Astronomy thread/Kìng a teri tanhìyä tìftia

Started by Vawmataw, December 31, 2012, 11:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toliman

QuoteSo seemingly I am the beginner or I'm just not able to go stargazing under dark skies with a telescope.

My start was very similar :)  I started with astronomy 10 years ago.

Vawmataw

There's hope. :) :D

In 1.4 million years, Gliese 710 should be at ONE light-years from the Sun. The comets will be pertubated, but what else?
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Toliman

QuoteIn 1.4 million years, Gliese 710 should be at ONE light-years from the Sun. The comets will be pertubated, but what else?

Yes, gravity of this star will be able affect the comets in the Oorth cloud and same send on a collision course with Earth and other planets.

----------

And there is true challenge for astronomers with bigger telescopes and excellent dark sky:

http://www.astronomy-mall.com/Adventures.In.Deep.Space/aintno.htm

;D ;D ;D

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Toliman on December 03, 2014, 02:56:02 PM

And there is true challenge for astronomers with bigger telescopes and excellent dark sky:

http://www.astronomy-mall.com/Adventures.In.Deep.Space/aintno.htm

;D ;D ;D

Ma Toliman, why do you post such easy observing lists? I've seen all of these with a 3 inch department store refractor (with a cracked plastic objective lens). You need to post something a little more challenging ;) ;) ;)

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Vawmataw

Quote from: Toliman on December 03, 2014, 02:56:02 PM
QuoteIn 1.4 million years, Gliese 710 should be at ONE light-years from the Sun. The comets will be pertubated, but what else?

Yes, gravity of this star will be able affect the comets in the Oorth cloud and same send on a collision course with Earth and other planets.
Only that? Gliese 710 will be inside our solar system.

Toliman

QuoteMa Toliman, proč jste po takové jednoduché pozorování seznamy? Viděl jsem všechny tyto s 3 palce obchodního domu refraktor (s prasklou plastovou objektivem). Musíte přidat něco trochu náročnějšíMrknutí Mrknutí Mrknutí

You realy saw sun glint off of Voyager 1 nn telescope and 100 Messier's object by naked eye? Your eye must have a retina replaced by CCD. ;D
(such super-eye ... I want!)

Toliman

QuoteOnly that? Gliese 710 will be inside our solar system.

Yes, I think that gravity of Gliese 710 only affect comet in Oort cloud. Stability of planetary orbits not be affected, because one light year is relatively big distance and Gliese 710 has "only" 60% of mass Sun. All planet in solar system will stay in sphere of gravitational influence of Sun.
For comparation: Neptune is distanced 30 AU, Kuiper belt approximately 80 AU and one light year is 63000 AU. (1 AU is distance between Sun and Earth). This difference is big.

Toliman

And there is ilustration of our solar system with Oort cloud, which is very vast against internal parts of solar system

Vawmataw

The gravity of the Sun would dominate on Gliese 710's one, right?

Other fact: Gliese 710, even at 1 ly from us, will look like a normal star. (oìsss)

QuoteMa Vamataw, I am really happy to hear you have a 'scope now!
:D

Toliman

QuoteThe gravity of the Sun would take over Gliese 710's one, right?

I think that gravity of the sun does not take over Gliese 710 (from distance 1 light year), but only change her trajectory. For take overing is 1 light year big distance (in this case).

QuoteOther fact: Gliese 710, even at 1 ly from us, will look like a normal star. (oìsss)

Yes, Gliese 710 from arround 1 light year will be visible as star with apparent magnitude arround 0.5 (Procyon in Canis Minor has 0.4 mag.). Gliese 710  will be very bright star.

Vawmataw

QuoteYes, Gliese 710 from arround 1 light year will be visible as star with apparent magnitude arround 0.5 (Procyon in Canis Minor has 0.4 mag.). Gliese 710  will be very bright star.
Which magnitude has the Sun from Pluto?

Toliman

QuoteWhich magnitude has the Sun from Pluto?

arround -19 mag (for compare, full Moon has -12,7 mag and Sun from Earth has over -26 mag)

Vawmataw

Interesting. A very, very small point but brighter than the Moon.

Toliman

QuoteInteresting. A very, very small point but brighter than the Moon.

Yes, from Pluto is not possible see Sun as disc by naked eye (as from Earth), but only as very bright star. In telescope (from Pluto) is Sun size as 1.5 Jupiters from Earth (approximately).

archaic

Quote from: Toliman on December 03, 2014, 06:22:54 PM
Yes, Gliese 710 from arround 1 light year will be visible as star with apparent magnitude arround 0.5 (Procyon in Canis Minor has 0.4 mag.). Gliese 710  will be very bright star.
I'm feeling sleepy just now, about to go to bed, but I made Gliese 710 apparent magnitude approximately 0.15 at one light year distance?

Need a sleepy smilie.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Toliman

QuoteI'm feeling sleepy just now, about to go to bed, but I made Gliese 710 apparent magnitude approximately 0.15 at one light year distance?

Yes, 0.5 mag is badly. I saw on bad value  :( (I posted this after midnight, and I was tired. As you  ;D). But I think that also 0.15 mag is not correct value. I found different values in several sources.

So I tried calculate apparent magnitude of Gliese 710 from Pogson's equation today. The resultant apparent magnitude is 0.84 for distance 1.1 ly (the closest approach).

As 0.15 mag star would be visible from distace 0.8 ly.

I calculated with this values for Gliese 710:
Current distance: 64 ly = 19.6 pc
Absolute magnitude: 8.20
The closest approach: 1.1 ly = 0,337 pc

archaic

Was attempting to apply inverse square law to it, not easy with a dose of sleep deprivation.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Toliman

5 billion years in the future, the Andromeda Galaxy will collide with our Milky Way. The view on night sky will be surely amazing at this time.
Current distance of Andromeda Galaxy is approx. 2.5 million light years and this galaxy is on dark sky easily visibe by naked eye.
The Sun will be at the end of life at this time.

Vawmataw

Quote5 billion years in the future
I thought it was 4 billion years.  :-\ But anyway, we will be dead.

Each picture lasts a few billion years. ;)

Toliman

QuoteI thought it was 4 billion years.
Oe lu skxawng ... yes, correctly is approx. 4 billion years

QuoteUndecided But anyway, we will be dead.
I want live a few billions years later (but not on the Earth in this time  ;D). The view on galaxy over half sky ... fantastic idea.