Astronomy thread/Kìng a teri tanhìyä tìftia

Started by Vawmataw, December 31, 2012, 11:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toliman

Toliman

Toliman

I had clear western horizon tonight finally again so I was able observe Venus and Mercury again. Except these, I also briefly observed Mars and the Moon.

Toliman

Vawmataw

So I saw Venus earlier tonight and I stayed on the balcony a few minutes ago to see the ISS. It passed very, very close from Deneb and Alpha Cephei
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Toliman

Txantsan! And I observed the Moon, Mercury and Venus one hour ago :)

Toliman

Toliman

There is bigger and quite nice sunspot on the Sun again. Observed today and maybe I will try to capture it again in next days.

Toliman

Quote from: Toliman on May 22, 2021, 02:01:14 PM
There is bigger and quite nice sunspot on the Sun again. Observed today and maybe I will try to capture it again in next days.
And I did
There are few tiny sunspots now too

Toliman

Toliman

I observed sunspots today again. There are one big sunspot which is surrounded by many tiny sunspots + few another sunspots, quite interesting view.

Toliman

I observed five planets tonght: Mercury, Venus, Mars, jupiter and Saturn. Only Uranus and Neptune missed hrh. I also briefly observed Moon surface, seeing was excellent so it was good observation.

Vawmataw

Toliman

True ;D

Also, there will be conjunction (approx. 0.5 degree) of Venus and Mercury at this Friday, Mercury will be already faint (2.2 mag) but it should be still visible through telescope.

Toliman

Sky partly cleared out after cloudy day so I was able to observe the Sun again. Now it definitelly worth for it - there are two interesting group of bigger sunspots with many interesting details.

Toliman

Quote from: Toliman on May 26, 2021, 11:45:54 AM
Also, there will be conjunction (approx. 0.5 degree) of Venus and Mercury at this Friday, Mercury will be already faint (2.2 mag) but it should be still visible through telescope.
And today successfully observed :)
Sky conditions were very good, especially transparency was great so already faint Mercury was visible already through little binocular despite still too light evening sky. Through telescope it was (with using of widescreen eyepiece) it was nice view - faint crescent of Mercury together with super bright Venus.

Vawmataw

The curfew is now lifted so I will stargaze tonight and definitely look at this. The Great Conjunction of 2021? ;D

Toliman

Quote from: Vawmataw on May 28, 2021, 05:25:15 PM
The curfew is now lifted so I will stargaze tonight and definitely look at this.
Txantsan! :) Hope that your sky above horizon will be clear enough for it.

Quote from: Vawmataw on May 28, 2021, 05:25:15 PM
The Great Conjunction of 2021? ;D
Yeah ;D
And at July there will be also similarly close conjunction of Venus and Mars :)

Vawmataw

Vawmataw is back! Quite a successful night, I'd say. I still remember how to stargaze despite not having used the telescope in the past few months. ;D

I began my evening with the conjunction. Unfortunately, Mercury was not visible to the naked eye, but through my telescope I could see a brown spot (must be the small disk because the stars were sharp later).

The objects I observed are: M3, M13, M39, M57, M81, M82, M92, M94, NGC 457, Melotte 111, IC 4665

I also took time to observe Albireo, Cor Caroli and 61 Cygni as double stars, and I saw 2 ISS passes.

Toliman

Quote from: Vawmataw on May 28, 2021, 11:22:30 PM
Vawmataw is back! Quite a successful night, I'd say.
Txantsan that you can stargaze again :)

Quote from: Vawmataw on May 28, 2021, 11:22:30 PM
I began my evening with the conjunction. Unfortunately, Mercury was not visible to the naked eye, but through my telescope I could see a brown spot (must be the small disk because the stars were sharp later).
Year, Mercury is already too faint for naked eye (on light evening sky).
Mercury now looks really like as crescent, but only with using of strong magnification (bigger than that which you have, if I remember well), with low magnification it was not obvious.