09 July :: The Panel and Bilingual Q&A

Started by Prrton, May 27, 2011, 06:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wm.annis

Ayoeru peng, ayoeru peng!  Zolo srak?

Tirea Aean

Quote from: wm.annis on July 09, 2011, 07:47:16 PM

I hear great reports from my inside man. ;D I just got off a video call to Txonä Rolyu's hotel room. also, Ekirä says it was really good, and we now have a new idiom:

fwäkì ke fwefwi (mantis doesn't whistle i.e. it's against someone's nature or something like that). Avatar Nation as of minutes ago are scurrying to edit their newest episode, full coverage of the Panel Q/A session. ;D

Prrton

Quote from: wm.annis on July 09, 2011, 07:47:16 PM

Fratìlenìri 'oli'a nì'o' mì eSeFmìyuzìam.

Lu Karyuta MIPA lì'u alu 'etnaw* ulte nìteng lì'fyavi alu Fwäkì ke fwefwi. Tsaw lu ral a «It's just not in his/her nature» nì'Ìnglìsì ulte slu wawe a fwefwi slolu mawnoka ral a ta Lì'fyaolo'.

Txantsana fmawn leiu!

wm.annis

Quote from: Prrton on July 09, 2011, 08:29:52 PMlì'fyavi alu Fwäkì ke fwefwi.

Tewti.  Ngäzìk lu nì'it fwa tsati plltxe.  Fwäfwefwi.

judytuna

As promised, I (and Evan) took notes during today's panel. Here is a shorthand transcript of the panel under the spoiler. It's pretty raw and almost unreadable because I am way too loopy to edit it (maybe I will after I've had some sleep). It is very sloppy only. I'm only posting it in case you can't watch the avatar nation episode yet because you're at work right now (and until they have it up!)

It's 3:19am and I am simultaneously wired and exhausted. I cannot sleep because of how excited I am!!!!!!!!!! I absolutely adore the new idiom and I am so happy that everybody sang in the round! Karyu Pawl, Prrton, the museum coordinators, and all the questioners did a really amazing job!!!! I can't thank you guys enough!!!!

wm.annis

Plumps

Irayo ngaru nìtxan nìngay!

We need a word for 'jealous' – 'cause that's what I want to scream all this time ;D

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Plumps on July 10, 2011, 06:24:44 AM
Irayo ngaru nìtxan nìngay!

We need a word for 'jealous' – 'cause that's what I want to scream all this time ;D

Tanri

Lu txantsan nìtxan ma judytuna, irayo seiyi oe ngaru!  :)

Great transcript!
Tätxawyu akì'ong.

Alan

Irayo so much for sharing your transcript/notes here Judy.  They were a facinating read and have helped those of us who could not make it feel a bit closer to the wonderful time you all had there and are still having!  :D

Eywa ngahu,

Alan

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Quote from: judytuna on July 10, 2011, 05:27:20 AM
As promised, I (and Evan) took notes during today's panel. Here is a shorthand transcript of the panel under the spoiler. It's pretty raw and almost unreadable because I am way too loopy to edit it (maybe I will after I've had some sleep). It is very sloppy only. I'm only posting it in case you can't watch the avatar nation episode yet because you're at work right now (and until they have it up!)

It's 3:19am and I am simultaneously wired and exhausted. I cannot sleep because of how excited I am!!!!!!!!!! I absolutely adore the new idiom and I am so happy that everybody sang in the round! Karyu Pawl, Prrton, the museum coordinators, and all the questioners did a really amazing job!!!! I can't thank you guys enough!!!!

I'm Txonä Rolyu and I approve this message. Ngeyä pamrelìri seiyi irayo nìtxan :)

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

CyanRachel

Irayo, judytuna, for posting the transcript from the Na'vi panel with Paul Frommer. Fun to read, esp since I couldn't attend the July 9th meet-up in Seattle. There were some great questions and answers given!  :)
Your love shines the way into paradise.
Avatar Ten Year Anniversary (Dec 18, 2009 - Dec 18, 2019)

Maria TunVrrtep

Judy,
Thank you so much for taking those notes.
I'm so glad that someone was able to do it.  I can't type that fast.
* Marria TunVrrtep
"Ke'u ke lu law a krr frakem tsunslu." -
    Margaret Drabble
("When nothing is sure, everything is possible.")

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Maria TunVrrtep on July 11, 2011, 09:21:41 AM
Judy,
Thank you so much for taking those notes.
I'm so glad that someone was able to do it.  I can't type that fast.

Me neither, irayo seiyi ngaru, ma Judy :)

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Incredible job on the transcription, ma Judytuna. You even captured some of the idioms used by the various people that were speaking, and these sorts of things add in the 'color' that would be missing in a typical quick transcription.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Tsmuketsamsiyu

It was amazing to meet everyone and T that showed up for the bbq! and Frommer of course. It was great to have him! He's the Dr alright!

We should do that again real soon!

'Oma Tirea

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

judytuna

Thank you for the positive replies. It was only meant to be a stopgap until avatar-nation.net has their coverage up, so I'm glad that it was of use to some people =)

I'm very excited to watch the language continue to grow. I keep using Fwäkì ke fwefwi in english to other people because it's such a useful phrase. =)

DJ Makto

I am pleased to say that Episode 5: The Na'vi Language Panel with Dr Paul Frommer is now available for listening and download.

http://forum.learnnavi.org/avatar-nation/avatar-nation-we-are-now-live

Maria TunVrrtep

Quote from: DJ Makto on July 15, 2011, 09:57:53 PM
I am pleased to say that Episode 5: The Na'vi Language Panel with Dr Paul Frommer is now available for listening and download.

http://forum.learnnavi.org/avatar-nation/avatar-nation-we-are-now-live

AKK was it supposed to stop at 45 minutes?
"Ke'u ke lu law a krr frakem tsunslu." -
    Margaret Drabble
("When nothing is sure, everything is possible.")