Astronomy thread/Kìng a teri tanhìyä tìftia

Started by Vawmataw, December 31, 2012, 11:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toliman

Quote from: Vawmataw on November 05, 2017, 06:24:52 PM
Quote from: Toliman on November 05, 2017, 02:16:52 PM
Interesting ;D
But it would not work for me, my bedroom has window toward north. I just can see Polaris from bed through window ;D
That's why there are mirrors. Take out a sheet and a calculator. :P
HRHN ;D

Vawmataw

A bit of stargazing after a couple of cloudy nights. I had access to a mix of summer, autumn and winter constellations. I observed M35, M36, M45, Uranus, Neptune, Bessel's star, the Double Cluster and NGC 1645 as well as studied Bellatrix, Betelgeuse and Polaris.
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

BlueHusky2154

Now is a great time to observe that mix. It's nice to see Orion above the horizon while still seeing Cygnus and Lyra, or even Aquila.
Avatar, Furry, Amateur Astronomy, IT, PC gaming, Minecraft, Fortnite, music.
My life summarized.
:ikran: 8)

Toliman

Quote from: Vawmataw on November 11, 2017, 09:37:23 PM
A bit of stargazing after a couple of cloudy nights.
You are lucky! Cloudy nights still continue here...

Quote from: TEAgaming2154 on November 12, 2017, 02:43:31 AM
Now is a great time to observe that mix. It's nice to see Orion above the horizon while still seeing Cygnus and Lyra, or even Aquila.
Yeah, exactly. Also Cassiopeia with many deepsky is high above horizon at this time. And there are also galaxies M31 and M33 where is possible to observe many details through bigger telescopes. I like this time when all this is above horizon.

BlueHusky2154

It's been cloudy over the past few days but I hope to get back to observing when it clears up.
My life summarized.

Toliman

Quote from: TEAgaming2154 on November 12, 2017, 11:46:12 AM
It's been cloudy over the past few days but I hope to get back to observing when it clears up.
Here is now cloudy too (well, it's typical November weather here, sadly... ). I just hope too that sky will be clear during time of new moon.

Toliman

Toliman

Short, unplaned observation yesterday. After long time of bad weather.

I just stay at home (so some light pollution) so I observed just some bright deepsky - Orion Nebula and few open clusters in Monoceros and Perseus (especially Double Cluster and M50). Sky was unexpectly clear, but sky condition was just average.

BlueHusky2154

I went up into the city to visit family over Thanksgiving, ended up bringing my 4.5" Newtonian. Showed everyone the moon, Pleiades, and a few bright stars. Light pollution was horrible but we did what we could.
My life summarized.

Toliman

Quote from: TEAgaming2154 on November 25, 2017, 01:54:34 AM
I went up into the city to visit family over Thanksgiving, ended up bringing my 4.5" Newtonian. Showed everyone the moon, Pleiades, and a few bright stars. Light pollution was horrible but we did what we could.
Were they interested?

Toliman

Short Solar observation today. Sky was partly cloudy so I tried observe Sun through holes between clouds. Clouds came very quickly so sky was almost totally cloudy however I was able see Sun between clouds.
There was only one little group of sun spots on Sun today (one bigger + few very small sunspots) - well, nothing surprising when now is time of minimum Solar activity. And I must say that I had luck - now sky is totally cloudy again...

BlueHusky2154

Quote from: Toliman on November 25, 2017, 11:02:53 AM
Were they interested?
Yeah, they had never looked through a telescope before and were amazed when I pointed it at the moon.
My life summarized.

Toliman

Quote from: TEAgaming2154 on November 26, 2017, 10:58:54 AM
Quote from: Toliman on November 25, 2017, 11:02:53 AM
Were they interested?
Yeah, they had never looked through a telescope before and were amazed when I pointed it at the moon.
Nice!
I remember that one my friend (he don't stargaze and never looked through a telescope before too) was totally shocked when he saw Orion Nebula through my 12 inch telescope (it was under excelent dark sky) xD

Vawmataw

Quote from: Toliman on November 26, 2017, 11:08:02 AM
Nice!
I remember that one my friend (he don't stargaze and never looked through a telescope before too) was totally shocked when he saw Orion Nebula through my 12 inch telescope (it was under excelent dark sky) xD
I'd probably be amazed too. ;)

I haven't stargazed in a little while so I did it tonight. It's cold outside (-12oC/10oF) and there is a waxing gibbous moon, but that's not a reason for skipping the duty.

First, I've observed the ISS and an iridium flare tonight. Then, I waited until 8:30 PM to continue the job.
I tried to find in vain M71 in Sagitta. At least there is an interesting field of stars. After that I turned my intention to the winter constellations (M35, M42, M45, NGC 1647) and my faithful friends NGC 457 and the Double Cluster. I also looked at 7 Iris, which is now at the magnitude 7.6. I concluded the night with the observation of the Moon.

BlueHusky2154

I just got a new green laser for pointing out stars for people who are not familiar with the night sky. The beam is easily seen under dark skies.
My life summarized.

Toliman

Quote from: Vawmataw on November 27, 2017, 08:35:29 PM
I tried to find in vain M71 in Sagitta. At least there is an interesting field of stars.
Did you tried find thhis glogular cluster earlier yet? On moonless sky (even on urban sky), you could see it already through little telescope, I think

Vawmataw

Quote from: Toliman on November 28, 2017, 01:02:46 AM
Quote from: Vawmataw on November 27, 2017, 08:35:29 PM
I tried to find in vain M71 in Sagitta. At least there is an interesting field of stars.
Did you tried find thhis glogular cluster earlier yet? On moonless sky (even on urban sky), you could see it already through little telescope, I think
I think I saw it once this Summer. The constellation was much higher in the sky.

BlueHusky2154

I tried to find M71 af the last star party, but gave up. M13 is much easier to find.
My life summarized.

Toliman

Quote from: TEAgaming2154 on November 28, 2017, 04:48:13 PM
I tried to find M71 af the last star party, but gave up. M13 is much easier to find.
True (however I never had problems witk finding of M71) but M71 has quite interesting structure (but this you appreciate only through bigger telescope).
But I completelly agree that M13 is one of the best globular cluster to observe on north night sky (my the most favourite globular cluster on north part of sky is M5)

BlueHusky2154

I'm going to another star party for the Geminids in December.
My life summarized.