Astronomy thread/Kìng a teri tanhìyä tìftia

Started by Vawmataw, December 31, 2012, 11:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vawmataw

And as predicted the forecast changed :(
There's only 30 years to wait (the next one will not be visible from here). ;D
I'll see tomorrow if there's a last minute change.
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Toliman

:(
Let's hope that forecast will change again and you will have good weather and right time :)
Here forecast for tomorrow looks still same...

Toliman

Quote from: Toliman on November 10, 2019, 11:09:28 AM
Quote from: Vawmataw on November 10, 2019, 11:01:00 AM
It was not supposed to be a very sunny day so we'll see...
There is a little hope for partly clear sky after noon, but it's really only little hope so I will see too...
So nothing, sky was cloudy whole day :(
But never mind, I enjoyed last Mercury transit (2016) more than enough.

Vawmataw

The sky partially cleared out at 8:30, so I would have needed to miss some work to be able to view it. :(
30 years to go ;D

Toliman

Vawmataw

So I did some naked-eye observation today hrh

I observed the Moon-Saturn conjunction, two satellite flares and the ISS. Maybe even Venus.

Toliman

Great, at least someting... I still have to wait, that clouds, this November was not good for astronomy at all here.

Vawmataw

I found a reason to go outside tonight: Vesta

Toliman

Yeah, good target. Good luck, are your sky conditions good tonight?

Vawmataw

Toliman

Vawmataw

Summary of a mini stargazing session

I observed M15, M36, M45, the Double Cluster and Stock 2

Toliman

Good :)

Finally, also I could observe after that all cloudy nights. Around 3:00am clouds started disapear and before 4:00am sky was clear. And sky is now still clear... forecast again failed, totally cloudy sky was predicted for whole Sarurday, hrh. So I could enjoy clear sky last two hour of night with 18 inch telescope.

I observed some deepsky in winter constellations and any galaxies in rising spring constellations. The most interesting observed objects:

NGC2392 Eskimo Nebula - nice planetary nebula in Gemini. Very beautifull and interesting structure was visible. bright central part surrounded by dark ring + this all is surrounded by outher brighter ring. Whole nebula have quite distinct bluish colour. Also his central star (10.5 mag) was easily visible. Central part of this nebula with central star was very interesting with stronger magnification, it was just amazing.

M46 - nice and big open cluster, amazing amount of small stars + there is also visible fainter planetary nebula NGC2438 directly in area of this cluster. This nebula reminded me structure of famous M57 (strong magnification was needed).

NGC2403 - bright spiral galaxy in Camelopardalis. Nice galaxy with brighter core and relatively good detectable spiral arms.

M81+M82 - two known galaxies, very nice through my 18 inch telescope, especially M82. I was able to see spiral arms of M81, but M82 was the biggest surprise of this observation, totally amazing dust lines and dark structures was visible here, I am not able to describe it...

NGC188 - open cluster close to Polaris star, quite interesting group of bigger amount of fainter star, I was able to see this cluster well already through my 12 inch telescope but now it was something totally different.

Vawmataw

Tse, I took an hour tonight to stargaze. The sky was clear and the transparency was good enough.

I observed Vesta as I wished. It's my only planetary for tonight.

I observed several more objects such as M15, M31, M32, M35, M36, M42, M45, M103, NGC 457, NGC 662, NGC 869, NGC 884, NGC 1647, NGC 1980, NGC 1981, NGC 2169, Stock 2, Collinder 69, the Sigma Orionis Cluster and the Hyades.

I also observed 61 Cygni because why not. :)

Toliman

I could stargaze too tonight :) I stargazed after 2:00am to morning and sky conditions were quite good but air was quite frosty, - 6°C ;D

I observed open clusters in Auriga, Gemini and Monoceros and again also some galaxies in rising spring constellations.
I also successfully observed comet C/2017 T2 PANSTARRS, it was not extra bright but good visible through my telescope.

Vawmataw

Toliman

Vawmataw

Srane, there isn't much of it so I can still go to my stargazing spot

Toliman

Good that you still stargaze from your place :)

Air is already frosty here but still no snow.

Vawmataw