Corollary Project: Phone App to Benefit Belo Monte Dam Victims??

Started by Prrton, April 24, 2011, 04:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prrton

First of all, this does not HAVE to be linked solely to Seattle. But, the event seems like a good catalyst to me and we could do a lot of the actual recording there if people going want to participate.

1) Highest Level :: What is this all about?

Mightyverse has a system for recording and compiling phrases in any language into iPhone/iPad apps.

EXAMPLE: JAPAN RELIEF PHRASE APP (FREE)

They can be FREE or have a small price.

They WANT to make a "Useful Phrases" app for Na'vi. They are willing for it to be on iTunes for FREE, or for it to have a cost, but for proceeds from any sales to go to benefit victims of the Belo Monte Dam Project, or Amazon Watch, etc.

2) How Might YOU Be Involved?

A) You could volunteer to work directly with Mightyverse to be the Primary Project Coordinator.
       (They are located in Sausalito, CA and their platform is based on MAC. Someone who is good
        with computers and multimedia should be the primary link with them. If you're not especially
        good with the SPOKEN NA'VI LANGUAGE, then you'll probably need a 2nd in Command to get
        all of that in order.)

B) You could volunteer to help the Project Coordinator come up with all the phrases to go into the app.

C) You could appear on camera as one of the speakers reading one of the phrases. (You can practice 1,000 times if you like.)

The folks at Mightyverse are nice and motivated to make this happen.

Mightyverse is happy to have from 1 to dozens of speakers involved. I'm sure they'd be willing to say "In collaboration with the members of LearnNavi.org" etc. in the app itself.

This community would provide the content. They would build it into an app and put it on iTunes for the distribution. It would not compete with the dictionary app. It would not be a full "digital textbook" or "dictionary", just a small "talking phrasebook".

I personally think this kind of content would be a good place to start:

Getting to know you Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

Of course, it doesn't need to be off of K. Pawl's blog word for word.

Any Volunteers?

PS: IF/WHEN this becomes an official project, I think we should move this topic to another part of the site. I'm starting it here because I feel that there *MIGHT* be a strong synergy with people gathering in Seattle in July.

Zefanaya

This is a very cool idea and I wish I could help, thoug I'm not sure I have the time and I live in Washington  I wish the best to the project and those that decide to help. Just one request, please someone make an android version.
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

I'm good with speaking and pronunciation, I'd love to be one of the speakers for this! Now, when you say "on camera" does that mean we can record ourselves with a webcam, or would we actually have to go to CA to meet with Mightyverse? I can't afford a trip to CA :P

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Zefanaya

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on April 24, 2011, 09:04:29 PM
I'm good good with speaking and pronunciation, I'd love to be one of the speakers for this! Now, when you say "on camera" does that mean we can record ourselves with a webcam, or would we actually have to go to CA to meet with Mightyverse? I can't afford a trip to CA :P

-Txonä Rolyu

You would probably want something HD. So either the newest Macbook Pro, or a camera rig with good mic's. I just want an Android version. Come on, it can't be that hard. ;)
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

I met Paul from Mightyverse last year at the last of the regularly-scheduled Bay area meetups, I think in May. He was actually the first one there, then me and then Omängum Fra`uti. To make a long story short, I was in the Bay area to recover an old production switcher from KICU TV. Paul needed a quiet place to record Omängum speaking from Na`vi. Turns out KICU is just a block from Omämgum's kelku, so it was easy to do the recording in KICU's studio, while I worked with another friend of mine to extricate the switcher from the rack it was in. When everything was done, Paul and Omängum helped us load this huge switcher into a trailer. So yes, Paul and Mightyverse are nice!

I'd love to do some voice work, but I wonder if my pronunciation is good enough yet  ::)

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Prrton

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on April 24, 2011, 09:04:29 PM
I'm good good with speaking and pronunciation, I'd love to be one of the speakers for this! Now, when you say "on camera" does that mean we can record ourselves with a webcam, or would we actually have to go to CA to meet with Mightyverse? I can't afford a trip to CA :P

-Txonä Rolyu

The reason I posted here is that I think it would be a good idea to do some (most?) of the filming en masse while the group is in Seattle. But, for those who want to participate, but who can't be there the weekend of the 9th, "YES" we'll try to figure out a way for people to do something via web cam or other setup. Mightyverse is also working on a fully online version of the recording, but that app is not completed/ready yet.

judytuna

Prr, this is a really cool idea. We will show them that a year later, there are still bees buzzing about. I don't have other experience with Mightyverse (besides hearing about OF's adventure with them!) but your info makes me inclined to support them.

Recording en masse seems hugely fun. There will be opportunities for conversations (so it's not just one voice reading something static), as well as a way to show the world that big meetups are still happening.

Also, we will record songs. Lots of songs. Everything from hì'ia hì'awng to mipa kifkey to meoauniaea. OKAY!!!!

I want to volunteer as C, very much.

I'll submit an application for A if you haven't found anyone else yet. Here is my application: I live in San Francisco, CA, love computers, have a macbook pro, and produce a League of Legends fan podcast with audio and streaming video (from a webcam and from the desktop/ingame). I do fear, however, that my Na'vi is not the best around (hrh, not by a long shot), but if you just need someone to help you be a contact and stuff, I can do that.

Eyawng te Klltepayu

This is an excellent idea and I would love to help if I can. However, I won't actually be at the Seattle thing so anything I do will have to be done remotely.
Please tell me if you see mistakes in a Na'vi post of mine. It's the only way I'll learn. :P

Kan oe trro fnivan lì'fyat leNa'vi frapoto a foru ke sunängu rel arusikx alu Uniltìrantokx.

Prrton

Quote from: judytuna on May 23, 2011, 09:42:30 PM
Prr, this is a really cool idea. We will show them that a year later, there are still bees buzzing about. I don't have other experience with Mightyverse (besides hearing about OF's adventure with them!) but your info makes me inclined to support them.

Recording en masse seems hugely fun. There will be opportunities for conversations (so it's not just one voice reading something static), as well as a way to show the world that big meetups are still happening.

Also, we will record songs. Lots of songs. Everything from hì'ia hì'awng to mipa kifkey to meoauniaea. OKAY!!!!

I want to volunteer as C, very much.

I'll submit an application for A if you haven't found anyone else yet. Here is my application: I live in San Francisco, CA, love computers, have a macbook pro, and produce a League of Legends fan podcast with audio and streaming video (from a webcam and from the desktop/ingame). I do fear, however, that my Na'vi is not the best around (hrh, not by a long shot), but if you just need someone to help you be a contact and stuff, I can do that.

Ma Judy,

I'm really sorry that I spaced on getting back to you about this magnanimous offer.

Oeru txoa livu!!

Please take on C! You're absolutely PERFECT for it. I'm sure you can find someone to help you linguistically/grammatically if you feel you need them.

May I PM you and put you in touch with Paul L. at Mightyverse?

judytuna