Astronomy thread/Kìng a teri tanhìyä tìftia

Started by Vawmataw, December 31, 2012, 11:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toliman

I was able to see M56 quite good even on my urban sky through my first telescope (8 cm refractor)
(but yeah, my urban sky is evidently better then your)

Eìrä

Quote from: Toliman on March 17, 2019, 01:45:47 PM
I was able to see M56 quite good even on my urban sky through my first telescope (8 cm refractor)
(but yeah, my urban sky is evidently better then your)
Whou! Amazing! :D
Yesterday i tryed to look through my telescope, but i couldn't! I was very tired and sleepy!
Oe tsun pivlltxe nìNa'vi nìteng ma eylan! Oel ayngati kameie nìwotx! 'Rrta lu oeyä kelku!

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!
LN Community - Second Family and Home!

Feel Free To Correct My Na'vi Writing If I Did Mistakes!
 Oe lu numeyu numtsengä alu LearnNa'vi! Irayo nìtxan ta ma oeyä Ayeylan ulte ta ma Tìtstewan!
Nìolo' Pxoeng Seykxel Ma Eylan!

KEMÌRI A NGARU PRRTE' KE LU, TSAKEM RÄ'Ä SIVI AYLAHERU!

Ta:Eìrä :-*

Vawmataw

A new Einstein cross is discovered
This study, which has combined images from the Hubble Space Telescope with spectroscopic observations from the GTC, has confirmed the existence of a new example of a gravitational lens, a phenomenon predicted by Albert Einstein's theory of General Relativity. In this case, the observed effect is due to the alteration caused by a galaxy that acts like a magnifying glass amplifying and distorting, in four separate images in the form of a cross, the light of another galaxy located 20,000 million light years away.

https://phys.org/news/2019-03-einstein.html
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Eìrä

The New Einstein Cross Discovered
Link of the picture: https://file:///storage/emulated/0/Download/gtcdiscovers.jpg - the name of the object is: J2211-0350!
Oe tsun pivlltxe nìNa'vi nìteng ma eylan! Oel ayngati kameie nìwotx! 'Rrta lu oeyä kelku!

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!

Oe lu numeyu numtsengä alu LearnNa'vi! Irayo nìtxan ta ma oeyä Ayeylan ulte ta ma Tìtstewan!

Toliman

I had clear sky tonight again.
I observed doublestars in spring and rising summer constellations (Albireo and Izar were nice), few brighter globular clusters and Jupiter.
Jupiter was quite interesting tonight.

Vawmataw

Eìrä

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!

Toliman

Hrh yeah, it's true.

Toliman

i had again reasonable sky conditions so I could observe night sky after midnight.

I observed many galaxies and globular clusters in spring constellations + also some deepsky in rising summer constellations.
And also Jupiter with his moons.

The most interesting things which I saw:
spiral arms at galaxies M51 and M101
dark area at galaxy M64 + dust lines of galaxies M104, M82 and NGC4565
planetary nebulae M27 and M57 (M57 under very strong magnification, both through UHC and O-III filters)
globular clusters M5 and M71

Vawmataw

I miss stargazing :(
(There's still plenty of snow on the ground)

I want to observe more galaxies this spring.
I've observed so far M31, 32, 49, 64, 81, 82, 94, 104, but I want to expand this list.

Eìrä

Quote from: Vawmataw on March 31, 2019, 09:37:10 AM
I miss stargazing :(
(There's still plenty of snow on the ground)

I want to observe more galaxies this spring.
I've observed so far M31, 32, 49, 64, 81, 82, 94, 105, but I want to expand this list.
Txopu rä'ä sivi! :D
I love space and i love to observe stars and maybe i will buy a new telescope to observe and galaxyes!
You will see more galaxyes and i hope your weather will become more beautiful, this spring! :D

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!

Vawmataw

Quote from: Toliman on March 13, 2016, 03:22:02 PM
hmm ... outside the winter constellations in this time ... many galaxies in spring constellations (Leo, Canes Venatici, Ursa Major).
Several brightest pieces can be good visible on urban sky through little telescope: M65+M66 in Leo, M81+M82 in Ursa Major (you already saw, I think) or M51 and M94 in Canes Venatici (M94 is relatively small, but very bright). In canes Venatici is also bright globular cluster M3.
I'm starting to reconsider M65 and M66, but both seem faint on Stellarium comparatively to M49.

Toliman

Quote from: Vawmataw on March 31, 2019, 03:26:14 PM
Quote from: Toliman on March 13, 2016, 03:22:02 PM
hmm ... outside the winter constellations in this time ... many galaxies in spring constellations (Leo, Canes Venatici, Ursa Major).
Several brightest pieces can be good visible on urban sky through little telescope: M65+M66 in Leo, M81+M82 in Ursa Major (you already saw, I think) or M51 and M94 in Canes Venatici (M94 is relatively small, but very bright). In canes Venatici is also bright globular cluster M3.
I'm starting to reconsider M65 and M66, but both seem faint on Stellarium comparatively to M49.
M65 and M66 are really fainter than M49 however their cores are relatively bright.
I would say that during excellent sky (excellent transparency) conditions you could see them (faintly, but still visible).

Vawmataw

Is there anything that is about as bright as M49?

Toliman

Quote from: Vawmataw on March 31, 2019, 05:14:26 PM
Is there anything that is about as bright as M49?
I guess that you meant galaxies as bright as M49 which you didn't see yet.

In this case I know only about very bright NGC253 in Sculptor but there is problem with low declination.
+ there are many other relative bright galaxies however these are about 0.5 mag less bright than M49.

Vawmataw

What if its brightness is between M104 and M94?

Toliman

Quote from: Vawmataw on March 31, 2019, 06:02:20 PM
What if its brightness is between M104 and M94?
Hmm, maybe bright core of M51 (although remaining parts of M51are more faint)

You already tried M33 but without success, isn't it?

Vawmataw

Toliman

M33 is interesting galaxy however has low surface brightness.

Eìrä

Quote from: Toliman on April 02, 2019, 12:02:01 AM
M33 is interesting galaxy however has low surface brightness.
Tewti! Awesome!

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!