old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

I have pretty much 'hard' available dates now.

Much to my surprise, June worked out to be better than expected, and that is consistent with many others here.

June: All weeks OK, weekend of the 11th is slightly less preferable.

July: 9th best, 2nd second best, 15,23 next best, 30 not possible (but this might change).

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Raiden

Hmmmm...........

Not terribly active around here, but:

http://www.tree-of-souls.com/meetups/3503-our_descent_upon_exhibit_calling_all_u_s.html

I think a cross-forum meetup would be interesting. Most of us are planning to be out there on June 4th....I haven't read much of the thread, but if that was when you guys were going to be there, then it might work out okay.
Trouble keeps me running faster

Save the planet from disaster...

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Coordinating with another group would be tewti nang

Who is taking the initiative to organize this operation?

Yawey ngahu!

Sran that would be txantsan nì'aw to coordinate with another group.

As for coordinating this one, Prrton kinda was for a while, don't know if he still is. If you look back on pages like 7-8 you can see what he was planning.

-Txonä Rolyu

Edit: I found his post:

Quote from: Prrton on December 07, 2010, 05:32:03 PM
I have relatives in Seattle and we're generally there once a year or more. The SF half of the EMP is quite interesting, but not huge.

I'm going to ping K. Pawl and see if he'd be interested in doing an event at the museum while the show is up. If he is (if they aren't brewing something already), I'll try to figure out a way to see if they'll cooperate by providing an auditorium or other space that would lend itself to a largish, but manageable gathering, 1 to 3 different sessions (not sure what/how different yet), everyone coming will have to pay admission to the museum and maybe a bit more for the "special" whatever it is.

We'd likely need to think up "content" that would be potentially appealing to the general public as well to justify their doing something special.

If this were to happen on a Saturday in June, July or August 2011, who would come? How many people would you bring with you?

I'm in for 1 (me) and dragging Josh along = 2.

Total so far = 10

I'm not sure what the progress on the "special event" is.

I know most of us have voted for June, but I have a very good friend who won't be available until at least July 1st. Is there a possibility we could do this the 2nd or the 9th? Also, were we planning on making a weekend of this or just a 1-day thing? I believe there was talk of  a weekend trip early on. I'll see of I can find those posts and edit this one when I do.

-Txonä Rolyu

Tìsung: Double post...that happens to be my 600th! ;D

Edit: I found these discussions of hotels from TunVrrtep:
Quote from: TunVrrtep on December 03, 2010, 09:05:14 AM
Quote from: Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on December 02, 2010, 10:39:21 PM
Quote from: TunVrrtep on December 02, 2010, 09:09:01 PM
You know if you can decide on a date, I can see if my cousin's company has a hotel in Seattle.  I can see if he can give us a good deal on rooms.  Ya never know!
ta TunVrrtep

Oh that would be awesome! How far in advance would you need to know a date? I could start a thread in the Calendar board in a few months, like February or something. The event is still quite far off.

-Txonä Rolyu

I'd need a month notice to let him know and I'd need a count by then.  So if people are going they would need to let us know by a month before the date we plan to have the meetup.
Then I will call my cousin and get a price.
Let me make sure he has a hotel in Seattle first though. 
ta TunVrrtep

Quote from: TunVrrtep on December 12, 2010, 10:56:40 PM
I should have said, maybe we could get you to put it up a bit closer to when we plan to go.  I'm a little tired tonight. 
I will need a count by a month before the trip and my cousin does have a hotel in Seattle. I'm not sure what the price would be yet because we're so far away from it.  I'll have more info probably about 3 months before.
ta TV

I haven't heard anything further from TunVrrtep about this hotel her cousin has though. That'd be awesome if we could get a good deal on rooms and make a weekend out of this.

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on January 22, 2011, 04:41:43 AM
I know most of us have voted for June, but I have a very good friend who won't be available until at least July 1st. Is there a possibility we could do this the 2nd or the 9th? Also, were we planning on making a weekend of this or just a 1-day thing? I believe there was talk of  a weekend trip early on. I'll see of I can find those posts and edit this one when I do.

-Txonä Rolyu

You know if you can decide on a date, I can see if my cousin's company has a hotel in Seattle.  I can see if he can give us a good deal on rooms.  Ya never know!
ta TunVrrtep

Oh that would be awesome! How far in advance would you need to know a date? I could start a thread in the Calendar board in a few months, like February or something. The event is still quite far off.

-Txonä Rolyu

I'd need a month notice to let him know and I'd need a count by then.  So if people are going they would need to let us know by a month before the date we plan to have the meetup.
ta TunVrrtep

I should have said, maybe we could get you to put it up a bit closer to when we plan to go.  I'm a little tired tonight. 
I will need a count by a month before the trip and my cousin does have a hotel in Seattle. I'm not sure what the price would be yet because we're so far away from it.  I'll have more info probably about 3 months before.
ta TV

I haven't heard anything further from TunVrrtep about this hotel her cousin has though. That'd be awesome if we could get a good deal on rooms and make a weekend out of this.

true, it would be awesome if most of the rooms were taken up by learnnavi users.  ;D

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

Maria TunVrrtep

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on January 22, 2011, 04:41:43 AM

-Txonä Rolyu

ta TunVrrtep

-Txonä Rolyu

ta TunVrrtep

ta TV

I did speak to my cousin.  I can't remember the name of the hotel now.  But he can give us a discounted price.  However I can't even get a price til I have an idea of how many people are going to need rooms.  And I'll need to know that about a month before we have the meetup. 

So til I get an idea of when exactly we're going to be going to the museum, I can't really do much more. 

Whatever hotel it is will be a really nice one.  My cousin is the CFO of Driftwood Property Management.  They manage really nice hotels all over the country. 

ta TunVrrtep
"Ke'u ke lu law a krr frakem tsunslu." -
    Margaret Drabble
("When nothing is sure, everything is possible.")

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Will the hotel provide ikran parking? Toruk parking? (A Toruk's wings would nicely match the exterior of the EMP building) Can your palulukan stay in the room with you?  ;D

All kidding aside, what we need more than anything else is a date for the event. And will this be a 1 day event or 2 (One day for the museum, one day just to be together with everyone/ other planned activities)?

Yawey ngahu!

Quote from: TunVrrtep on January 27, 2011, 09:33:22 PM
I did speak to my cousin.  I can't remember the name of the hotel now.  But he can give us a discounted price.  However I can't even get a price til I have an idea of how many people are going to need rooms.  And I'll need to know that about a month before we have the meetup. 

So til I get an idea of when exactly we're going to be going to the museum, I can't really do much more. 

Whatever hotel it is will be a really nice one.  My cousin is the CFO of Driftwood Property Management.  They manage really nice hotels all over the country. 

ta TunVrrtep

Txantsana fmawn nìngay! I'll message Prrton soon and see if he's heard anything from Karyu Pawl about the "special event" and if he's still keeping count of attendees like he was.

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on January 28, 2011, 12:05:59 AM
Will the hotel provide ikran parking? Toruk parking? (A Toruk's wings would nicely match the exterior of the EMP building) Can your palulukan stay in the room with you?  ;D

All kidding aside, what we need more than anything else is a date for the event. And will this be a 1 day event or 2 (One day for the museum, one day just to be together with everyone/ other planned activities)?

Well, a while back I suggested early July like the 2nd or the 9th because I a good friend of mine is unavailable till then. How does July 2nd or 9th sound for everyone? I understand if the 2nd don't work with it being so close to the holiday.

-Txonä Rolyu

Amaya

close to two holidays actually, by which point you might believe the 9th is better in my case, at least...

Maria TunVrrtep

1.  I'm sure the hotel has parking as well as a shuttle service to the airport but I'd have to check on the shuttle service part.  Like I said it will be a really nice hotel.
2.  I was planning to fly up on Friday and home on Sunday.  I figured that I'd probably do something on Friday night and depending on the timing of a flight Sunday morning.  Whatever weekend it is I'd like to stay away from July 4th weekend.  It's just a little too touristy. 
3.  The first thing we need is a date then I can get the ball rolling with my cousin and the hotel.  After I get a date, I can get prices (possibly) but definitely get a confirmation from him about the fact that we'll have enough rooms.  I'll need a final count by a month before the event. 
4.  I hope that the hotel is close to the museum so we don't have to go too far or everyone have to rent cars or something.  If it's not that close, we may want to look into renting one of those big bus things that you can rent for weddings and stuff.  I would suggest someone who lives in Seattle or somewhere close to there who can get the information we'd need would be the best person to contact the company to do that if we need it.  But again, until we know where the hotel is it's a moot point.

Any other questions? 

ta TunVrrtep
    Margaret Drabble

Quote from: TunVrrtep on January 28, 2011, 08:29:07 AM
1.  I'm sure the hotel has parking as well as a shuttle service to the airport but I'd have to check on the shuttle service part.  Like I said it will be a really nice hotel.
2.  I was planning to fly up on Friday and home on Sunday.  I figured that I'd probably do something on Friday night and depending on the timing of a flight Sunday morning.  Whatever weekend it is I'd like to stay away from July 4th weekend.  It's just a little too touristy. 
3.  The first thing we need is a date then I can get the ball rolling with my cousin and the hotel.  After I get a date, I can get prices (possibly) but definitely get a confirmation from him about the fact that we'll have enough rooms.  I'll need a final count by a month before the event. 
4.  I hope that the hotel is close to the museum so we don't have to go too far or everyone have to rent cars or something.  If it's not that close, we may want to look into renting one of those big bus things that you can rent for weddings and stuff.  I would suggest someone who lives in Seattle or somewhere close to there who can get the information we'd need would be the best person to contact the company to do that if we need it.  But again, until we know where the hotel is it's a moot point.

Any other questions? 

ta TunVrrtep

Well I just messaged Prrton to see if anything has been coordinated at the museum and stuff and I suggested the weekend of July 9th...is that good for you ma TunVrrtep? What about everyone else? We need to decide on a date!

-Txonä Rolyu

ToktorGrace

Im literally trying to get a job right now JUST to go to this with Payoang ...

Meanwhile, this is shaping up to look a little.. could it be our first Avatarcon? (or something similar)...
Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary to what we know about nature.  - St. Augustine

I speak Na'vi with a French accent...

Txura Rolyu

Avatarcon... sounds like fun. I will bring my tail.  :P

Is the date decided to be the 9th? How are we gonna room people together or are we gonna have indiviual rooms? I know that I will have a summer job that will most likely make me good enough money to fly there and back, but I wouldnt want to spend 80$ a night on top of that. I aint no rich kid  ;).

I will keep checking in to see what the progress of this is. I know it is a ways off but good job planning so early.
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

July 9th works for me. June, especially early June is starting to get iffy, anyway.

Yawey ngahu!

Ekirä

Can't guarantee that I can come, but if my family isn't in the process of moving at that time July 9th works for me.

Maria TunVrrtep

July 9 works for me as well. 
I will find out from my cousin how many people can fit in a room.  But with the hotels they have, I can guarantee that the hotel will probably be around $80 a night, discounted.  The hotels they have here in Houston are well over $100 a night.  One is around $150.  Like I said, REALLY upscale hotels!
It may be a good idea to have a form of some sort that we can all fill out.  Is that possible?  Then it can be sent to someone by email and that person could do the room assignments.  Or everyone gets together and figures out who's going and they pick who they're going to room with.
Since this is a family show, so to speak, we should probably put the ladies together and the men together.  Unless there's a reason not to do that.
So big question ... is there a way to do a form of some type that people fill out electronically and then it gets sent electronically to someone who can do the room assignments?

ta TunVrrtep
    Margaret Drabble

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

July the 9th is a couple of days after my birthday! :D hrh
I don't guarantee I'd be able to come but, in any case, this date would have chances to work. So that's good for me! :)