09 July :: The Panel and Bilingual Q&A

Started by Prrton, May 27, 2011, 06:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Prrton on July 07, 2011, 08:58:08 AM
Quote from: omängum fra'uti on July 07, 2011, 01:32:37 AM
I suppose I can take one of the pre-approved questions.

Quote- Var ngivop lì'fyati a fì'uri pehapxì sunu ngaru frato?
  - What is your favorite part of continuing to create the language?

Tsloleiam!

is that a rewording of the question i wrote a few pages ago and had to colorcode it since it was so confusingly worded?

Prrton

Quote from: Tirea Aean on July 07, 2011, 09:04:11 AM
Is that a rewording of the question I wrote a few pages ago and had to colorcode it since it was so confusingly worded?

I don't think so. It was in the original post:

http://forum.learnnavi.org/seattle-meetup/09-july-the-panel-and-bilingual-qa/msg455685/#msg455685

Prrton

I leave for Seattle in an hour or so. So I'm considering this list basically DONE unless we talk about something on Saturday at the Museum.

I will see PMs about this on my phone if you address me directly, but I may have very limited access to the boards over the next 2 days. There's a lot going on with family and otherwise while I'm visiting the Seattle area.

Thank you everyone who is participating!!

ayfawmyu  tìpawm

Zefanaya  Zusawa merelìri arusikx, tsun nga ronsrelngivop nìswey a tìfkeytok a fpi lì'fya leNa'vi lu 'upe?*

Txonä Rolyu  Ma Pawl, srake fpamìl ngal futa Lì'fya leNa'vi slirvu tsawl fìtxan ulte keng mawkrr 'awa zìsìt sì mawl takrra rel arusikx, sutel tsat mi pirvlltxe?*

'Eylan Ayfalulukanä  Krr a horenit famä Lì'fyayä leNa'vi txarmula ngal, pefnetìngäzìk lu teri fwa fmi ngivop nìfya'o a slu lor tengkrr a livam na 'uo akewong kop.?*

Lisa  Peseng lu 'o' frato a tseng a fìlì'fyal ngati 'Rrtamì feykolrrfen?*

Tsmuketsamsiyu  Nga poltxe san lì'fyati tsun fko sliva'tsu kop fa ayhapxìt a KE nga' sìk. Lì'fyari leNa'vi txina sìkenongo fìfnehapxìyä aketsukrun lu 'upe?*

judytuna  Fkol stawm futa nga lu pamtesotu pianoä. Ngay lu srak? Tsaria txula aysìrolìt a fpi rel arusikx, pefnekato fu pefamtseofkeyk ngaru fyawolìntxu?*

Kayrìlien  Sre fwa lì'fyat leNa'vi ngal ngolop, fyape fparmìl nga teri lahea aylì'fya atxawnula? Eltur tìtxen si srak? Ngari srake saw tsranten, fu lu lesar, fu leskxawng?*

'Oma Tirea  Pefyana lolu fwa tìkangkem si hu Karla Mayer sì ayäktor, ulte tskxekeng sarmi a krr, pesìlen heykangham frato??*

Jane MacMillan  Fko plltxe san fam ayvurä Syeykspirä lu swey seyä simfa nìKllìngan sìk. Payvurit 'Rrtayä rol fkol pxaw olo'txep Kelutralä?*

Omängum Fra'uti  Var ngivop lì'fyati a fì'uri pehapxì sunu ngaru frato?*

ExLibrisMortis

Quote from: Prrton on June 17, 2011, 10:14:18 PM
Quote from: ExLibrisMortis on June 17, 2011, 10:00:50 PM
Avatar nation will be inside with extensive recording equipment. So the capability to record such and event would definitely be available and I see no reason why it should not be legal as long as consent is given.

Txur'Itan has been in touch with the Museum officially about recording things in the Museum. I suggest you contact him and see what his opinion is about getting permission.

http://forum.learnnavi.org/avatar-nation/avatar-nation-gains-press-access-to-emp

Jane MacMillan

The official EMP|SFM museum Twitter feed posted the following "advertisement":
Txo nga tslam fì'u post nga should za'u ne our panel tomorrow hu dr. paul frommer. http://t.co/aaA3KHz

They tried, at least...

Zefanaya

Quote from: Jane MacMillan on July 08, 2011, 02:18:47 PM
Txo nga tslam fì'u post nga should za'u ne our panel tomorrow hu dr. paul frommer. http://t.co/aaA3KHz

They tried, at least...

Now that's funny.
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

Tirea Aean

They tried, at least...

navilator!!! :D  :D :D :D :D *puke*

Shadowwolf

Mawey

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Shadowwolf on July 08, 2011, 08:03:46 PM
What were they trying to say?

They tried, at least...

If you can understand this post you sohuld come to our panel tomorrow with dr. paul frommer. http://t.co/aaA3KHz

my response on twitter (didnt get a reply):

Quote from: @TireaAean
#FTFY #LearnNavi RT @EMPmuseum Txo ngal tslam fì'upxareti tsakrr sweylu txo nga ziva'u ne ayoeyä *pänll trray hu Toktor Pawl Fromrr http://t.co/aaA3KHz

basically a FTFY.

Jane MacMillan

I replied to them as well, with roughly the same phrasing, and they said "Nicely done! Will you be coming to the panel tomorrow? There will be live Na'vi translations throughout." So I told them yes, I had my question nìNa'vi all ready.

Tirea Aean

* Tirea Aean will be watching AvatarNation for updates...

Prrton

Quote from: Tirea Aean on July 08, 2011, 10:25:38 PM

We really really really miss you ma Tirea. :'(

No frownie is large enough to convey how very sad only it is that you're not here...

omängum fra'uti

I had an idea for a different question....

Pelì'fya eltur ngeyä tìtxen si frato, luke lì'fya leNa'vi?  Pelun tsalì'fya?
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Prrton

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on July 09, 2011, 12:18:52 AM

Do you mean ..."excluding" lì'fya leNa'vi?

I might say that as:

Pelì'fya eltur ngeyä tìtxen si frato nìfya'o a slu lì'fya leNa'vi ketsuknga'?

I think you can have more than one question—though you may not be called on twice.

If I were asked that in a room full of people, I would not be able to answer it one the spot, though.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Prrton on July 09, 2011, 12:32:05 AM

I might say that as:

I think you can have more than one question—though you may not be called on twice.

If I were asked that in a room full of people, I would not be able to answer it one the spot, though.

why not just say

mungwrr lì'fya leNa'vi, pelì'fya eltur tìtxen si frato? .. or something..

Quote from: Prrton on July 09, 2011, 12:12:29 AM

No frownie is large enough to convey how very sad only it is that you're not here...

same here...but from my end. now have as much fun and good times without me as you can... (but please remember to take pics, vids, and make blog posts when necessary/possible ;D)

Prrton

Quote from: Tirea Aean on July 09, 2011, 12:40:06 AM
Quote from: Prrton on July 09, 2011, 12:32:05 AM

I might say that as:

why not just say

mungwrr lì'fya leNa'vi, pelì'fya eltur tìtxen si frato? .. or something..

same here...but from my end. now have as much fun and good times without me as you can... (but please remember to take pics, vids, and make blog posts when necessary/possible ;D)

The mungwrr approach is also fine, but doesn't get in as many "newer" grammatical things. ;-)

It's definitely more succinct; and 'Rr-ier

People took LOTS of photos this evening at Kale's. I was not one of them, however.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tirea Aean

idk, it just seemed like a VERY out of the way..uhm.. way.. to say that. especially since we have a shorter easier way to say it. I guess, "fkor lora 'u fkey"(Yes, I still remember that...) and there may be a time and place for such elongations and talkarounds even when simple shortcuts exist. ;D

cant wait to see what I will end up seeing. Sorry for any derailage I may be causing here.

Prrton

Quote from: Tirea Aean on July 09, 2011, 01:13:05 AM
idk, it just seemed like a VERY out of the way..uhm.. way.. to say that. especially since we have a shorter easier way to say it. I guess, "fkor lora 'u fkey"(Yes, I still remember that...) and there may be a time and place for such elongations and talkarounds even when simple shortcuts exist. ;D

cant wait to see what I will end up seeing. Sorry for any derailage I may be causing here.

No derailage problem here...

Based on the apparent etymology of «mungwrr», it's probably fine for "excluding" as well. In English "except (for)" encourages the listener to infer that the speaker believes that the default answer is (should be) the 'excepted' item. In this case we're probably safe with all of these angles and axes one way or the other.

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Sran. Furia ke tsun nga ayoehu livu keftxo nìtxan lu. Slä fpìl teri haya zìsìt! Tsaw zaya'u win nì'ul to omum nga :)

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on July 09, 2011, 11:07:12 AM

Sran. Furia ke tsun nga ayoehu livu keftxo nìtxan lu. Slä fpìl teri haya zìsìt! Tsaw zaya'u win nì'ul to omum nga :)

-Txonä Rolyu

oey syayviri zasya'u haya zìsìt nìk'ong frato mì sìrey