General Discussion > Science

Astronomy thread/Kìng a teri tanhìä tìftia

(1/738) > >>

Vawmataw:
Kaltxì, oel tse'a sanhìt ngahu.
I created this thread, because I love astronomy. I like the stars, the planets and the universe and to watch the night sky. Another reason, it's because I had a lucky moment yesterday between 5:25 and 5:45pm ET.

--- Quote ---I was on a highway (in the car), going home after a little trip in Boucherville, Canada. The sky was dark, so I looked at the stars. The rising constellation was Orion. I observed a small constellation looking like Ursa Minor. After, I saw a strange constellation near Orionis with a shiny star, and also two stars in Orionis. I went to a website when I was home, without getting interesting results, but I saw that Jupiter was near the constellation Orionis that I observed (remember the shiny star).

This morning, I went to another website, and discovered that I observed the Pleiades, Jupiter, Orionis and Orionis' stars Saif al Jabbar and maybe Nair al Saif. TEWTI! That's why I'm so lucky and happy.

--- End quote ---

This thread is about astronomy. Share the stories about your observations or about astronomy things, space news and talk about astronomy (and learn more about it).

Eywa ayngahu, ta Kameyu a Kepekmì

Edits:
December 2, 2014: Correction - Attempt at protecting the English language

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä:
Ah! Nice idea for a thread!

I am an active amateur astronomer, and President of the Astronomical Society of Nevada.

The weather here has been wreaking havoc with observing as of late, but we might have a clear (but cold!) night on New Years Day.

The last few nights, Jupiter has been burning like a lamp near the zenith, poking through the clouds when everything else (except the moon) was invisible.

Tonight at midnight, the star Sirius culminates (reaches its highest point in the sky. When it happens at midnight of a given day, that is the star's 'midnight culmination).

Back to working on the base for my new observatory!

Tomorrow, the earth is at perhelion (cloest to the sun in its orbit. Something like .926 AU.

Vawmataw:

--- Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on December 31, 2012, 01:19:03 pm ---The last few nights, Jupiter has been burning like a lamp near the zenith, poking through the clouds when everything else (except the moon) was invisible.

--- End quote ---
Jupiter is near Taurus constellation. And it was shiny.

Vawmataw:
Oe flamä tsawa kanom relit hu Tsyupiter fa oeyä syeprel.

Spoiler: TsyupiterKepek, mì mipa zìsìtä trr, mì 2013.

Sweylu txo oel kivanom relit hu Tsyupiter sì oe, talun moe... lu muntxa!  :-[ :P ;D

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä:
What kind of camera/lens did you use?

What were your settings? (ISO, aperture and shutter speed?)

Did you use a tripod?

Was the moon up at the time?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version