Seattle Museum.

Started by Ekirä, December 01, 2010, 12:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Quote from: Ekirä on January 30, 2011, 05:36:00 PM
Ngìmop. :D

Irayo seiyi ma Ekirä :)

-Txonä Rolyu

Big Note: For everyone answering "Maybe," the deadline to decide is June 9th. We must have our final count to TunVrrtep by this time so we can get hotel rooms.

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on January 30, 2011, 05:49:18 PM
Quote from: Ekirä on January 30, 2011, 05:36:00 PM
Ngìmop. :D

Irayo seiyi ma Ekirä :)

-Txonä Rolyu

Big Note: For everyone answering "Maybe," the deadline to decide is June 9th. We must have our final count to TunVrrtep by this time so we can get hotel rooms.

Thank you for the note! I shall be able to verify if I can come before then. :) Perhaps it should be written somewhere quickly noticeable so everyone sees it :D

Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on January 30, 2011, 06:03:23 PM
Thank you for the note! I shall be able to verify if I can come before then. :) Perhaps it should be written somewhere quickly noticeable so everyone sees it :D

Hmmm, ma Ekirä can you edit the poll?

-Txonä Rolyu

ToktorGrace

You might also want to put this on the "events" board? Since its looking pretty sweet.

The only problem I might have at this point is scraping enough cash together to do this.. but the deadline looks good and I'll definitely know by then.

:) Yay!
Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary to what we know about nature.  - St. Augustine

I speak Na'vi with a French accent...

Ekirä

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on January 30, 2011, 06:05:38 PM

-Txonä Rolyu

Edited. If it needs rewording, please tell me. XD

Jane MacMillan

Srane, July 9th works for me. I live in Seattle, so I won't be staying in a hotel room, but I will totally come in costume as my AVTR driver. I'd be happy to do facepaint or other simple makeup designs for people as well. Oh, and I have extra hemp cord for making bracelets and jewelry, if people would like to do that as an activity.

Quote from: Ekirä on January 30, 2011, 09:12:06 PM
Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on January 30, 2011, 06:05:38 PM

-Txonä Rolyu

Edited. If it needs rewording, please tell me. XD

Looks fine, thanks :)

-Txonä Rolyu

Txura Rolyu

I cant wait for all of this to happen already  ;D
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

My time-off request has been approved for the days surrounding July 9th. Although I had already signed up as a definite, I am now fully confirmed!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

AketuanNavi

Kaltxi everyone!

I'm a member on several other Avatar forums (ToS, AF) and thought I would join your community. This particular thread interested me because I am planning on going to Seattle to see the exhibit. I wasn't sure on a time/date yet...some other forum members are going at different dates or not going at all. I definitely want to go with some Avatar fans and spend the weekend up in Seattle and maybe learn some Na'vi.  :) 

Is it for sure going to be the 9th of July? What are the details on hotel rooms/discounts? How many people are going?

Also I am planning on driving up from Colorado, and I need some people to travel with (for carpooling gas money/Avatar discussions/more fun!) If anyone needs a ride in the Colorado/Nevada/California/Montana/Wyoming/Oregon/Washington/Idaho/Utah areas, I would love someone to travel with. I have room for 5 in my car.

-Thanks,
-Kevin

Quote from: AketuanNavi on February 04, 2011, 02:05:47 AM
Kaltxi everyone!

I'm a member on several other Avatar forums (ToS, AF) and thought I would join your community. This particular thread interested me because I am planning on going to Seattle to see the exhibit. I wasn't sure on a time/date yet...some other forum members are going at different dates or not going at all. I definitely want to go with some Avatar fans and spend the weekend up in Seattle and maybe learn some Na'vi.  :) 

Is it for sure going to be the 9th of July? What are the details on hotel rooms/discounts? How many people are going?

Also I am planning on driving up from Colorado, and I need some people to travel with (for carpooling gas money/Avatar discussions/more fun!) If anyone needs a ride in the Colorado/Nevada/California/Montana/Wyoming/Oregon/Washington/Idaho/Utah areas, I would love someone to travel with. I have room for 5 in my car.

-Thanks,
-Kevin
Tse kaltxì ma tsmukan ulte ne fìsoaia leNa'vi zola'u nìprrte'!

I only have an answer to one of your questions at this point: yes, the official date of our meetup will be July 9th. I am working on getting on official count for the trip with the poll here in the thread. We do have connections to get hotel rooms at a discount, but I don't know what the price per room per night would be yet. We haven't hammered all this stuff out. I'm sure we'll have it figured out soon enough though :) And I'd be happy to help you with learning Na'vi, I am a Na'vi teacher :) I live in SW Washington and I'm already taking at least one other person with me, you're welcome to park in WA (possibly at my house if my parents are agreeable.) and ride with us, or I can talk to my friend(s) and see if we can all ride with you :)

-Txonä Rolyu

PS I love your sig bar!

ToktorGrace

As far as driving goes - if I'm able to go (and Im going to do my best - will update on the "maybe's" list ASAP) I will be driving from the Bay Area, CA. If anyone in the area needs a ride I can carpool with one or two others (Payoang already has a seat in my car XD)

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary to what we know about nature.  - St. Augustine

I speak Na'vi with a French accent...

AketuanNavi

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on February 04, 2011, 02:16:19 AM

I only have an answer to one of your questions at this point: yes, the official date of our meetup will be July 9th. I am working on getting on official count for the trip with the poll here in the thread. We do have connections to get hotel rooms at a discount, but I don't know what the price per room per night would be yet. We haven't hammered all this stuff out. I'm sure we'll have it figured out soon enough though :) And I'd be happy to help you with learning Na'vi, I am a Na'vi teacher :) I live in SW Washington and I'm already taking at least one other person with me, you're welcome to park in WA (possibly at my house if my parents are agreeable.) and ride with us, or I can talk to my friend(s) and see if we can all ride with you :)

-Txonä Rolyu

PS I love your sig bar!

About the Seattle trip, that sounds great. If I could find someone closer to Colorado to travel with to SW Washington, then meet up with you and your group and go to the museum? Or in any case just meet you in SW Washington and head up...I'm sure as the date gets closer we will have a better idea of who can go from where.

Also about learning Na'vi, I am extremely interested. I looked into the Project Ngaynume as the option that might work out best for me. Are you the teacher for the Western US? I don't know if classes started back in January, or if a class will start up any time soon, but if you give me the details I would love to learn!

Quote from: AketuanNavi on February 04, 2011, 11:37:49 AM
Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on February 04, 2011, 02:16:19 AM

-Txonä Rolyu

PS I love your sig bar!

About the Seattle trip, that sounds great. If I could find someone closer to Colorado to travel with to SW Washington, then meet up with you and your group and go to the museum? Or in any case just meet you in SW Washington and head up...I'm sure as the date gets closer we will have a better idea of who can go from where.

Also about learning Na'vi, I am extremely interested. I looked into the Project Ngaynume as the option that might work out best for me. Are you the teacher for the Western US? I don't know if classes started back in January, or if a class will start up any time soon, but if you give me the details I would love to learn!

Oh yeah, I'm sure we can figure travel stuff out in the next few months leading up to the trip :)

(Spoiler because this is off-topic content)

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Kevin,
    If you are passing through the Reno area on your Seattle-ward journey (and it is one of just two possible practical routes through Nevada from Colorado), I would consider joining your carpool. I am planning, as part of my trip to visit some TV stations along the way, to do some research on the design of production control rooms. This might interest some of the participants. But the camaraderie would be great, it would help hold costs down 9which isimportant this year), and I, too can teach basic Na`vi (not by any means a master yet!).

Keep us posted on what your ideas are for this trip, and lets see what we can put together.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

AketuanNavi

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on February 04, 2011, 04:50:43 PM
Kevin,
    If you are passing through the Reno area on your Seattle-ward journey (and it is one of just two possible practical routes through Nevada from Colorado), I would consider joining your carpool. I am planning, as part of my trip to visit some TV stations along the way, to do some research on the design of production control rooms. This might interest some of the participants. But the camaraderie would be great, it would help hold costs down 9which isimportant this year), and I, too can teach basic Na`vi (not by any means a master yet!).

Keep us posted on what your ideas are for this trip, and lets see what we can put together.

Yeah, I would be interested at looking at those control rooms, I am studying to become a computer/Electrical Engineer. Yeah I think I could definitely swing by Reno on the way up. We could join Txona Rolyu in SW Washington on the way up. Maybe we could get a few more to join us, but I'm up for anything.

Txura Rolyu

I think I might just fly to Portland rather than into Seattle if it is more cost effective. There seem to be a lot of talk of carpooling form there.
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: AketuanNavi on February 04, 2011, 02:05:47 AM
Kaltxi everyone!

-Thanks,
-Kevin

Colorado you say?  Txantsan ;D  I'm in Colorado too....

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Quote from: Txura Rolyu on February 05, 2011, 12:04:34 AM
I think I might just fly to Portland rather than into Seattle if it is more cost effective. There seem to be a lot of talk of carpooling form there.

Oooh yes, you can ride with Kay and me :) Looks like my car will be full if things work out. Cuz it'll be you, me, Kay, 'Eylan, and AketuanNa'vi. I can only take 4 in my car...and that's if we squeeze. Txantsan! I get to drive to Seattle with my car full of Avatar fans! (Or so I hope)

-Txonä Rolyu