Astronomy thread/Kìng a teri tanhìyä tìftia

Started by Vawmataw, December 31, 2012, 11:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toliman

Toliman

Another observation tonight, but seems that weather will be bad for few last days.
I observed Messier's galaxies in Leo, Ursa Major and Canes Venatici + few spring globular clusters. It was quite nice, especially M5 and M53 were gorgeous.

Vawmataw

Yay I observed ;D Hopefully not for the last time in a while...

I saw many objects so I'm good for a while:

M34, M35, M36, M37, M41, M42, M45, M93
NGC 457, NGC 663, NGC 869/884, NGC 1662, NGC 2169, NGC 1980, NGC 1981, NGC 2264
Stock 2

I saw a couple of satellites that followed the same path a few seconds apart and had the same brightness. Starlink?
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Toliman

Txantsan :) That is a lot of deepsky. Sky conditions were good?

Quote from: Vawmataw on March 21, 2020, 11:04:46 PM
I saw a couple of satellites that followed the same path a few seconds apart and had the same brightness. Starlink?
Yeah, I would say that yes :)

Seems that after cloudy and rainy weekend I could have clear nights again :)

Vawmataw

Quote from: Toliman on March 22, 2020, 05:58:10 AM
Txantsan :) That is a lot of deepsky. Sky conditions were good?
I would say they were quite good.

It's fun to see a lot of little stars.

Toliman

Quote from: Vawmataw on March 22, 2020, 09:26:54 AM
You mean through your telescope, isn't it?

Yeah, definitelly - it's fun when I use my widescreen eyepiece and then I target my telescope on bright star clouds of milky way in Cygnus or Scutum... really A LOT of tiny stars ;D

Vawmataw

Quote from: Toliman on March 22, 2020, 09:31:30 AM
Quote from: Vawmataw on March 22, 2020, 09:26:54 AM
You mean through your telescope, isn't it?
Yes

Yeah, definitelly - it's fun when I use my widescreen eyepiece and then I target my telescope on bright star clouds of milky way in Cygnus or Scutum... really A LOT of tiny stars ;D
Yeah, it's so amazing. A reason why I still stargaze to this day. hrh

Toliman

Quote from: Vawmataw on March 22, 2020, 09:38:18 AM
Yeah, it's so amazing. A reason why I still stargaze to this day. hrh
Yeah ;D :)
Then I wish you that you would see these regions of milky way through binocular or telescope on really dark sky... it's gorgeous.

Toliman

Quote from: Toliman on March 22, 2020, 05:58:10 AM
Seems that after cloudy and rainy weekend I could have clear nights again :)
And tonight I have it :)

Sky was clear completelly after midnight and transparency was excellent, just air was frosty (-10°C), quite change after previous warm nights...
I observed mostly galaxies in Virgo and Coma Berenices + some globular vluster too. I saw all Messier's galaxies in this area + approx. 40 another NGC galaxies here. Very nice was M104 Sombrero Galaxy, her known dust line was spectacular. Also dark area in galaxy M64 was very interesting. From globular clusters I saw all Messiers + some NGCs too. And before morning dawn I observed also few open clusters in rising summer constellations and then also Jupiter, Saturn and Mars. And shortly before I finished my observation, I saw one bright meteor, it was surelly brighter than -5 mag , because it was brighter than Venus.

Toliman

And tonight I could stargaze again, now it's great time for astronomy here!

I continued with observation of faint galaxies in Virgo cluster, then I observed some globular clusters and before morning I again observed Jupiter, Saturn and Mars.

Toliman

ALMA Resolves Gas Impacted by Young Jets from Supermassive Black Hole
https://www.almaobservatory.org/en/press-release/alma-resolves-gas-impacted-by-young-jets-from-supermassive-black-hole/

Astronomers obtained the first resolved image of disturbed gaseous clouds in a galaxy 11 billion light-years away by using the Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array (ALMA). The team found that the disruption is caused by young powerful jets ejected from a supermassive black hole residing at the center of the host galaxy. This result will cast light on the mystery of the evolutionary process of galaxies in the early Universe.

It is commonly known that black holes exert strong gravitational attraction on surrounding matter. However, it is less well known that some black holes have fast-moving streams of ionized matter, called jets. In some nearby galaxies, evolved jets blow off galactic gaseous clouds, resulting in suppressed star formation. Therefore, to understand the evolution of galaxies, it is crucial to observe the interaction between black hole jets and gaseous clouds throughout cosmic history. However, it had been difficult to obtain clear evidence of such interaction, especially in the early Universe.

In order to obtain such clear evidence, the team used ALMA to observe an interesting object known as MG J0414+0534. A distinctive feature of MG J0414+0534 is that the paths of light traveling from it to Earth are significantly distorted by the gravity of another 'lensing' galaxy between MG J0414+0534 and us, causing significant magnification.   

"This distortion works as a 'natural telescope' to enable a detailed view of distant objects," says Takeo Minezaki, an associate professor at the University of Tokyo.

Another feature is that MG J0414+0534 has a supermassive black hole with bipolar jets at the center of the host galaxy. The team was able to reconstruct the 'true' image of gaseous clouds as well as the jets in MG J0414+0534 by carefully accounting for the gravitational effects exerted by the intervening lensing galaxy.

Vawmataw

It's fun because I can see both the Moon and Venus side by side

Toliman

Yeah, it's true ;D :)
At Friday and also yesterday I briefly observed Venus and crescent of the Moon. But nothing more because transparency was bad for both weekend nights.

Vawmataw

Yeah, I noticed last night that the clouds rolled in later.

Toliman

Was you able to observe also something else at this weekend?

Vawmataw

Quote from: Toliman on March 29, 2020, 08:57:46 AM
Was you able to observe also something else at this weekend?
No, I stayed inside

Toliman

This evening I was able observe Venus and Moon crescent again (+ few winter doublestars).
Seems that after midnight sky conditions could be great for right deepsky hunting :D

Toliman

Quote from: Toliman on March 31, 2020, 04:16:39 PM
This evening I was able observe Venus and Moon crescent again (+ few winter doublestars).
Seems that after midnight sky conditions could be great for right deepsky hunting :D
And I could, it was great observation :) Sky conditions were excellent although air was very frosty: -15°C (quite shock after previous warm days).
I observed mostly globular clusters (almost all summer and springs Messierš globular clusters + many NGCs) and also open clusters in rising summer constellations (the most nice was M11) + nebulae in Sagittarius (they were great through UHC and O-III filters). And before morning I observed also Jupiter, Saturn and Mars.

Toliman

Toliman

I could stargaze tonight again :) Sky conditions were again very good.
After moonset I continued with summer globular clusters and deepsky in constellations in rising summer milky way. I also observed again Jupiter, Saturn and Mars and before morning I saw two approx. 0 mag meteors.