Astronomy thread/Kìng a teri tanhìyä tìftia

Started by Vawmataw, December 31, 2012, 11:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toliman

Next observation tonight. Seeing was far better than yesterday but transparency was a bit worse. I observed Mars, Uranus, Venus, M34, Double Cluster and M45. And crescent of the Moon too on end.

Toliman

Tonight, last three hour of the night was good time for stargazing :) Sky was transparent, dark and air was not such humid as during previous days.
I observed a lot of deepsky in mostly autumnal constellations and also in rising winter constellations:

Open clusters: M45, NGC884+869 Double Cluster, Stock2, M103, M52, NGC7789, NGC663, M34, NGC1528, M36-3 and NGC1907
Globular clusters: M15, M2, M72, NGC7492, NGC288, Palomar 2 and G1 (in M31)
Nebuae: NGC281 Pacman Nebula, IC1848+1805 Soul and Heart Nebula, NGC1831, NGC1491, NGC406 (in M33) and nebulae of M45
Planetary Nebulae: NGC7293 Helix Nebula, NGC7009 Saturn Nebua, M76 Little Dumbbell Nebula, NGC7662 and NGC1514
Galaxies: M31 Andromeda Galaxy (with M32 and M110), M33 Triangulum Galaxy, NGC1891, NGC1024, M77, M74, NGC253 Sculptor Galaxy and NGC247

Toliman

Unforgetable night with my 18 inch telescope tonight :) I was on place with excellent, dark sky and also sky condition were great, sky was completelly dark and ultratransparent - structure and visible details of milky way was unbelievable, NGC7000 North America Nebula and globular cluster M13 were easily visible by naked eye and also M33 Triangulum Galaxy was possible to see by naked eye (with averted vision). Also NGC1499 California Nebula was easily visible by naked eye when I put H-beta filter before my eye and eastern bow of Veil Nebula (NGC6992) was visible already through binocular 10x50...

I observed mostly nebulae and galaxies M31 and M33 + few globular clusters and Mars, Neptune and Uranus.

Nebulae which I observed: NGC7000 North America Nebula, IC 5067, NGC6960+6992 Veil Nebula, NGC6888 Crescent Nebula, IC1396, NGC7023, NGC281 Pacman Nebula, IC1848+1805 Soul and Heart Nebula, NGC1499 California Nebula, NGC1491, NGC1931, IC410, IC405 and also M42+43 Orion Nebula (only low above horizon before morning but nice!)

M31 Andromeda Galaxy:
Incredible details visible here, I observed many dust lines, stellar associations and globular clusters of this galaxy. Globular clusters - I observed 10 the brightest of them (G1, G280, G78, G76, G213, G272, G205, G72, G73, G87), the brightest of them (G1) looked in my 18 inch telescope almost same like as M13 looks through small refcartor with low magnifiation, hrh. I also successfully observed three the brightest stars of this galaxy (in star clouds NGC206) - and also star clouds NGC206 was amazing with bigger magnification, nice grained structure visible.

M33 Triangulum Galaxy
Amazing spiral structure visible, gorgeous spiral arms with many nebulous regions and spiral associations, I saw 16 of them. I observed four the brightest (NGC604, NGC588, NGC595, NGC592) more detailed with using of UHC filter, I was able see some details of NGC604 structure - irregular shape, bright central part with fainter peripheral regions. Other three looked only like as brighter nebulous spots, however their irregular shape was easily recognizable. I also successfully observed one the brightest star and also the brightest globular cluster of this galaxy (C39).

I also saw five moons of Uranus and Neptune: Triton, Titania and oberon were easily visible and I was able to see also Ariel and Umbriel (it was more difficult but both visible by averted vision).

It was unforgetable night :)

Toliman

Tonight I could stargaze again, sky conditions were not such great like as previous night but still it was nice night. I observed planets and mostly open clusters in Cepheus, Cassiopeia, Perseus, Auriga and Taurus. Also I saw three meteors, the brightest one had approx. 0 mag.

Vawmataw

So I took out my telescope after midnight to observe a few things, mainly the Moon and Mars.
Planets: Mars, Saturn and Jupiter (and the moons)
DSOs: NGC 457, NGC 663, NGC 869, NGC 884, M45

Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Toliman

Good image! :)

I had not too luck with weather last week. Weekend nights were better but for strong moonlight I observed only Mars surface.

Toliman

I had few great nights so I could stargaze. Sky conditions were great, milky way were spectacular and zodiacal light was super bright.
I observed Mars surface and many deesky - especially details of M31 and M33 galaxies (found few another fainter globular clusters of M31 which I didn't saw yet) and nebulae at Cygnus, Cassiopeia and before morning also Orion Nebula (which was epic). I also saw thin crescent of Moon and few meteors.

Vawmataw

I did my duty for the International Observe the Moon Night but the conditions were not so good.

Here's a picture:

Toliman

And Mars opposition is finally here! :) During previous weeks, Mars was (and still is xD) my main target and I often observed his surface. Thanks very good conditions (enough declination + big apparent diameter of Mars (more than 20 arcsec)) it's very interesting and nice observation in case of good seeing. I had few nights with excellent seeing when I could use huge magnifications and I could saw awesome details (I was able to see even Olympus Mons volcano and also Valles Marineris looked interesting).

Vawmataw

That's quite interesting :)

Unfortunately the weather hasn't been too cooperating.

Toliman

Any hope for reasonable weather in next week? Apparent diameter of Mars will be over 20 arcsec whole October :)

Vawmataw

Toliman

Good image! Did you already observed also Mars?

Last days and nights were sadly cloudy and rainy here...

Vawmataw

Toliman

And was you able to see something on Mars surface?

Vawmataw

Quote from: Toliman on November 01, 2020, 01:43:57 PM
And was you able to see something on Mars surface?
No, I didn't take out the oculars.

Toliman

Yeah, bigger magnification would be better for it.

Toliman

Vawmataw

Toliman

Sky was finally clear previous night so I observed Mars again. Seeing was very good, polar cap was good visible and many other details too :) And at morning I saw also Mercury.

Tonight I briefly observed Mars again but seeing was not good tonight at all.