Friday Night BBQ

Started by Keylstxatsmen, July 01, 2011, 01:05:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keylstxatsmen

Hello all!  

I'm a little late at getting this out, but I had been kicking around the idea with Prrton of having a get together in my backyard the Friday before the meetup.  I live within walking distance of the museum, if you are staying close by, and it would be a great opportunity to see people again from the last meet up while keeping expenses down.

Time: 5:00PM to 9:00PM

Place: Queen Anne (up the hill from the museum)

I will provide: the space, a limited amount of food - probably just hamburgers and sausages - and will cook whatever anyone brings on the grill.

You can provide: yourselves, things to cook on the grill (especially if you have special dietary needs), beverages, and snacks.

If people are interested please respond to this thread and maybe give an idea of what you may bring (you know so we don't have 10 bottles of Coke and no food).  I'll send the directions out via PM later once everyone has had enough time to RSVP.  

Irayo! :)
-Keyl

Updated list of RSVPs, please post if you aren't on here!

RSVPs --------------------------Food/Drink item
Prrton +1Green Salad + Chips
LisaVeggie Tray
Kayrìlien + 2 or 3Non-alcoholic Refreshments
Pawl +1TBD
judytunaNon-alcoholic Refreshments
MaTeTBD
`Eylan AyfalulukanäMore meat, various buns
TsmuketsamsiyuCanadian Food
'Oma TireaTBD
omängum fra'uti + 1Fruit plate
ZefanayaTBD
MarkìTBD
Mrrìa TunVrrtepTBD
Jane MacMillanCookies
Txur'ItanLots and lots of delicious stuff!
Oeru lì'fya leNa'vi prrte' leiu nìtxan! 

Txo nga new leskxawnga tawtutehu nìNa'vi pivängkxo, oeru 'upxaret fpe' ulte ngaru srungit tayìng oel.  Faylì'ut alor nume 'awsiteng ko!

DJ Makto

Alas I won't be able to come, as I only fly in at 9:45 PM. :(

Prrton

Josh and I will bring green salad (vegetarian, but not vegan) and chips.

Srefereiey nìprrte'!!  ;D

Lisa

This sounds like fun!  My flight gets in mid-afternoon, so I should have plenty of time to get to the hotel and dump my luggage and still get to your house in a timely manner.

I won't have a car, but if there is a food mart near the hotel or your house or on the way I can stop and pick something up.   Maybe a veggie tray if I can find a regular supermarket, or mixed nuts.  Something like that.   I'll avoid the Funyuns and Twinkies.   ;D   
Oeru syaw "Tirea Ikran" kop slä frakrrmi layu oe "Grammar Skxawng"   :)

Keylstxatsmen

There are a lot of good options near my house for supermarkets, all in walking distance.

Safeway, the least expensive option, is on 1st Ave W. and Republican
Trader Joe's, my personal favorite, is at the top of the hill on 1st Ave W. and W. Galer
Metropolitan Market, overpriced but delicious, is also nearby at 1st Ave N. and Mercer

I'll include them in the map I send to people.

-Keyl

Txo nga new leskxawnga tawtutehu nìNa'vi pivängkxo, oeru 'upxaret fpe' ulte ngaru srungit tayìng oel.  Faylì'ut alor nume 'awsiteng ko!

Kayrìlien

This sounds like a lot of fun. There will be four or five of us driving up from greater Portland that evening, but once we check into the hotel we'd probably be able to head over. I'm pretty sure that everyone in the car would be excited to go.

I'll be more than happy to bring a few bottles of Coke. And nothing else.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Kayrìlien

Prrton

Quote from: Paul Frommer via e-mail message 01 July
   Trr lefpom, mipa vospxì lefpom--

John and I will be happy to bring whatever is needed. (We both like hamburgers and sausage.)

Thanks for your generosity, ma Keyl.

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Prrton on July 01, 2011, 06:31:00 PM

Quote from: Paul Frommer via e-mail message 01 July
   Trr lefpom, mipa vospxì lefpom--

John and I will be happy to bring whatever is needed. (We both like hamburgers and sausage.)

Thanks for your generosity, ma Keyl.

:o

Srake nìngay nang?  Is Frommer possibly going to be joining us here, too?

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

judytuna

Quote from: Kayrìlien on July 01, 2011, 10:46:48 AM
This sounds like a lot of fun. There will be four or five of us driving up from greater Portland that evening, but once we check into the hotel we'd probably be able to head over. I'm pretty sure that everyone in the car would be excited to go.

I'll be more than happy to bring a few bottles of Coke. And nothing else.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Kayrìlien

Keyl, I'm coming in Kayrìlien's car. I just wanted to pipe up and say thank you for hosting! We'll take a trip to the grocery store, too! And buy a lot of Coke apparently? ???

I will also bring my laptop + light setup + Mightyverse's software and record anybody willing to say some phrases in Na'vi. Internet fame awaits! haha.

Prrton

Quote from: judytuna on July 03, 2011, 03:51:57 PM

...And buy a lot of Coke apparently? ???

Please make sure that some of all that Coke is the caffein-free, sugar-free, calorie-free, flavor-free kind made with artificially engineered inverted molecules à la Jeff Goldblum in The Fly.*

See you there!  ;D

MaTe

I'll be happy to come, let me know if I need to bring anything specific. Will be able to pickup someone from Eastside.
Where is my NDD fix?
some people juggle geese...

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Tewti nangI will definitely participate!

Being the 'lion man' I will supply some additional meat (probably brautwurst, which I might bring from Reno, but I will take some suggestions as well), as well as some hamburger and hot dog buns. A quantity guess on the buns would help immensely.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Tsmuketsamsiyu

Kaltxi! I will be in! i'll try to bring some canadian food!

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Prrton on July 03, 2011, 04:06:21 PM

Please make sure that some of all that Coke is the caffein-free, sugar-free, calorie-free, flavor-free kind made with artificially engineered inverted molecules à la Jeff Goldblum in The Fly.*

See you there!  ;D

Quote from: Prrton on July 03, 2011, 04:06:21 PM

Mllte.  I do like my soda... as long as it doesn't have overly refined sugars, artificial additives or preservatives ;)

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

omängum fra'uti

I will be there with friend, not sure what I'll bring at this point but I'll have all day to consider :)
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Zefanaya

GUYS AND GALS, GREAT NEWS! I WILL be in Seattle on Friday so I CAN come to the 'Q if its still open to me coming.
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

Keylstxatsmen

Quote from: Zefanaya on July 05, 2011, 05:20:42 PM
GUYS AND GALS, GREAT NEWS! I WILL be in Seattle on Friday so I CAN come to the 'Q if its still open to me coming.

No problems, glad to hear you can make it. :)

For everyone else, I have updated the RSVP list with what people are bringing.  I will send out directions tonight, after I get off of work.  Please if you are just lurking here but plan on coming, post as soon as possible so I can have an accurate head count and so you can get the directions. 

-Keyl

Khestalì

Darn, wish I could come! Sounds like it'll be some great fun and company. Eat some good stuff for me, ma eylan!

Lisa

Quote from: Keylstxatsmen on July 01, 2011, 01:05:17 AM

LisaVeggie Tray or Mixed nuts?

Given your list of excellent market choices there's a very high probability that I'll be able to bring a veggie tray.    :D

Oeru syaw "Tirea Ikran" kop slä frakrrmi layu oe "Grammar Skxawng"   :)

omängum fra'uti

I'll bring some sort of fresh fruit selection.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!