also surpassed my surprise was that Neyn'ite drew hew knife on behalf, of me...She defended me from her own people, Yet she hasn't but known me for a single day.
I admired her courage. I admired her bravery. She was amazing to say the least.

I look away from Ean and Neyn'ite, "Oe kem si ke rangal tok tìngäzìk...."
Deep down I wanted to stay, I wanted to be one of the people.... I wanted to watch over Neyn'ite, as I had promised Eywa.
I didn't want to just watch over Neyn'ite, I wanted to be beside her.
I no longer wanted to watch over Neyn'ite because Eywa asked me to....I wanted to watch over Neyn'ite because I wanted to....

NotW#82

OOC: txon asìltsan, nìltsan hivahaw sì unìl kalin, ma mesmuk!

Ean Hufwetulyu

I watch closely as the samsiyu return to their activities.
I start focusing my attention on Na`vin as he watch my `ite. I recongized that look and said to myself 'I would be honored to call you son, and Eywa has blessed you with a great gift. Maybe he is to be the next Tsahìk.'

((tsahìk are female, olo'eyktan male. ;P so Neyn'ite would become tsahìk and Na'vin olo'eyktan.))

I saw my father look away, and focus on something. I looked where he was looking; at Na'vin. My father mumbled under his breath. I turned to him. "Lì'upe?"

Ean Hufwetulyu

I slowly shake head while cracking a small smile, "Tìkin nga pawm ma `ite."
Facing her with now a big smile.

Na'vin Nos'feratxu

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neyn'ite still standing beside me, she looks at her Father with curious menari.
"Ma Ean, your samsiyu are skilled and strong." I take glance at Aylaean who looks back at me with disdain and anger. I give the *I see you Gesture*

I hesitate for a moment, returning my gaze to Ean, "With your Permission I will stay with Ka'apeha Clan, and I will go with you to the Tawtute..."
I think to myself, "How can I watch over Neyn'ite without her knowing?"
I look at Neyn'ite, "With your permission, I will learn from you how to be apart of Ka'apeha."

NotW#82

Ean Hufwetulyu

"Srane ma tsmukan. Ayoeng tam meuia."
I turn Neyn`ite with as smile of approval, "Kar poan ma `ite."

((we need to think of all the things the Omatikaya do and have the Ka'apeha do whatever it is a different way))

---

I turned my eyes away from Na'vin, shyly, when I figured out what my father meant. "Kem si nga spaw poan lu ngay, ma sempul?"

I walked to a small but sturdy branch that had fallen decades ago and is now a place to sit. I did a graceful leap, more graceful than usual, onto the branch and turned, on my knees on the branch before laying myself down on my stomach, my eyes on my father but watching Na'vin in my peripheral.

Oe kem si ne poan. Tsamsiyu txur, poan lu. Nìtxan fìtxan. Ulte hewnepoan 'änsyem." I continued to watch him out of my peripheral. "Pey, lì'upe lu oe fpusìl? Oe ke tsun fpìl teri tìmuntxa ro krr ne fì'u."

I looked up when I heard Na'vin speak. When my father told me to teach him the clan's ways, I turned to Na'vi. "Nga lu Omatikaya, srane? Kempe lu ngeyä 'olo's ayfya'o? I show you mine, if you show yours?" I laughed, leaping to my feet.

Na'vin Nos'feratxu

"Srane... Everyone is born twice: once at birth and once again when he or she earns a place within the community."
I lower my head and close my eyes.
"I was young when my home was destroyed. I did not have the chance to earn my place with my Clan."

Exhaling slowly, images of that day whirled through my mind. Pain and loss filled me, forced to flee into the Na'ringa I was lost and alone. I had fallen on the opposite side of Kelutral when it fell, separated from my clan.

"Since my home was destroyed, my family gone.... I have lived alone. Before Ka'apeha and Ean found me, I had never encountered anyone."
I look at Neyn'ite, "I can offer your Clan something that has kept me alive all this time."

I put my right hand on my blade handle, returning my gaze to Ean, "I can teach your samsiyu."
Neyn'ite gets my attention with her effortless movements, I cannot help but think about her.
Neyn'ite has Na'vins rapt attention with her movements

I make myself look away from her, turning to Ean, " Having a good heart and being fearless are part of being a warrior. "

NotW#82

Quote from: Na'vin Nosferatu on July 24, 2011, 06:48:07 PM
"Srane... Everyone is born twice: once at birth and once again when he or she earns a place within the community."
I lower my head and close my eyes.
"I was young when my home was destroyed. I did not have the chance to earn my place with my Clan."

Exhaling slowly, images of that day whirled through my mind. Pain and loss filled me, forced to flee into the Na'ringa I was lost and alone. I had fallen on the opposite side of Kelutral when it fell, separated from my clan.

"Since my home was destroyed, my family gone.... I have lived alone. Before Ka'apeha and Ean found me, I had never encountered anyone."
I look at Neyn'ite, "I can offer your Clan something that has kept me alive all this time."

I put my right hand on my blade handle, returning my gaze to Ean, "I can teach your samsiyu."
Neyn'ite gets my attention with her effortless movements, I cannot help but think about her.
Neyn'ite has Na'vins rapt attention with her movements

I make myself look away from her, turning to Ean, " Having a good heart and being fearless are part of being a warrior. "

My heart feels like it's being squeezed as I listen to Na'vin speak about his home being destroyed. As Na'vi, we are able to physically and mentally feel the emotion of another if we lock onto their spirit mentally. This is, in our way of saying, what we mean when we "kameie" another Na'vi.

As he changed the subject, it felt as though my heart had frozen over; as though the pain was still there, but locked inside a layer of ice. I momentarily ignored the rest of his words.

I put my hand on his shoulder, and took three steps to be at his side, my body pointer toward his, so I could see him. "Ma tsmukan... oe lu nìtxan ngaytxoa. Ma oeyä sa'sem omum ma Eytukan sì Moat nìltsan nìtxan. Oe lu ngaytxoa fpängì tìsnaytx ngeyä eyktan, ulte txan aysmuke sì asmukan; slä txampxì, fpängì tìsnaytx ngeyä kelku yawne, ma tsmukan.."

I put my hand on his chest. "Ma nawm tsmukan, oel ngati kameie. Oe kem si," I said, and looked down, my hand falling limply at my side. "Krrpe ngeyä kelku zup... ayoeng 'efu 'it 'ärìp kllte na'rìng nìwotx fìtsenge." I looked back at him. "Oe omum tawtute- Jeykxsulli, lu poan syaw, eyawr?-Toruk Makto slu eyktan, ulte futa 'ite- Neytiri, eyawr?- kop slu eyktan tirea, tsahìk ke nulkrr maw nawma Moat pawm nawma sa'nok ne munge poe, mì poe koak." I took his hand in mine. My father urged us in a stern but well-tempered manner to go on and teach each other our hunting skills; so I let Na'vin through the village and into the forest. I took my hand away from his so I could run into the ferns that were almost as tall as me and twirl, letting the softness of the velvet-to-the-touch plants. I giggled. Na'vin watched me, and I mentioned him to come. "Livu oe pawm; pelun kem si nga hum ngeyä 'olo?"

Na'vin Nos'feratxu

I watch Neyn'ite run into the ferns, engulfing all but her eyes.
I follow her through the flora, her playfulness brings a smile to my face.
"I didn't leave the Omatikaya by choice..."

I began to think back of the countless times I would try and find my people, the Omatikaya... Each time some extraordinary event would take place and I would be pushed even further away into the Forest, until I was completely lost.

"It felt as if I was being kept away from them, each time I tried to find them, something would happen, Almost like It was not meant to be."

I watched Neyn'ite move through the forest, limber and graceful, I watched her avidly... So pure and full of Spirit.
I decide to wait for her to turn away, and then I slip back into the forest, out of sight... I move silently up a nearby tree to keep a view of Neyn'ite...
Neyn'ite turns back around to discover im gone... She moves to where she last saw me and stands there.
I quietly drop behind her, only inches away... I whisper to her, "Even though you cannot see me, I will always be watching over you."

Being so close to her I pick up her scent again, the same smell her bow had... It made me want to be closer to her, but I gently stepped back.
"Ma Neyn'ite, Seeds, trees, animals, insects, water, leaves are all part of the web of life. Everything is alive and conscious and interconnected.... But there is something different about you."

NotW#82