Main Menu

RP?

Started by Tsufätu Ayioangä, April 02, 2010, 12:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsufätu Ayioangä

I started a school on another site and we came up with a plan that worked really well and I think it will work ehre as well.  Each 'teacher' gets assined a noob or two and then (in my site they had a thread but we could do PMs here) and they would do a One on One RP.  The teacher would modify and correct the students post and then explain why they made the changes et cetera.  It worked really well!

Txantslusam Skxawng

Quote from: Tawtute akawng on April 05, 2010, 11:02:02 AM
BUT...... beto exsists and the rest of us are RP noobs
He! Im not a noob, no wait I am! :P

But I would really like an RP-school, or an RP-guide
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Txantslusam Skxawng

Quote from: Aykerusey mì Terìran on April 05, 2010, 11:04:22 AM
I started a school on another site and we came up with a plan that worked really well and I think it will work ehre as well.  Each 'teacher' gets assined a noob or two and then (in my site they had a thread but we could do PMs here) and they would do a One on One RP.  The teacher would modify and correct the students post and then explain why they made the changes et cetera.  It worked really well!
Kinda like how Neytiri teached(sp) Jake....

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Taught, not teached.

Lol, there's nothing to be ashamed of if you are new to RPing.  Everyone was at one point and i personally love noobs...to an extent...

Txantslusam Skxawng

Thanks and I also like some noobs, like a friend of mine that just got MW2 three days and he asks me for help and I help him, also because I like the topic. But I havent been gaming for 3 weeks now

I wouldnt mind teaching Neytiri how to live on Earth! :P

Tsufätu Ayioangä

lol, I'm sorry.  I know what it's like to not be able to do something you love :(

If you would like, I can work with you *away from a school since we haven't gone one up yet and I want to speak with Zalenel before starting a school in case it conflicts with his palns* and help you with your writting.

Txantslusam Skxawng

Sure. And my grammar is pretty good. :P But of some people its kinda hard to read!

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Is English your native language?

Awesome!  Do you wanna do this on a thread or through PM?

Txantslusam Skxawng

What do you prefer? And English is not my native language.

Tsufätu Ayioangä

I can tell, I find that cool :D

Well, If we do it on the boards we can later make it part of the school *If one gets accepted, I'm thinking a sub-board* but it really doesn't matter to me.

Txantslusam Skxawng

PM: Up: Private messages and no one bothers you
Down: You only send one message at a time, so if this goes big a thread would be easier

Thread: Up: Lots of people can learn and ask
Down: Maybe a bit too much on one thread, if alot of people join

And a sub-board is a great idea!

ShadowMainZERO

I will see what I can do once I get on a computer.

Come join the adventure in Strange Lands: A Pandoran RP!

The ultimate power is found in the incorruptible light hidden deep in the darkness. You must delve into the darkest part of your heart and find that light. Once you do, never let go of it. Remember: Your heart is the greatest weapon of all.

ShadowMainZERO

On phone so no edit.

I plan on making one topic that covers most basic things and the starting lessons will be in the first post. They can then PM me or another 'teacher' the first lesson and the 'teacher' would grade their work and tell them what they need to work on next.

The ultimate power is found in the incorruptible light hidden deep in the darkness. You must delve into the darkest part of your heart and find that light. Once you do, never let go of it. Remember: Your heart is the greatest weapon of all.

Coyote

Actually, putting an RP School in "Info/Support" would be ideal, since it falls in that category pretty well.

I'd be glad to help hammer out guidelines, since there's no set standard and a lot of folks are noobs. Having a chool (or even just a FAQ) would be a good way to get folks on one sheet of music.

I've run and participated in RPs on a number of other boards, including a Star Wars RP on a board called "Spacebattles" that has been going on now for 6 years. Most of the RP's I've done have been "Empires, Politics & Diplomacy" type but I've also done a number of "Character" RPs too.

Simply explaining the differences between those two would be a good way to start. Simple basic ground rules like "no killing of, or major personality deviations of, another person's character when writing them" and what that entails... and what exactly it means to "wank out" a character (and why it is best avoided, unless you're in a superhero RP).  ;D
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

ShadowMainZERO

I have RPed on three other sites: A Zelda RP, a Kingdom Hearts RP, and a MegaMan RP. I already have a list of 10 things to cover but that will probably grow.

EDIT: I fixed the KH2A link.

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Quote from: Txantslusam Skxawng on April 05, 2010, 12:26:11 PM
PM: Up: Private messages and no one bothers you
Down: You only send one message at a time, so if this goes big a thread would be easier

Thread: Up: Lots of people can learn and ask
Down: Maybe a bit too much on one thread, if alot of people join

And a sub-board is a great idea!

Actually, on my other sites threads are still one on one.  TOher students could read for info but no one can post int he thread save the designated teacher and student.

Niwantaw

i have two questions
1)where do i sign up
2)when does it start
:D
Only mostly AWOL.

ShadowMainZERO

Quote from: Tawtute akawng on April 05, 2010, 06:05:41 PM
i have two questions
1)where do i sign up
2)when does it start
:D

1) Just PM one of the teachers.
2) Don't know.

El Jacko

Sign up you PM the owner/GM of said RP (e.g. Lehrrap for Storm over Pandora, etc)

As for starting, they're already running.
'Look at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us...on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam' - Carl Sagan

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Ok, If we're all gonna be serious about this I'll PM Seabass.

Tawtute, You can be first on the list and we'll work with you when we're up and running, or you can PM a teacher to start right away.