09 July :: General Discussion: About The Planning and Trip

Started by Zefanaya, March 27, 2011, 11:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omängum fra'uti

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on April 05, 2011, 09:01:13 AM
Quote from: Zefanaya on April 05, 2011, 04:45:46 AM
Alright, not the best place for this. Here is a problem I've run into while looking at the rates at teh Travelodge before I book. The dates listed in the image are the dates I need. But I think I see a problem. If I were to bring my +1, we would either need separate rooms, or one of us is sleeping on the floor.

It appears two beds in one room option is gone. I can't make my plus one pay half if he's not in the same room. Aw well. I call and see whats going on.

Are you booking online on the hotel website? All reservations for this must be made over the phone or via e-mail. That doesn't look like the price I paid for my room, and I have a double. I want to make sure you're getting the discount. If all 5 of the double bed rooms I had on hold are gone, then I haven't gotten enough PMs about arrival/departure dates and whether or not people are buying the City Pass.

-Txonä Rolyu

PS This probably should have been posted in the General Discussion thread.
Bringing my question here, but I had a related question to this post...

Is the special rate ONLY for double bed rooms, or are there any king/queen rooms available at a special rate?
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Lisa

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on April 05, 2011, 12:44:35 PM
Is the special rate ONLY for double bed rooms, or are there any king/queen rooms available at a special rate?

I got a single king at the special rate.   I made my reservation yesterday.
Oeru syaw "Tirea Ikran" kop slä frakrrmi layu oe "Grammar Skxawng"   :)

Zefanaya

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on April 05, 2011, 09:01:13 AM
Quote from: Zefanaya on April 05, 2011, 04:45:46 AM
Alright, not the best place for this. Here is a problem I've run into while looking at the rates at teh Travelodge before I book. The dates listed in the image are the dates I need. But I think I see a problem. If I were to bring my +1, we would either need separate rooms, or one of us is sleeping on the floor.

It appears two beds in one room option is gone. I can't make my plus one pay half if he's not in the same room. Aw well. I call and see whats going on.

Are you booking online on the hotel website? All reservations for this must be made over the phone or via e-mail. That doesn't look like the price I paid for my room, and I have a double. I want to make sure you're getting the discount. If all 5 of the double bed rooms I had on hold are gone, then I haven't gotten enough PMs about arrival/departure dates and whether or not people are buying the City Pass.

-Txonä Rolyu

PS This probably should have been posted in the General Discussion thread.

I sent the hotel an email asking if a double was available last night, they've yet to reply. I'll let you know what they say. I'm booking today, even if I can't get a double.
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

No, you should be able to get the discount on a double bed room, I did. Just be sure to mention you are part of the Avatar Fan Community when making your booking.

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Zefanaya

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on April 05, 2011, 03:14:50 PM

No, you should be able to get the discount on a double bed room, I did. Just be sure to mention you are part of the Avatar Fan Community when making your booking.

-Txonä Rolyu

So I can get a single bed room with the community discount? I think that was the question.

Quote from: Zefanaya on April 05, 2011, 03:54:15 PM
Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on April 05, 2011, 03:14:50 PM

-Txonä Rolyu

So I can get a single bed room with the community discount? I think that was the question.

Hìtxoa, I misunderstood. Yes, you should be able to get a single bed room at the discounted rate as well. But as I said, be sure to mention you are part of the Avatar Fan Community when making your booking.

-Txonä Rolyu

Lisa

Quote from: Zefanaya on April 05, 2011, 03:54:15 PM

Yes, you can.... I was able to yesterday.   :)
Oeru syaw "Tirea Ikran" kop slä frakrrmi layu oe "Grammar Skxawng"   :)

Zefanaya

Minor update I just found out that the minimum number of people we need to get a group discount on museum tix is 15. I don't think this will be too much of a problem seeing as most of us are not buying the City Pass. Just wanted to let everyone know. Also....yeah another reminder.....rutxe PM me your arrival and departure dates (and times if you know them) and tell me how many museum tix you need reserved or if you're buying the City Pass. The deadline for me to reserve the tix is June 8th. I realize this is a long way off, but still the sooner I can get my count going, the better :) Thanks all!

-Txonä Rolyu

Alan

Kaltxi folks,

Sorry I've not been around for a while.  Just busy sorting out my own stuff to come across etc....lame I know!  Anyway I hope folks don't mind me posting this.  It is just a summary of the information generated so far pulled together as a reference for folks.  It's applicable to both meet up dates.

For anyone coming to the 4th June Meet-Up remember you need to book a room by 2nd May.  After that any group reserved rooms not taken will be released.  You may still book a room after that date, but they may get snapped up quickly by the general public.  So strick whilst the iron is hot!

Anyway enough of me waffling on, here it is:

The following covers getting to Seattle, things to know about the place and a number of suggested itineraries for the days before and after the exhibition visit, plus possible places to eat together.  Hope they of are use.

Transport Information:
Seattle seems a big place! Consequently, we are going to need transport of one form or another, whether this is from the airport or to get around Seattle. To help with this an information sheet have been drawn up with hopefully all the necessary information on how to get around Seattle. To be honest, getting around should be pretty easy as its public transport system appears to be world class! The information sheet gives a summary of the main forms of transport as well as arriving in Seattle. There are also links to two bus route maps and the Metro Transit system website. Follow the link below to download the PDF:

http://www.mediafire.com/?893o1n1iih33d5q

Things to know about Seattle:
The majority of us will be new to Seattle and the phrase "When in Rome do as the Romans do" springs to mind. So to help with this a quick fact sheet has been produced with hopefully useful hints and tips to help us blend in. Follow the link below to download your PDF guide:

http://www.mediafire.com/?tbkgi12h9ydro5c

Restaurants:
Of course a Na'vi can't fight on an empty stomach and so the following information sheet provides information on a number of restaurants that might be of interest.  Of course there are many more in Seattle, but these are a few that have been highlighted by visitor guides as suitable places and are also in close proximity to the Travelodge hotel.

http://www.mediafire.com/?l31ehje3ko94nqr

Suggested Itineraries:
With the information gleaned from the survey it was decided to draw up some suggested itineraries for the Seattle meet-up. At the end of the day there is no point just turning up there and not have an idea of how to spend our time together. So a total of five itineraries have been pulled together. Please note these are only suggestions and everyone is perfectly at liberty to do whatever they wish. They are only there to give some ideas.

These have been pulled together based on the survey results and also to take in the venues covered by the Seattle CityPass (http://www.citypass.com/seattle) and more! Below is a list of the five PDF itineraries to dowonload:

1. Pike Place, Aquarium and Shore Line
http://www.mediafire.com/?293izigr3j39urh
2. Pioneer Square and International District
http://www.mediafire.com/?ko6lcgd5339hete
3. Pacific Science Centre, Kerry Point and Queen Anne Avenue
http://www.mediafire.com/?nknlhdmsly2kfy7
4. Woodland Park Zoo Adventure
http://www.mediafire.com/?33or8r53b4vj6zz
5. Washington Park Arboretum and Broadway
http://www.mediafire.com/?f2i6cnibliy88xg

Smart Phone App:
For those with smart phones a useful app is 'citysearch', which knows where you are annd enables you to search the local area for various facilities, like banks, restaurants, shops, cafes, attractions etc.  And the best thing it is free!

The Ikran Newsletter:
If you are not already joining us for the clan meet up in Seattle and would like to, you will be most welcome. People are coming from all the different Avatar clans for the opening day of the Avatar Exhibition. You can find details on how to book your room in the first 'Ikran Newsletter'.

Links to the other newsletters are here:
Issue 1
Issue 2
Issue 3
Issue 4
Issue 5
Issue 6

If you haven't already, you can subscribe to the newsletter by sending your email address to [email protected].

Do consider joining us, on either of the meet up dates, in this once in a life time opportunity to meet up with your fellow Avatar friends.  See you there ma aysmuke sì aysmukan.

Eywa ngahu,

Alan

Oh of course not! There's a lot of stuff here and we really appreciate you taking the time to do the research for it :)

-Txonä Rolyu

Alan

Irayo  :)  Yeah, we've generated a lot of info together and so I just thought I would shove it altogether for everyone.  Just want these meet-ups to be a great success for everyone.

Not long now...in a months time I'll be starting my journey across the pond, calling in at New York along the way to meet some more Avatar friends before heading to Seattle with one of them.

Ooo, I'm getting so excited I could kick an thanator up the bum and run away!  ;D

Prrton

Quote from: Alan on April 26, 2011, 06:29:16 PM
Ooo, I'm getting so excited I could kick an thanator up the bum and run away!  ;D

I'm going to hate to miss that on the 4th of June. Truly.  ;)

Run FAST.

Run....DEFINITELY RUN!!!! lol ;)

I might be able to be there just for Saturday. I'm still waiting to hear if I can get a free/discounted flight. Tho my funds are wearing thin so hopefully it'll be free.

-Txonä Rolyu

Alan

Quote from: Prrton
Run FAST.

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on April 26, 2011, 07:19:03 PM
Run....DEFINITELY RUN!!!! lol ;)

I might be able to be there just for Saturday. I'm still waiting to hear if I can get a free/discounted flight. Tho my funds are wearing thin so hopefully it'll be free.

Yer, know I'm so excite I might just stay and dance with it!  ;D

Hope you can make both Prrton.

Oh, regarding my post above with all the links.  I think none of them worked properly when I first posted.  I've now updated them and checked them out.  They all work...apart from the trasnport one, which even I am having problems getting to download from mediafire!  It might be one of them 24 hour bugs!  ;)

Kiyevame,

Alan

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Alan on April 27, 2011, 04:05:45 PM
Yer, know I'm so excite I might just stay and dance with it!  ;D

That can be arranged.... ;D

Irayo, ma Alan for all your hard work putting that together. Wish I could join your June get-together as well.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Alan

Kaltxi folks,

For anyone looking to join the meet up on june 4th I've just checked with the Travelodge hotel to find out how we are doing for rooms.  As with the July 9th meet up, we have a group booking discount arranged with ten rooms reserved. I contacted them to find out how we were doing.  Anyway it seems they still have 3 rooms available for our group booking ove the weekend on June 4th with the rest of the hotel fully booked on the June 3rd.  I have copied their response below for your interest:

"So total your group has 7 rooms. The hotel is actually completely sold out on the 3rd, so I will keep the group open until Monday the 9th, that way you have time to contact everyone and make sure everyone registers that needs to.  On Monday I'll release the extra rooms, and those will most likely be taken within a few days.  If people do call in after Monday, we'll try and get them a room, they can say they're with the Avatar group, but the rates won't be discounted anymore."

So if you are looking to join us at the first major avatar fan meet-up for the Avatar Exhibition in Seattle, then you only have this weekend left if you want to join us altogether in the same place over the weekend of 4th June.  Details on how to book can be found in issue 1 of the Ikran Newsletter.  If you have any questions or queries, please don't hesitate to leave a message or PM me.  You have just 2 days left... ;)

Zefanaya

Very strong chance I will be in Seattle on June. But only the 4th. So I should be able to make an appearance. Alan, if you would please PM me the meetup details (nothing related to over night as I will only be in Seattle for about 9-13 hours), then I can plan to meet with you guys for a bit.

Alan

Quote from: Zefanaya on May 07, 2011, 07:19:03 AM
Very strong chance I will be in Seattle on June. But only the 4th. So I should be able to make an appearance. Alan, if you would please PM me the meetup details (nothing related to over night as I will only be in Seattle for about 9-13 hours), then I can plan to meet with you guys for a bit.

Hey Txantsan!  Ok will do... *flies on on Ikran to do PM*...

Zefanaya

Quote from: Alan on May 07, 2011, 11:10:17 AM
Quote from: Zefanaya on May 07, 2011, 07:19:03 AM

Hey Txantsan!  Ok will do... *flies on on Ikran to do PM*...

Irayo