Astronomy thread/Kìng a teri tanhìyä tìftia

Started by Vawmataw, December 31, 2012, 11:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vawmataw

The collision will be amazing, but after that, it's no longer interesting.
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Toliman

QuoteRhe collision will be amazing, but after that, it's no longer interesting.

I thought the time before the collision, when the Andromeda Galaxy will be really big on night sky. Something like dwarf galaxy LMC (Large Magellanic Cloud) on south sky (well visible only from south hemisphere  :( ), but even bigger. I saw LMC at 2010 from Chile - LMC is really amazing already by naked eye.

archaic

Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Vawmataw

It's done in about 1 billion years? O.o

Seemingly the Triangle Galaxy will almost be intact (it will receive dust from the collision).

Toliman

Yes, this collision will be very long.
Triangulum Galaxy will not be affected, but probbably can take some stars which will ejected from Andromeda and Milky Way galaxies during collision.
Also in our galaxy are known stars, which probbably come from another galaxies.

Vawmataw

QuoteAlso in our galaxy are known stars, which probbably come from another galaxies.
Oeri eltxì tìtxen seiyi.
There must have been galaxy collisions in the past.

Toliman

QuoteThere must have been galaxy collisions in the past.

Yes, galaxy collision took place in the past. This collisions is very common. All big galaxies (as Andromeda galaxy and Milky Way) was probbably developed from collisions with smaller and dwarf galaxies. This is known as "galactical canibalism". Even one very small dwarf galaxy collides with Milky Way in present! But it takes place at the opposite end of our galaxy so we can not see it. This was determined from observation in infrared light) Also both Magellanic Cloud (satellite galaxies of Milky Way) will be "swallowed" by our galaxy before collision with Andromeda Galaxy.

Vawmataw

QuoteEven today one very small dwarf galaxy collides with Milky Way in present!
http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap071104.html
Indeed. :o

Toliman

This galaxy is Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy. On this picture is shows her position against Milky Way and our Solar system.

Toliman

Quotehttp://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap071104.html

This is next dwarf galaxy which was "swallowed" by our galaxy.

I originaly trought Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy. This colission start in present.

Toliman

I returned back home from astronomical observation now. I have endly relatively clear sky (and time) after long time. I can observed deep sky objects during several hours (from twilight to moonrise). I observed especially my favourite nebulaes in Orion (M 42 Orion Nebula, M 43, NGC 1973, NGC 2024 Flaming Tree and M78). The most beautiful was M 42 with Trapezium multiple star. I also observed some open clusters in Perseus and Cassiopeia + NGC 281 Pacman Nebula (amazing!) and I find globular cluster NGC 2419 (Intergalactic Wanderer) in Lynx, which is the furthest object of our galaxy (approx. 300000 ly). It was my first observing of this cluster. And I also observed Jupiter and his moons.

Vawmataw

Toliman

Vawmataw

Toliman

Yes, I unerstood ;)

After several weeks of totally cloudy sky it was really amazing!

And your last observation?

Vawmataw

It was last week. I observed the ISS and the Moon. Maybe the faint M42 too. It's not as interesting as your observations.

Toliman

Oh, I did not saw ISS after long time (last several years back).
Can you see Trapezium multiple star in M 42? This star is relativelly easy to observe already by smaller telescopes (is relatively bright).

Vawmataw

Toliman

You must try.  :D   This star is really interesting. If I started with astronomy (with small telescope), this was my the most favourite multiple star.
Already in smaller telescopes can be visible as 4 stars in little trapezoidal formation.
How big is your telescope?

Vawmataw