Recycled Sewage mud to make, soylent brown.

Started by Txur’Itan, June 16, 2011, 09:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txur’Itan

I am not mentally able to eat meat made this way.  However, we may not have a choice in the matter when the day comes that we need to recycle everything more effectively.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.digitaltrends.com%2Finternational%2Fjapanese-scientists-creates-meat-out-of-feces%2F&h=6869c
私は太った男だ。

Dreamlight

http://www.reverbnation.com/inkubussukkubus
"Peace on Earth" was all it said.

archaic

Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Lolet

Ew. Why would they think people would eat that?

Clarke

Well, it's slightly more marketable than soylent green.

Kamean

Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Nì'awtua Eyktan

Quickly, don't think about that your entire body and everything you eat has once been pooped out of some other creature!
And all the water you drink has been peed out of someone, sometime. :o

Kamean

Yes, but make food specially from s*** are wrong way. >:(

Nì'awtua Eyktan

But it would be great for space travel, like a trip to Mars. They are already doing it with urine. I admit, it's sounds pretty gross, but very practical. Many things are pretty gross when you actually think about what's in them. Like candy: pig's feet, crushed lice, etc... So I tend to not give it much thought.  ;D

Kamean

Space travel - it is quite another matter. But it is possible that this meat will be issued in store instead real.

Txur’Itan

I suspect we will see it listed as processed protein on packaging, we will be eating it without knowing about it in things like Hot Pockets or Chicken McNuggets and such.
私は太った男だ。

Clarke

It looks more like it's made from whatever the bacteria spat out after they ate our s***. That's not quite so bad.

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Thomas R on June 17, 2011, 06:14:32 PM
It looks more like it's made from whatever the bacteria spat out after they ate our s***. That's not quite so bad.

I think it is actually the bacteria proteins themselves,

still...

instead of it being our S***,

it is Bacteria S***, which is digested human S***?

Not seeing that as more appetizing.
私は太った男だ。

Niwantaw

well at least you could seriously say any shop that sells it is full of s*** :D
Only mostly AWOL.

Lolet

Quote from: Tawtewng on June 17, 2011, 07:28:21 PM
well at least you could seriously say any shop that sells it is full of s*** :D

HRH  ;D

It sort of reminds m of that shop in the UK (or somewhere) that sells breast milk ice cream. Even if it's technically okay, who wants to go there?

Swoka Ikran

I don't know if I'd be able to eat this...unless it was indistinguishable from real beef and I wasn't told it was artificial bacteria-grown steak.

I imagine this will get marketed as a "beef substitute" containing "man-made meat from bacterial sources"...
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on June 18, 2011, 01:02:17 AM
I don't know if I'd be able to eat this...unless it was indistinguishable from real beef and I wasn't told it was artificial bacteria-grown steak.

I imagine this will get marketed as a "beef substitute" containing "man-made meat from bacterial sources"...

It is an interesting fact that they intend to SELL this product.

I can imagine the labeling. Like the Dean Foods soy based milk substitute is called Silk.

B-meat
Speat
feat
Sheat
creat

The Coup de grâce.

私は太った男だ。

Amaya

Just think, guys...this is probably something Jake et al have eaten many times in their lives...

Kamean

Quote from: Amaya on June 18, 2011, 02:11:17 AM
Just think, guys...this is probably something Jake et al have eaten many times in their lives...
Agree.

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Kamean on June 18, 2011, 01:52:18 PM
Quote from: Amaya on June 18, 2011, 02:11:17 AM
Agree.
Also agreed. Farms (and farm-sourced products) are likely very rare on future Earth...
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise