Astronomy thread/Kìng a teri tanhìyä tìftia

Started by Vawmataw, December 31, 2012, 11:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vawmataw

Nice that you can see the planets and the summer night sky.

I'll try to observe Venus with my telescope if I can.
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Toliman

I hope that you will can. Tonight sky is cloudy here but tomorrow should be clear again.

Also, this year will be great time for Mars observation :)

Vawmataw

yeah the sky was clear at sunset, but now it's mostly cloudy  ::)

Toliman

I hope that you will have clear nights soon.
Almost whole March weather was great for astronomy here :)

Vawmataw

The sky is slightly better tonight, but still not clear. Oìsss @ weather forecast

So I enjoyed what the sky gave me to observe the encounter. They are still close enough for the field of view of my telescope and I could see the current phase of Venus. I also saw the ISS and the Moon.

Toliman

Good that you could see at least something :) Hope that you will have clear sky soon.

Quote from: Toliman on April 03, 2020, 06:40:02 PM
I hope that you will can. Tonight sky is cloudy here but tomorrow should be clear again.
And sky really was clear tonight again :)
I continued with summer globular clusters and double stars + I observed planets before morning again.

I just checked foreast for next week: six days of totally clear sky and one day with partly cloudy sky! It's just a pity that moonlight is already too strong.

Toliman

Tonight I could to stargaze again :) Sky conditions and seeing were excellent, only moonlight was too strong.
I observed again some globular clusters and continued with close double stars (thanks excellent seeing they were nice) and then I again observed Jupiter, Saturn and Mars on morning sky.

Toliman

And tonight again ;D Transparency was not extra good but seeing was excellent, so despite strong moonlight I enjoyed it completelly and I observed very close double stars (which separation is already on limit of my telescope when seeing conditions are just average) and before morning I observed Jupiter, Saturn and Mars again.

Toliman

Sky is still clear here, this weather start destroy me...  ;D
...tonight I stargazed again and despite strong moonlight I saw few another intereting double stars, few brighter summer globular clusters and again Jupiter, Saturn and Mars. Seeing was a bit worse than yesterday but still was very good and transparency was very good too so globular clusters were nice despite that strong moonlight

Vawmataw

It's already been one year since the first picture of a black hole was released.

Toliman

Quote from: Vawmataw on April 10, 2020, 10:08:19 AM
It's already been one year since the first picture of a black hole was released.
Nìngay... time goes too quickly...

Toliman

Just successfully observed Venus on dayly sky :)

Quote from: Vawmataw on April 10, 2020, 10:08:19 AM
ALMA celebrations for the 1st anniversary of the black hole image by the EHT
https://www.almaobservatory.org/en/announcement/alma-celebrations-for-the-1st-anniversary-of-the-black-hole-image-by-the-eht/

Toliman

Quote from: Toliman on April 11, 2020, 10:34:16 AM
Just successfully observed Venus on dayly sky :)
I repeated this observation today again, sky was again super clear.

And tonight I observed Moon surface and again Jupiter, Saturn and Mars on morning sky, thatks excellent seeing it was great despite low high of planets above horizon :)

Vawmataw

So I stargazed a little bit tonight :) 3 winter + 5 spring objects

Melotte 111
M3, M35, M44, M45, M53, M81, M82
I also saw some satellites and the crescent of Venus.

With better transparency I would have tried M64.

Toliman

Nice that you could stargaze after longer time, tonight I could not stargaze after many clear nights because sky was cloudy and there was first rain after three weeks tonight ;D

Did you already tried M64 earlier?

Vawmataw

Toliman

And what all you was be able to see during your the best observation of M64, only core or also something else?

Vawmataw

Quote from: Toliman on April 19, 2020, 12:11:36 PM
And what all you was be able to see during your the best observation of M64, only core or also something else?
Only the core, or at least the brightest brightest part.

Toliman

Quote from: Vawmataw on April 19, 2020, 12:20:46 PM
Quote from: Toliman on April 19, 2020, 12:11:36 PM
Only the core, or at least the brightest brightest part.
Yeah, at least small the brightest parts around core could be visible for you too.
M64 is great galaxy with interesting structure through my telescope (on dark sky), that beauty is too difficult to describe.

Toliman

I just observed crescent of Venus and few double stars right now, seems that later tonight I could stargaze more :)