Seattle Museum.

Started by Ekirä, December 01, 2010, 12:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AketuanNavi

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on February 05, 2011, 02:32:36 AM
Oooh yes, you can ride with Kay and me :) Looks like my car will be full if things work out. Cuz it'll be you, me, Kay, 'Eylan, and AketuanNa'vi. I can only take 4 in my car...and that's if we squeeze. Txantsan! I get to drive to Seattle with my car full of Avatar fans! (Or so I hope)

-Txonä Rolyu

Keep that seat open for me.  :) I'm pretty sure I can make it. Probably through Reno to pick up 'Eylan if it works out...
Quote from: Sxkxawng alu 'Oma Tirea on February 05, 2011, 02:21:51 AM
Colorado you say?  Txantsan ;D  I'm in Colorado too....

Awesome!! Any chance you want to carpool with us? And if we get too many people once we hit SW Washington, we could have a caravan head up to Seattle. Maybe have radio communication between the cars and such...  :)

'Oma Tirea

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Quote from: AketuanNavi on February 05, 2011, 02:39:34 AM
Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on February 05, 2011, 02:32:36 AM
Oooh yes, you can ride with Kay and me :) Looks like my car will be full if things work out. Cuz it'll be you, me, Kay, 'Eylan, and AketuanNa'vi. I can only take 4 in my car...and that's if we squeeze. Txantsan! I get to drive to Seattle with my car full of Avatar fans! (Or so I hope)

-Txonä Rolyu

Keep that seat open for me.  :) I'm pretty sure I can make it. Probably through Reno to pick up 'Eylan if it works out...
Quote from: Sxkxawng alu 'Oma Tirea on February 05, 2011, 02:21:51 AM
Colorado you say?  Txantsan ;D  I'm in Colorado too....

Awesome!! Any chance you want to carpool with us? And if we get too many people once we hit SW Washington, we could have a caravan head up to Seattle. Maybe have radio communication between the cars and such...  :)

Txonä Rolyur sunu fì'u

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Puvomun

Quote from: AketuanNavi on February 05, 2011, 02:39:34 AM
Maybe have radio communication between the cars and such...  :)
And have short Na'vi tails hanging from the rear bumper... :D
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

And if numbers get too much for one vehicle, I can contribute a vehicle and increase our 'convoy's overall capacity. A Na`vi tail on the car will go well along with the license plate 'lionman'!

And what a crew we have building up here!

Radio communication was mentioned. Are any of you ham radio operators? (I am NS9E)

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Txura Rolyu

Quote from: Puvomun on February 05, 2011, 03:56:20 AM
And have short Na'vi tails hanging from the rear bumper... :D

O.o why would we have Na'vi in the trunk with their tails smashed under the lid?

Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Txura Rolyu

Just looked at the cost of Southwest airfare. The whole round trip would cost me 240$ without tax.

Then I would need food money and souvenir money. I dont know how much to take but I need a way to come up with that 264$ for the planes.
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Tirea Atstunwi

Quote from: Puvomun on December 01, 2010, 02:24:41 PM
Quote from: Hufwe Atxur on December 01, 2010, 02:16:39 PM
Why is this always nearly 9.000 kilometers away from my hometown?? Rutxe, rutxe make photos!
Because they don't want to move Seattle closer to Europe. Mltte, fo lu ayskxawng!!
Mllte, if the exhibition comes to Europe, in any country the exhibition comes, I will go to visit it. One thing for sure: The exhibition UNFORTUNATELLY will never come to Greece. (Our politicians spoil the name of Greece and they send us in the International Monetary Fund).

Puvomun

Quote from: Tirea Atstunwi on February 21, 2011, 07:07:02 AM
Why is this always nearly 9.000 kilometers away from my hometown?? Rutxe, rutxe make photos!
Because they don't want to move Seattle closer to Europe. Mltte, fo lu ayskxawng!!
Mllte, if the exhibition comes to Europe, in any country the exhibition comes, I will go to visit it. One thing for sure: The exhibition UNFORTUNATELLY will never come to Greece. (Our politicians spoil the name of Greece and they send us in the International Monetary Fund).
Which is too bad, because Hellas lu yawne loer. I love Greece...
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Hmmm. I hope the "maybes" will know soon if they can come for sure or not. 6 people isn't much of a crowd...

-Txonä Rolyu

ToktorGrace

Plans for summer are beginning to settle a bit more - I'm still not absolutely 100% sure about it but Im sure enough I'm going to change to a "YES" - there is a small chance something will go wrong but Im going to do my absolute best to be there.

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary to what we know about nature.  - St. Augustine

I speak Na'vi with a French accent...

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Hm, I think it will unfortunately not work for me.. :-[

Tirea Atstunwi

Quote from: Puvomun on February 21, 2011, 10:40:47 AM
Quote from: Tirea Atstunwi on February 21, 2011, 07:07:02 AM
Which is too bad, because Hellas lu yawne loer. I love Greece...
Ik heb nog nooit geweest maar ik heb gehoord, en Nederland moet een boete land zijn. ;)

Let's not stray too far from the topic of this thread :)

-Txonä Rolyu

Alan

Kaltxi folks,

I'm Alan and I've been a member on both Avatar-Forums and Tree of Souls from just about the beginning.  In fact if some of you are on these forums as well you may know me.  Anyway like you sìltsan aysumkan sì aysmuke, we are looking to decend on Seattle too, for the Avatar Exhibition.  You can read through the thread here: http://www.tree-of-souls.com/meetups/3503-our_descent_upon_exhibit_calling_all_u_s-2.html

Through our discussions we have thought how wonderful it would be for members from all the 'clans' to come together at this event.  Consequently I said I would join here and let you good folks know what we were planning for you to join in with us.  Anyway as I scrolled down the thread I noticed a link back to this thread here on LearnNa'vi.  So here I am!  :)

I've read through your thread and, like us, you have vast amounts of enthusiasm for a meet up in Seattle too.  The only down side for both of us is that we are planning to meet up on different dates.  :P Ahhh You know, we need Toruk Maktu!  Where's Jake Sulley when you need him?  I bet he is off with Neytiri again!  Oh well, here we are.

So when are we on AF and ToS planning to go to Seattle? Well, we've arranged to go on the 4th June - opening day for the Avatar Exhibition.  We have also been doing some research and planning like yourselves.  At the moment we are looking into getting a group discount into the Avatar Exhibition.  We have also contacted the IMAX cinema just round the corner from the Science Fiction Museum to see if they will show Avatar SE 3D for us and they've replied saying they are looking into it.  Finally we have been looking to getting a group discount on hotel accommodation, which we have managed to get at the Travelodge about ten minutes walk from the Science Museum.  The deal we have is as follows:

-We can have a group booking and get 15% off the normal price.
-This means the weeknight rate will be $110, the weekend rate will be $144. This does not include tax, but with 15% off, it is effectively tax free! Of course if a room is shared it works out half price price is halved.
-For those going by car there will be a $10 parking fee per day.
-Breakfast is included, both cold and cooked breakfast is available (no Taylu or Sturmbeest though!).
-There is also a gym, outdoor pool and hot tube for use included.
-We are not fixed to a duration as long as it includes the weekend of 4th and 5th June.
-We will be able to make the bookings individually although this cannot be done online. Instead they will take the bookings via either email or by telephone.

I've asked for the contact details to be forwarded to us so people can make their own bookings and that is as far as we have got.

Apologies if anyone feels I am treading on anyone's toes.  This is not my intention by any means.  I really wish you every success with your meet-up on 9th July and if you are looking for a place to stay under one roof I can really recommend the Travelodge.  They have been so accommodating of us.  I did notice that some might not be able to make the 9th July so if they are available over the weekend of the 4th June they are more than welcome to join us.  We have posted the invite on Na'viBlue, Avatar Prime and Avatar Wiki, as well as AF.  Appologies for being slow in getting across here.  I'm just a skxawng. :D  Hope the above is of interest anyway.

Eywa ngahu ma asymukan sì aysmuke,

Alan

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Alan,
    I remember reading your post and visiting your nice site. I also remember you were targeting June 4th. I kind of thought that might catch on here, but it didn't.
    Since you asked about us changing our date, what are the possibilities you your folks changing their date? I know things are more problematic for you-- overseas travel, plane tickets, etc.
    I am not asking this to be rude in any way, but just to put all the possible options on the table.
    In the end, it would be really txantsan to have both groups there on the same day. But I also realize that this is probably not going to happen. That said, maybe some of your folks that can't accommodate June 4th can accommodate July 9th. And some of our folks that cannot accommodate July 9th might be able to do June 4th. So 2 different events would then be OK.
    What would be truly wou is if a different Na`vi/Avatar fan group could be there each weekend of the exhibit!
    In any case, lets keep the discussion open on this so a decision or plan change can be reached fairly soon. For a lot of folks here, scheduling travel time is not something that is very flexible due to work, school, etc.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Alan

Kaltxi `Eylan Ayfalulukanä,

Irayo for getting back to me so quickly :)

Oh, please don't miss-understand me.  Far from it.  I am not asking anyone to change the dates of their visit.  In my last paragraph I wished you well for your visit on 9th July. :)  Apologies for any confusion.

My reason for posting was to share what we were doing and also let folks know that if they could not make your 9th July visit they would be more than welcome to join us on the 4th June.  Indeed I will be there from 2nd June until the 7th.  Hopefully it will give me some time to explore with my travelling companion from New York.  (I'm coming over from the UK and stopping in New York for a week - it'll help me adjust to the time difference - Ha, ha, ha!)

I will certainly post your meeting date on ToS and AF so, like you say, anyone who can't make the 4th June can join you on the 9th July.

Yeah it would be great to keep each other informed of our visit plans.  Seattle Science Fiction Museum is going to wonder what hit them! He, he, he. :D

Lets stay in touch.  This is sìltsan!

Alan
Kiyevame,
Alan

Tewti txantsan nì'aw nang! I'm just looking at this thread and I'm LOVIN where things are going! That would be soooo beyond epic if we has another group join us. Sadly June 4th is out of the question for me as it is still during school so I will not be able to join you guys :( Buuut, if you can join us....we will take that museum by storm! Lol.

Our group also has someone with connections who can get us a hotel at a discount. Last price I heard was like....$80/night? I wonder if she's seen this thread lately...I'll message her.

Please do keep us informed about the happenings of your group Alan, and if any or all of you can join us. Fwa aynga ayoehu za'u lirvu ayoeru tìprrte' anawm.

-Txonä Rolyu

Payoang

Quote from: Alan on February 27, 2011, 05:04:35 PM

Hai! About time you showed up here :)

I might have to try to make this meet-up as well. Considering it's opening day and all. Is there an RSVP thing somewhere~?

Alan

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on February 28, 2011, 12:44:27 PM
Tewti txantsan nì'aw nang! I'm just looking at this thread and I'm LOVIN where things are going! ... Buuut, if you can join us....we will take that museum by storm! Lol.

Wish I could but we've made arrangements for the 4th June and my trip for the UK is kinda testing the lining of my wallet!  :P

QuoteOur group also has someone with connections who can get us a hotel at a discount. Last price I heard was like....$80/night? I wonder if she's seen this thread lately...I'll message her.

We've managed to get 15% knocked off the room price so it comes to $110 per week night and $144 on weekend nights.  But people are looking to share rooms which will halve this cost.  We kinda feel fortunate in that the hotel is ten minutes walk from the Science Fiction Museum.  So we kinda roll out of bed and we're there!

QuotePlease do keep us informed about the happenings of your group Alan, and if any or all of you can join us. Fwa aynga ayoehu za'u lirvu ayoeru tìprrte' anawm.

Will do.  I'll do my best to let folks know on the other forums that there is another Avatar Fan visit on 9th July.  It's just a shame we didn't get together before had to decide on a date.  But maybe having multiple dates is better as it allows people to pick which is best for them and also know they will be amongst friends.

Kiyevame,

Alan