Astronomy thread/Kìng a teri tanhìyä tìftia

Started by Vawmataw, December 31, 2012, 11:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toliman

Sky is surprisingly clear tonight after sunset, but strong moonlight...

However I tried obsere something - just short observation of few bright deep sky (M44, M67, M81+82, M94, M3, M13, M92) + few double stras. Double stars were quite nice, I observed Castor, Algieba, Gamma Virginis, Izar, Car Caroli, Mizar, Polaris, Psi Draconis and Nu Draconis.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Toliman on March 29, 2018, 05:50:29 PM
Sky is surprisingly clear tonight after sunset, but strong moonlight...

However I tried obsere something - just short observation of few bright deep sky (M44, M67, M81+82, M94, M3, M13, M92) + few double stras. Double stars were quite nice, I observed Castor, Algieba, Gamma Virginis, Izar, Car Caroli, Mizar, Polaris, Psi Draconis and Nu Draconis.

Of those double stars, are any of these favorites?

Have you ever seen Sirius B?

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Toliman

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on March 30, 2018, 03:32:33 PM
Of those double stars, are any of these favorites?
Yeah, Izar and Castor.

Izar for nice colour contrast of large orange star and smaller white-blue star (powered by very little distance between both stars)
Castor for his third star (Castor is tripple star) - this little reddish star is variable (8.6 - 9.1 mag)

My next favourite double stars are Albireo and Gamma Andromedae
Have you any favourite double stars too?

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on March 30, 2018, 03:32:33 PM
Have you ever seen Sirius B?
Not yet (I tried, but not successfuly), but I will try again in next years - elongation of Sirius B now increase so there is bigger hope now.
And you?

Toliman

I had nice weather for astronomy at Friday and Saturday night. I was on one abandoned place, far away from my city. Sky was very dark before Moonrise. Zodiacal light was very bright after sunset.

I observed some star clusters in Perseus, Auriga and Gemini + planetary nebula NGC 2392 in Gemini, many galaxies in spring constellations, planetary nebulae M57 and M97, and almost all globuar clusters which was above horizon during my observation.

The most beautiful and interesting things which I observed:

Planetary nebula NGC2392 - nice structure, bright central part and interesing surroudings
Open cluster M37 - nice, comments not needed
Galaxy M101 - bright core and nice viseble spiral arms. There were visible some small bright areas in spiral arms of M101.
Galaxies M51+NGC5195 -  fantastic spiral arms of M51 + nice visible spiral arms which conest both these galaxies.
Galaxy M82 - nice dust lines, this is spectacular galaxy when sky is true dark
Planetary nebula M97 - through UHC very nice
Galaxy M64 - good visible bigger dark spot near his core
Galaxy M104 - nice structure, bright core and nice visible his characteristic dust line
Globular cluster M5 - one of my the most favourite globular clusters, it have nice structure

On end of my observations I observed Jupiter too. There was nice visible cloudy belts (vith nice structures) and also GRS.

Toliman

Sky was almost clear during both weekend nights after midnight so I stargazed (two hours before morning twilight).

I observed Jupiter and deepsky in Lyra, Aquila, Ophiuchus, Scorpius and sagittarius.
I saw many globular clusters (M10, M12, M9, M19, M62, M4, M80, M22, M28, Palomar11), open clusters (M11, M26, M21, M18, M25, M23) and nebulae (M8, M17, M16, M20).
Sky conditions were very good so even object with very south declination were good visible. Especially nebulae were nice through filters (UHC, O-III).

BlueHusky2154

I stayed up late last night to spot Jupiter, Saturn, and Mars.
Avatar, Furry, Amateur Astronomy, IT, PC gaming, Minecraft, Fortnite, music.
My life summarized.
:ikran: 8)

Toliman

Was you able to see any surface features on Mars?

BlueHusky2154

I wasn't, because Mars is still far away and it was low on the horizon. It was already 3:30 AM and I needed sleep.
Avatar, Furry, Amateur Astronomy, IT, PC gaming, Minecraft, Fortnite, music.
My life summarized.
:ikran: 8)

Toliman

Quote from: TEAgaming2154 on April 15, 2018, 10:27:56 PM
I wasn't, because Mars is still far away and it was low on the horizon.
Now is already possible to see severel surface features but yeah, Mars is (and will be) very low above horizon during this year :(

Toliman

Clear sky and good sky conditions last night. I stargazed whole night.

I saw zodiacal light after sunset. I observed open clusters in Auria and Gemini, many galaxies and globular clusters in spring constellations and clusters and nebulae in summer milky way. And Jupiter, Saturn and Mars + I saw several meteors too (the brightest has approx. 1.5 mag).

I saw many details in spiral arms of M101 galaxy and spiral structure of galaxy M51 was spectacular too. Dust line of M104 Sombrero galaxy was gorgeous.
Nebulae at Cygnus was beautiful: Veil Nebula was spectacular through O-III and NGC7000 was nice too through UHC. Through UHC I saw also nebulae oround Gamma Cygni. Nice was Scutum star cloud and M11 cluster too - I saw here several dark nebulae near M11.

Toliman

I observed Jupiter and Moon surface tonight. Jupiter was quite nice.

Today afternoon, I observed Sun (through holes between clouds) and there was one sunspot – first after longer time. However solar granulation was not such nice visible today  as usually.

Toliman

Nice weather for astronomy again here. I observed night sky hour before moonrise.

I observed any galaxies, many globular clusters and Jupiter. The most beautiful globulars were M5, M13 and M4 (despite very low declination of M4).
Jupiter was nice too - many wonderful details of Jupiter's cloudy belts.

Vawmataw

Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Toliman

Quote from: Vawmataw on May 07, 2018, 03:45:41 PM
Any suggestions for tonight?
On urban sky: Jupiter and bright globular clusters (M13, M92, M5, M3) + you can try (very) bright core of galaxy M94 (if you didn't try yet, I remember that we spoke about is recently).

Vawmataw

So for tonight Jupiter, Venus, M3, M35, M36, NGC457 (I saw a plane passing through it) as well as a twinkling rotating satellite.

Toliman

I observed Jupiter, Saturn and Mars tonight. Sky conditions were very good for planet observation so I observed almost exclusively them.
Especially Mars was (surprisingly, his declination is now very low...) very nice.

Vawmataw

It was an eye and body gymnastic, but it seems like I spotted the core of M94... The average Joe wouldn't find it.

Now let's put sports aside... I saw M3, M13, M44 and M92. I also took a look at the Double Cluster and Jupiter. It's my third night of stargazing in a row. It's going to rain tomorrow and then we will have another streak of three sunny days.

I'm wondering if M81 is bright enough.

Toliman

Quote from: Vawmataw on May 09, 2018, 09:10:35 PM
I'm wondering if M81 is bright enough.
M81 should be visible even on your urban sky, I think (on my urban sky, I am able to see M81 even through little binocular 10x50).

Vawmataw

For the fourth time of the week (!) I took out my telescope and went to bed too late;D

Galaxies: M81, M82, M94. I tried unsuccessfully to observe M49.
M81 appeared easily while M82 was a very faint spot that was more visible when you moved the tube.
Open clusters: M44, IC 4665, Melotte 111
Globular clusters: M3, M5, M10, M13, M94

Next targets: M49(?) and M51

Toliman

Quote from: Vawmataw on May 12, 2018, 06:26:51 AM
For the fourth time of the week (!) I took out my telescope and went to bed too late;D
;D ;D

Globular clusters: M3, M5, M10, M13, M94
M94 ... you mean M92?, I guess

Next targets: M49(?) and M51
I think that you would able to see both. Faintly, but visible on urban sky through little telescope.

I observed too after midnight. I saw Jupiter, Saturn, Mars and many deepsky in Lyra, Cygnus and Aquilla.