Astronomy thread/Kìng a teri tanhìyä tìftia

Started by Vawmataw, December 31, 2012, 11:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ayeers

star walk is good app but my phone is too bad :'(
bitcoin donate from 2019.09.01 i cant recive any donation
if you want donate write me a pm with subject donate

Vawmataw

I generally don't use any mobile device (except when I go to my father's), so I don't use any app.
I downloaded Stellarium on the computer after a recommendation of the people who sold my telescope and I also use Neave Planetarium (neave.com/planetarium). It happened that I had to use a website like stelvision.com (in French though) on the tablet.
In the worst case, I would use my plastic sky maps, but I can recognize the constellations in a city sky.
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Toliman

Nice, for beginning amateur astronomers it can be useful thing.

Stellarium is also good  :)

ayeers

i installed stellarium to my old kubuntu linux pc running but not so fast
bitcoin donate from 2019.09.01 i cant recive any donation
if you want donate write me a pm with subject donate

Toliman

I had today endly good weather (after several weeks) for observation. But now is full moon so I shortly observed mainly planets (from my garden).
I observed Venus, Jupiter (nice belts) + his moons and Saturn (Cassini division in rings and several weak belts on planet) + his moons
On end I observed several doublestars (Epsilon Lyrae, Izar, Albireo - nice!!!, Cor Caroli).

It was nice after many cloudy nights.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Hmmm.... Never looked at Cor Caroli before. I'll have to check that out.
My favorite double this time of year is Alegiba, in Leo.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Toliman

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on June 04, 2015, 03:17:39 PM
Hmmm.... Never looked at Cor Caroli before. I'll have to check that out.
My favorite double this time of year is Alegiba, in Leo.

Cor Caroli is very easily observable double star. When I started stargaze (with little telescope), this was one of my the most favourite double stars.

In this time of year, my favourite double star is Izar. And my absolutely the most favourite is quadruple star Trapezium in Orion Nebula ... and double star Alpha Centauri (is sad that is not visible from my place  :(, I saw this from Chile)

Toliman

;D This is really hard joke  ;D
If I see this, I can't believe that it is true. But it is really from real Slovak newspapers:  ;D

Translation to English:

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Strange article for a newspaper! But sometimes, I wonder if reporters flunked grade schcool English ;)

The next couple of weeks have some good astronomy opportunities. Tonight, there is a star occultation by a Kuiper belt object. If the skies clear (rare rainy day in June today!), I'll be out with a team from the local Planetarium, measuring this occultation for project RECON.

Saturday evening is a public star party on a historic ranch. We have done this particular event every year, and it usually has an excellent turnout. Afterwards, we are invited to camp there, and enjoy the dark skies there all evening!

Next weekend, we are having 'first light' on our newly rebuilt 24 inch Dobsonian 'scope. We will be comparing this to our 20 inch 'scope, which we know is very good, to see if the improvements are bringing out the full performance of this 'scope.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Vawmataw

Toliman

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on June 10, 2015, 03:58:15 PM
rare rainy day in June today!
HRH ... several last days there is cloudy and sometimes rain  :(  But is hope for change on this weekend  :)

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on June 10, 2015, 03:58:15 PM
Next weekend, we are having 'first light' on our newly rebuilt 24 inch Dobsonian 'scope. We will be comparing this to our 20 inch 'scope, which we know is very good, to see if the improvements are bringing out the full performance of this 'scope.
Very good. 24 inch is really "big gun". The biggest telescope (through which I observed) was 500 mm (on observatory).

Toliman

Vawmataw

Toliman

Quote from: Vawmataw on June 10, 2015, 07:44:59 PM
Quote from: Toliman on June 10, 2015, 07:22:32 PM
;D Hubble Space Telescope for sale  ;D

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/clearance/hubble-cassegrain-reflector-telescope.html
lole ;D
I wonder what's the price.

Probably astronomical  ;D  
But this is solving of problems with weather and invisibility of southern sky from our latitudes  ;D

Vawmataw

Vawmataw

ALERT

Venus passes near the Beehive Cluster. If you have clear skies tonight, bring out your telescope or else you will regret it.

Toliman

Quote from: Vawmataw on June 13, 2015, 10:26:50 AM
ALERT

Venus passes near the Beehive Cluster. If you have clear skies tonight, bring out your telescope or else you will regret it.

Here is currently cloudy  :(  But is little hope for partly cloudy sky in the night.
But I observe Venus yesterday evening and already yesterday was very near Beehive Cluster. Through binocular 10x50 it was nice. But is true that today will be the closest.

Yesterday night was totally clear so I observe also Jupiter, Saturn and some DSO.
I observe objects in Aquila constellation (open clusters NGC6709, NGC6755, NGC6756, globular cluster NGC6760 and dark nebulae B142+143, B135)
and Scutum constellation (open clusters M11, M26, globular cluster NGC6712, dark nebula B111 and Scutum star cloud).

Vawmataw

At least you didn't miss it. :) They forecast clear skies tonight and tomorrow, so I have hope.

I wish I could observe these objects. :)

Toliman

Quote from: Vawmataw on June 13, 2015, 01:16:08 PM

You can try open cluster M11 in Scutum. Is visible through already little binocular as very bright nebulous spot. When I started with stargazing, I was able saw this already on urban sky through 8 cm telescope. Through bigger telescope on dark sky is totally fantastic!

Vawmataw

Quote from: Toliman on June 13, 2015, 01:32:25 PM
Quote from: Vawmataw on June 13, 2015, 01:16:08 PM

You can try open cluster M11 in Scutum. Is visible through already little binocular as very bright nebulous spot. When I started with stargazing, I was able saw this already on urban sky through 8 cm telescope. Through bigger telescope on dark sky is totally fantastic!
*writes that on the list*
I will observe that this summer. :)