NEWS (a bit surprising but) Tickets Required for Panel

Started by Prrton, June 16, 2011, 04:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prrton

All,

Forget anything that you may have seen here and let's start over...

Tickets are required for entrance to the panel, which will begin at 2:00 PM and not 1:00 as previously reported. The Museum/EMP has to charge something to cover their production costs and tickets must be issued to have a legitimate count of the number of people in the auditorium.

Even though they are already giving us use of the Blue Lounge for free, they have agreed (magnanimously) to give anyone from our community (and those accompanying our members DIRECTLY) the Museum Member Discount of $7 (down from $10).

When you go to THIS LINK to order tickets, at some point during the purchase process you will have the option to enter a discount code. I have been authorized to give you all that code, but you MUST KEEP IT CONFIDENTIAL and use it only for folks who are coming with you personally to the museum that day.

If you want/need the $3 discount, please PM me for the code.  I'm happy to get it to you.

Let's not forget that they are doing all they can to support us and they are a 501(c)3, non-profit arts organization as well.

Irayo! (and sorry that this is new information. It's new to me as of a mail out of the blue today too.)

PS: We still have 'room' for lots of question askers in Na'vi (and one of the reasons that we're getting this offer is because we're willing to speak Na'vi in front of the non-Na'vi-speaking attendees). If you need any help coming up with a question (or questions), please see THIS TOPIC.

Prrton

Reset complete!

Please go see the original post immediately above again and start getting your tickets. I have no idea if or when the panel session might fill up.

Zefanaya

AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

Txur’Itan

I had already suspected this to be the case. 

They have a separate ticket counter for getting into the auditorium, and to specially hosted sessions and events. 

This counter is where we acquired tickets for the Cast and Crew sessions for the June meet up. 

You can buy tickets right at the counter, or go there for will-call if you ordered online. 

The discount for ordering online is a bit offset by the fact that will-call is sometimes slow to provide tickets for you if you attempt to check in early versus buying tickets at the counter there, where you will receive the ticket right away.  A bit backwards, but this seems to be the way things were run at that time.

I still think ordering ahead is a good idea, though.  Maybe will-call will be better organised this time.
私は太った男だ。

Lisa

Just finished buying my ticket...a very easy process.   :)

As Txur'Itan mentioned, the online tickets are will-call, so you won't get a physical ticket and will need to present ID at the counter.  Also, there is a small service charge when ordering online, although the ticketing company returns a portion of the service charge back to the community via non-profits/charity.   Which is a really nice idea...no greedy Ticketmaster here.   The service charge on the $10 ticket is $1.34.

Wou!   Really looking forward to this.   ;D
Oeru syaw "Tirea Ikran" kop slä frakrrmi layu oe "Grammar Skxawng"   :)

Zefanaya

Quote from: Txur'Itan on June 16, 2011, 10:12:25 PM

They have a separate ticket counter for getting into the auditorium, and to specially hosted sessions and events. 

This counter is where we acquired tickets for the Cast and Crew sessions for the June meet up. 

You can buy tickets right at the counter, or go there for will-call if you ordered online. 

The discount for ordering online is a bit offset by the fact that will-call is sometimes slow to provide tickets for you if you attempt to check in early versus buying tickets at the counter there, where you will receive the ticket right away.  A bit backwards, but this seems to be the way things were run at that time.

I still think ordering ahead is a good idea, though.  Maybe will-call will be better organised this time.

I had no problem June 4. Just walked right through.

Palulukan-Makto

Oel ngati kameie

Avatar is the greatest movie of all time!!!

"You have a strong heart. No fear. But stupid! Ignorant like a child!" - Neytiri

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

The process was straightforward. One less thing to be concerned about on event day....

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Zefanaya on June 17, 2011, 12:13:41 AM
Quote from: Txur'Itan on June 16, 2011, 10:12:25 PM

I had no problem June 4. Just walked right through.

I am fairly certain you and the rest of the group came to the counter after my third attempt at retrieving my tickets at will call.  It worked out for everyone else collecting them closer to the start time as they were not trying to work on something that involved wandering around and dong something besides just coming back and grabbing tickets at that time.  Also, I was attempting to reduce my round trips, but it was not possible, I got into the show, but it would have been preferable that they had my tickets ready sooner.
私は太った男だ。

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Txur'Itan on June 17, 2011, 05:36:42 AM
I am fairly certain you and the rest of the group came to the counter after my third attempt at retrieving my tickets at will call.  It worked out for everyone else collecting them closer to the start time as they were not trying to work on something that involved wandering around and dong something besides just coming back and grabbing tickets at that time.  Also, I was attempting to reduce my round trips, but it was not possible, I got into the show, but it would have been preferable that they had my tickets ready sooner.

How far in advance did you try to retrieve them?

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Txur’Itan

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on June 17, 2011, 06:47:25 AM
Quote from: Txur'Itan on June 17, 2011, 05:36:42 AM

How far in advance did you try to retrieve them?

That morning/afternoon on the same day, after the museum opened the exhibits, and we had gone through and seen those exhibits.
私は太った男だ。

Zefanaya