Astronomy thread/Kìng a teri tanhìyä tìftia

Started by Vawmataw, December 31, 2012, 11:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toliman

Today I observed venus on dayly sky and sun. There was one quite nice group of sunspots: one big sunspot (nice umbra and penumbra visible), one next small sunspot + one group of very tiny sunspots.

Vawmataw

I should take out my telescope later today
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Toliman

Same here, forecast is good. I plan observe planets again. What you will observe?

Toliman

Back from observation. As I wrote, I observed primary planets, primary Mars and Uranus. Seeing was quite good so I could see many details on Mars. I also more detailed observe Uranus but tonight I didn't see that big white spot which I saw during my previous observations few days ago. Except planets I again observed some double stars (bright Albireo, Gamma And, Eta Cas + few fainter) and also saw few bright meteors. It was quite good observation, except that strong moonlight.

Vawmataw

I'm also back from outside...

Planetary objects: Moon, Jupiter (with Europa, Ganymede and Callisto), Saturn (with Titan)

Deep-sky objects: M2, M13, M15, M22, M24, M25, M31, M32, M57, M92, Double cluster, Stock 2

Toliman

Good objects list and that image is not bad :)

Toliman

Back from next obdervation. Sky conditions were similar like as previous night. I again observed Mars and also some brighter open clusters in Cygnus and Cepheus constellations (M39 + some NGCs) + M34 and Double Cluster from Perseus. Clusters were surprisingly quite nice, despite still strong moonlight. I also saw three brighter meteors, obviously coming Perseids.

Toliman

I observed tonight Mars surface again and today found this:

Rivers on ancient Mars may have flowed beneath sheets of ice
https://astronomy.com/news/2020/08/rivers-on-ancient-mars-may-have-flowed-beneath-sheets-of-ice

Vawmataw

Someone captured the occultation of Mars by the Moon (which was a conjunction for the rest of the world)

Toliman

Toliman

I observed Perseids tonight. Despite not ideal conditions (light of last quarter Moon and humid air) it was not bad - during night I saw 53 Perseids (8 of them was obviously brighter than 0 mag). The brightest piece has approx. -5 mag. Except Perseids I also saw 6 another meteors.

Except meteors I also saw one Elon Musk's Starlink, quite bright (approx. 1-2 mag).

Vawmataw

Quote from: Toliman on August 12, 2020, 08:05:24 AM
I observed Perseids tonight. Despite not ideal conditions (light of last quarter Moon and humid air) it was not bad - during night I saw 53 Perseids (8 of them was obviously brighter than 0 mag). The brightest piece has approx. -5 mag. Except Perseids I also saw 6 another meteors.
53?! :o

I would call it the best perseids night ever hrh

Toliman

Yeah, 53. What was your the best Perseids night ever?

My best night was many year ago, sky was moonless and transparency was excellent so I was able to see even the faintest meteors - I saw 210 perseids during one night.

Tonight I observed Perseids again. Although tonight it was already first night after maximum, it was very good. During two hours before moonrise I saw 24 Perseids within 3 very bright (more than -5 mag). After moonrise (shortly after midnight here) some clouds came but it luckily went away so at 2:00 sky was again completelly clear. During 30 minutes I saw next 5 Perseids. Then one hour nothing untill... 12 Perseids during 3 minutes! Few minutes after this "firework", there was pass of another Starlink when one -3 mag bright meteor crossed this line of Starink satellites, hrh. In remaining time before dawn I saw next 7 perseids.

So tonight I saw next 48 Perseids. Observation was more easy than yesterday (except that two cloudy hours) because sky conditions were far more better.

And I would forgot... yesterday morning (after night before maximum) was awesome here, I had nice wiew on landscape in morning mist from my place and tried took image:

So Perseids 2020 are over, despite not ideal conditions it was not bad :)

Vawmataw

Quote from: Toliman on August 13, 2020, 01:11:50 AM
Probably 8 or so. ;D Light pollution pak ;)

Toliman

Quote from: Vawmataw on August 13, 2020, 08:16:16 PM
Quote from: Toliman on August 13, 2020, 01:11:50 AM
Probably 8 or so. ;D Light pollution pak ;)
Yeah, ligh pollution really don't help...

How bright was the brightest Perseid which you saw ever, if you remember it?

Vawmataw

Quote from: Toliman on August 14, 2020, 05:04:37 AM
How bright was the brightest Perseid which you saw ever, if you remember it?
I don't know, you should search my messages from August 2016 and 2017. hrh

So I saw Venus in the sky this afternoon thanks to the Moon's help. The Moon will be more helpful tomorrow as it will pass 4 degrees from the planet.

Toliman

Quote from: Vawmataw on August 14, 2020, 05:37:04 PM
So I saw Venus in the sky this afternoon thanks to the Moon's help. The Moon will be more helpful tomorrow as it will pass 4 degrees from the planet.
Congratulations to observation of venus on dayly sky! :)

Vawmataw

Toliman

Kea tìkin

I plan try some daytime astronomy again too.

Toliman

I had only partly cloudy sky tonight so I just tried observe Mars but seeing was extremelly bad tonight, hrh
But I saw two next brighter Perseids through holes in clouds :)