09 July :: General Discussion: About The Planning and Trip

Started by Zefanaya, March 27, 2011, 11:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zefanaya

Well, we've been having a general discussion on the role call thread. However, that does make it hard for Prrton to keep track of people coming. His job is very important. So lets not give him any stress by making his job harder. We can talk about trips, planning, ideas, anything related to the July 9th event here. As always, on topic. Topic is: July 9th Event. Anything related to this event is fine. I don't want to hear about your cat or your new iPad or anything. Thanks.

ta Tirey Hawnuyu.

To Clarify: The mission of this thread: I meant this thread for the July 09 trip only. Just so we can have a clear place and not have to search through over 270 replies on 19 pages. Filled with a mix of information. This is just for those trying to get July 09 specific information, discuss it, and keep the Roll Call thread clean.

Note: Make sure to sign the Roll Call if you are sure you are coming. We need to make sure we get the right information the first time. We need to know how many people to plan for, what kind of space we need. If we have all the information, it works better for you. Less stress for all of us. Eywa ngahu.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Why are we all booking hotels. I thought this was a 1 day event. I don't really care because I have two weeks free, so how long it is doesn't matter.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Mod Note: Prrton moved this here from the "Roll Call" thread via a little split and merge surgery. Carry on...

AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

Maria TunVrrtep

Quote from: Tirey Hawnuyu on March 27, 2011, 11:10:05 PM
Why are we all booking hotels. I thought this was a 1 day event. I don't really care because I have two weeks free, so how long it is doesn't matter.

Not sure how close Seattle and Tacoma are, but I can tell you that I'm in Houston.  I'm definitely not going to be flying in for one day.  LOL  That would be why I'm getting a hotel room. 
"Ke'u ke lu law a krr frakem tsunslu." -
    Margaret Drabble
("When nothing is sure, everything is possible.")

Txura Rolyu

Txura Rolyu reporting for 100% going to be there July 9th.

Kayrillean... I need to know if you are gonna go because I hope to catch a ride with you up there in your car. That is what I heard thatyou were doing, driving that is.

If I can not get a ride with Kay, then I will have to fly. Txonä, did you get a hold of your Horizon Airlines contact you have so that I might get a discounted rate to fly up there? I know I will need to fly back for certain because I will be starting a four week summer camp job on the 11th.

Txura
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Zefanaya

Yeah, looks like (for once) I won't have a boring summer. Two youth camps, a conference for youth leaders, getting a building for a church I work at, and this. Yay for not being bored. Hope to see hundreds of LN-ers, or as my friend says. Ta'lengean ftxì

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Guys, we already have a 'general discussion' thread. The "Seattle Museum" thread has been acting as the 'general discussion/planning' thread. Do we really need another one?

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Zefanaya

This one is so we can all do planning with in our local groups. Its a little more organized. Makes things easy to find, and its the official thread. I plan events quite often, you never want any uncertainty, not with an even of this scale where we have people coming form all of this country and Canada.

Edit: Also, people were using the Role Call thread for General. We needed a clear place for just general planning and figuring things out amongst our selves. I'm not a Moderator so I can't tell you what to do. Use which ever you like (that is until a Moderator says which one to use). Just thought it would be helpful.

Prrton

Quote from: Tirey Hawnuyu on March 28, 2011, 01:35:30 AM
This one is so we can all do planning with in our local groups. Its a little more organized. Makes things easy to find, and its the official thread. I plan events quite often, you never want any uncertainty, not with an even of this scale where we have people coming form all of this country and Canada.

I suggest that this one be dedicated for things related to 09 July. If that is not necessary then I'll merge it with the Original LONG one. It makes no difference to me, but if it is not dedicated to the July meetup then I agree that it might be redundant.

Zefanaya

I meant it for the July 09 only. Just so we can have a clear place and not have to search through over 270 replies on 19 pages. Filled with a mix of information. This is just for those trying to get July 09 specific information, discuss it, and keep the Roll Call thread clean.

Quote from: Txura Rolyu on March 28, 2011, 12:25:29 AM

Kayrillean... I need to know if you are gonna go because I hope to catch a ride with you up there in your car. That is what I heard thatyou were doing, driving that is.

If I can not get a ride with Kay, then I will have to fly. Txonä, did you get a hold of your Horizon Airlines contact you have so that I might get a discounted rate to fly up there? I know I will need to fly back for certain because I will be starting a four week summer camp job on the 11th.

Txura

The 100% part should go to Roll Call, tho I'm sure Prrton already saw it.

Might want to PM that to Kay, he's not on very much and might not see this post.

I have asked my guy at Horizon, but it might be a little while before I can get a definite answer from him. July is still over 3 months away. I promise I will let you know right away when I hear from him.

-Txonä Rolyu

Prrton

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on March 28, 2011, 01:47:15 AM

Txura

1) ...The 100% part should go to Roll Call, tho I'm sure Prrton already saw it...

2) ...Might want to PM that to Kay, he's not on very much and might not see this post...

-Txonä Rolyu

(1) Is already done. I was about to do (2) when I got distracted by this post. Very astute and well-orgnaized of you! Great minds think alike? :-)  Seiyi irayo.

Kayrìlien

Quote from: Prrton on March 28, 2011, 01:52:46 AM
Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on March 28, 2011, 01:47:15 AM

Txura

1) ...The 100% part should go to Roll Call, tho I'm sure Prrton already saw it...

2) ...Might want to PM that to Kay, he's not on very much and might not see this post...

-Txonä Rolyu

(1) Is already done. I was about to do (2) when I got distracted by this post. Very astute and well-orgnaized of you! Great minds think alike? :-)  Seiyi irayo.

Hey there guys,

I'm still not 100% that I can go, because I don't know whether or not I'll have a summer job that would keep me in California that weekend. It'll probably be about mid-May before I know for sure.  :( But, I definitely WANT to go, and if I do, I will most likely be driving (a smallish station-wagon) from coastal Central CA up to Portland and then Seattle. I'll definitely let you guys know more when I find out details for sure.

It'll be loads of fun to meet some of you for the first time and to see others of you again! Plus there's that whole "Dr. Frommer's gonna be there" thing.  ;D

Kayrìlien

Zefanaya

Update: I have a quick update to share on whats going on in the planning world.

First: I want to confirm what we all know. The meeting with Dr. Frommer is July 09. Starting at about 10:00AM and ending around 3:00PM (note: All time's are in PST). These times are subject to change and I will let you all know here when/if they do. These times are also very dependent on where we will be meeting. I know it has been discussed as the EMP/Science Fiction Museum. However, nothing has been quite decided. We are considering multiple places and I will let you know when we decide and get our meeting place.

Second: I know more then a few of the people who have already signed up are coming form afar and will be booking hotels. I ask that you hold off on booking at this time. We have an official hotel. It is the Travelodge and their is a discount. I will expand on this as soon as I get concrete details. So expect that information in a day or two.

If you are more than a little sure you are coming to this event, please sign the Roll Call so we know how many to expect. Also include how many people you will bring. Only sign this if you are sure you are coming. Stay tuned here for updated information as it becomes available. Also, if you have questions about Seattle or you need help planning your trip. Please either post your question as a reply to THIS thread (*Do not ask questions or discuss planning in the Roll Call thread), or PM me and I can help you. If you need more information about the trip, please read this thread and this thread. You may also want to read the News Letter and sign up for them. They can be found in the Seattle Meetup board.

I also know that we are working on planning some side events. Both for the day of the Frommer meeting and days after. These are not mandatory, but will be very social and fun team/group activities. I know those coming form afar are going to spend some time up here so these events are for you and anyone else who has signed the Roll Call. I will post details on these events as I have them. Also feel free to suggest ideas or things you would like to do.

Can't wait to meet more Na'vi fan's. Or as my friend says "Blue Tongue's".

We HAVE concrete info on the hotel:

The hotel we will be staying at is the  Travelodge  located on 200 6th Ave N Seattle .
The weeknight rate will be $110, the weekend rate will be $144. This does not include tax, but with 15% off, it is effectively tax free! Of course if you share a room the price is halved.
If you are taking a car there will be a $10 parking fee per day.
Breakfast is included, both cold and cooked breakfast is available.
There is also a gym, outdoor pool and hot tube for use also included.
You are not fixed to a duration as long as it includes the weekend of 9th and 10th July.
You will be able to make the booking yourself. This  cannot  be done online. Instead they will take the bookings via either email or by telephone. Details given below.

How to Book:
State it as part of the  'Avatar Fan Communities booking' .
State the arrival and departure date, which should include the 9th July.
State the type of room you wish to book: 1 double bed or 2 double beds. i.e. to sleep one or two persons respectively.
To make your booking simply contact the Travelodge by either calling 206-441-7878 or email them on:[email protected] .

How much more concrete do you need?

-Txonä Rolyu

Zefanaya

Oh good. I was going to confirm that with you before I posted. Irayo.

Alan

Wow major activity on the Seattle meet up front!

I'm currently researching an number of optional day itineraries for folks going to Seattle taking into account the feed back from the two surveys, which are still open.

4th June:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TFQ8DK7

9th July:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/N7VZMWS

Anyway I'm looking to have Friday off so I can collate the itineraries together and then they can be incorporated into the next newsletter from Aketuan.  They will be just as applicable to both meet-ups and are there as suggestions if folks are looking what to do.  Help they are of use anyway.

Kiyevame,

Alan

Zefanaya

This should be very useful so we can create a July 09 event list. Irayo.

Payoang

Walker

This is soooooo perfect!!! I have to drive through Seattle every day to go to school in Des Moines...This is going to be awesome  ;)
<TailFeathers>

Zefanaya

A short ride on the light rail and I'm good to go. Also, proposition: I have been talking to people who are planning the June trip and it looks like people really want to visit Pike Place Market and I know a few that really want to see the world famous Pike Place fish mongers. So I think we should deffinly have that in the itinerary.

omängum fra'uti

Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!