My vision of the contact of other civilizations in the universe

Started by Tsanten Eywa 'eveng, March 02, 2013, 04:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Quote from: Tìtstewan on March 09, 2013, 05:46:15 PM
These are great and positive words! From this perspective, we can hope that well-meaning civilizations will visiting us. I think mankind needs a better future. But it is a long way and a trial of patience.

If we are starting to struggle, that our civilization is at risk, of that we will extinct ourselves, the help will come. Other civilizations thinks that we will form a better future for ourselves. I have always believed that.

Tìtstewan

We already had two world wars. Must necessarily be a new initiate before they come?

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Keep in mind that the other civilization will have to be able to detect that we are in distress before they come, and then travel here. That will take many years, even from the closest star. We could easily wipe ourselves out before then.

You might read a parallel thread to this one, that  TSeze Mune started, about energy. Some of the same issues being brought up here are being discussed there. The bottom line, I think, is human beings will always struggle to survive, because survival is not guaranteed. But even so, we try really hard to guarantee it, hard enough sometimes, to destroy what is around us.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on March 10, 2013, 04:20:29 AM
Keep in mind that the other civilization will have to be able to detect that we are in distress before they come, and then travel here. That will take many years, even from the closest star. We could easily wipe ourselves out before then.

You might read a parallel thread to this one, that  TSeze Mune started, about energy. Some of the same issues being brought up here are being discussed there. The bottom line, I think, is human beings will always struggle to survive, because survival is not guaranteed. But even so, we try really hard to guarantee it, hard enough sometimes, to destroy what is around us.

Not if they have broke the law of speed of light. The speed of light rule is for us, so it might not be a rule for other civilizations. So they might reach us in about a few years, from their location.

Clarke

Quote from: Tsanten Eywa 'eveng on March 10, 2013, 07:28:00 AM
Not if they have broke the law of speed of light. The speed of light rule is for us, so it might not be a rule for other civilizations. So they might reach us in about a few years, from their location.
Any FTL signal or propulsion is, AFAWK, equivalent to time travel. If they travel from there to here faster than light, they will arrive before they left.  :P