Astronomy thread/Kìng a teri tanhìyä tìftia

Started by Vawmataw, December 31, 2012, 11:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueHusky2154

Tonight along with the next two nights will be nice and clear, but below zero on both the F and C temperature scales. Quite chilly.
Another thing, the small astronomy group I helped form recently got some funds raked in, and we used the funds to buy a nice go-to tracking mount foe our 6" Cassegrain telescope. It just came in the mail today.
Avatar, Furry, Amateur Astronomy, IT, PC gaming, Minecraft, Fortnite, music.
My life summarized.
:ikran: 8)

Toliman

I tried observe yesterday tonight again after midnight. Sky conditions were better then during evening (but still not ideal).
I shortly observed Messier's galaxies in Leo, Ursa Major and Canes Venatici, globular clusters M3 and M53, planetary nebula M97 and interesting galaxy M64 in Coma Berenices.

Quote from: TEAgaming2154 on February 20, 2018, 06:41:04 PM
Another thing, the small astronomy group I helped form recently got some funds raked in, and we used the funds to buy a nice go-to tracking mount foe our 6" Cassegrain telescope. It just came in the mail today.
Nice! :) :)

BlueHusky2154

A last, we have a nice computerized tracking telescope. Now hopefully my DSLR will focus in the scope with my 1.25" lens adapter.
My life summarized.

Toliman

Tonight sky was clear so I again observed. But air was very frosty so I observed only short time.
I saw little but bright galaxy NGC3115 in Sextans, planetary nebula NGC3242 in Hydra, globular cluster NGC2419 (Intergalactic wanderer) and open clusters M67 and M48.

Quote from: TEAgaming2154 on February 22, 2018, 02:00:59 AM
A last, we have a nice computerized tracking telescope. Now hopefully my DSLR will focus in the scope with my 1.25" lens adapter.
Nice! :) I hope that you will exploit it completely.

BlueHusky2154

I would like to go out and observe, but it's just too cold.
My life summarized.

Toliman

Yeah, frost ... I would observe longer time yesterday, but air was really frosty.

And what is the lowest acceptable temperature for you?

Vawmataw

I've already stargazed in the -20s, but this year I'm a bit "meh".
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Toliman

Quote from: Vawmataw on February 22, 2018, 05:06:41 PM
why "meh"?

My record is -25°C.

Vawmataw

Quote from: Toliman on February 22, 2018, 05:08:59 PM
why "meh"?
I don't want to be cold or to feel chilly. I don't know what's my problem lol

Toliman

Quote from: Vawmataw on February 22, 2018, 05:10:31 PM
Quote from: Toliman on February 22, 2018, 05:08:59 PM
why "meh"?
I don't want to be cold or to feel chilly. I don't know what's my problem lol
Cold ... yeah, I had it similar when I started with astronomy (many years back...)
Now I am quite hardy.

BlueHusky2154

My life summarized.

Vawmataw

Tonight I've stargazed a bit. I pointed my telescope towards M35, M41, M42, M45, NGC 457, NGC 2169, the double cluster and the Moon. The Moon looked so perfect.

Toliman

Tonight I observed Moon short time too. It wan not bad.

Yeah, time around first or last quarter is right time for observaion of Moon surface features.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

My record cold is sbout +10F/-12 C. At that point, the display on my older go-to 'scope became unreadable. Newer 'scopes have heaters in the hand paddle to prevent that from happening. In those days, that was the only 'scope I owned.

Today, I would go out in even colder weather with either of the Dobs, provided there was something interesting to look at.

Waiting to hear if they want me to do public astronomy tonight, as the temperature is predicted to be well below what they normally consider to be the lower limit.

I need to get out and see NGC 2419 while it is still high in the sky.

I'll take pictures while I repair my 16 inch 'scope. It might help folks here understand how they can optimize the optical alignment of their Newtonian telescopes.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Toliman

I just again observed Moon surface. It was quite nice again. I observed M42+43 too but it was not such nice as on moonless sky.

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on February 23, 2018, 03:35:49 PM
I need to get out and see NGC 2419 while it is still high in the sky.
Yeah, this is interesting globular cluster - one of only three winter globular cllusters (M79, NGC2419 and Palomar 2)

Did you try observe Palomar 2?
It's very faint (my 12inch is minimal size needed for it) I see it very faintly (it's really hard to observe) only under excellent dark sky and when sky conditions are really excelent).

Vawmataw

I think I saw Alpha Cygni tonight. It's like finding your child in the corridor when he's supposed to be in bed. lol

Toliman

HRHN

I can see Alpha Cygni always, itš circumpolar for me.

Vawmataw

Quote from: Toliman on February 25, 2018, 04:44:19 AM
HRHN

My Stellarium says it's circumpolar too (I learned something new), but it lies 2 degrees above the horizon.

Toliman

Quote from: Vawmataw on February 25, 2018, 05:59:56 PM
Quote from: Toliman on February 25, 2018, 04:44:19 AM
HRHN

My Stellarium says it's circumpolar too (I learned something new), but it lies 2 degrees above the horizon.
Here lies five degrees above horizon - with regard to his brightness it¨s sufficient heigh to see it.

BlueHusky2154

Deneb never sets for me, but during this time of the year, it is very low on the horizon.
My life summarized.