Seattle Museum.

Started by Ekirä, December 01, 2010, 12:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Quote from: Alan on February 28, 2011, 03:16:45 PM
Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on February 28, 2011, 12:44:27 PM
Tewti txantsan nì'aw nang! I'm just looking at this thread and I'm LOVIN where things are going! ... Buuut, if you can join us....we will take that museum by storm! Lol.

Wish I could but we've made arrangements for the 4th June and my trip for the UK is kinda testing the lining of my wallet!  :P

Hmm, IF I can afford the gas, I might shoot up to Seattle that Saturday just for the day to hang out with you guys :)

QuoteOur group also has someone with connections who can get us a hotel at a discount. Last price I heard was like....$80/night? I wonder if she's seen this thread lately...I'll message her.

We've managed to get 15% knocked off the room price so it comes to $110 per week night and $144 on weekend nights.  But people are looking to share rooms which will halve this cost.  We kinda feel fortunate in that the hotel is ten minutes walk from the Science Fiction Museum.  So we kinda roll out of bed and we're there!

Sran, that is a good deal! We'll keep Travelodge in mind.

QuotePlease do keep us informed about the happenings of your group Alan, and if any or all of you can join us. Fwa aynga ayoehu za'u lirvu ayoeru tìprrte' anawm.

Will do.  I'll do my best to let folks know on the other forums that there is another Avatar Fan visit on 9th July.  It's just a shame we didn't get together before had to decide on a date.  But maybe having multiple dates is better as it allows people to pick which is best for them and also know they will be amongst friends.

Kiyevame,

Alan

Sran 2 dates would probably make it easier for people, but to be honest, I'm more of a...."group glomp" person lol. Plus I'd love to meet people from another forum!

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Alan

Quote from: Payoang on February 28, 2011, 01:46:25 PM
Quote from: Alan on February 27, 2011, 05:04:35 PM

Hai! About time you showed up here :)

I might have to try to make this meet-up as well. Considering it's opening day and all. Is there an RSVP thing somewhere~?

Kaltxi Payoang!  :)  Yeah, it'd be great if you could.  That's the reason it was picked to go on the 4th June, simply because it was opening day for the exhibition and folks just wanted to be there for then.  At the moment there are seven over us down for that weekend.  I must admit I only stumbled upon the thread on ToS by accident and with 2010 being such and amazing year for me, because of Avatar and what we got up to on AF and ToS with a film project, I just thought this was an opportunity to 'take it to a whole new level'!  ;D

Not sure what you mean by RSVP, but I hope to be posting details soon about how to book the rooms at the Travelodge we will be staying at.

I'm just wondering what is the best way to work out who will be going to which gathering?  Would it be best for me to copy the link to this thread on the other forums so anyone thinking of going on the 9th July can register their interest here and vice-versa so anyone wanting to attend on the 4th June goes to the ToS thread?  Any thoughts?

AketuanNavi

Hmm, IF I can afford the gas, I might shoot up to Seattle that Saturday just for the day to hang out with you guys :)

Kaltxi again Txona Rolyu!!
I know I haven't been around for a while, but I have decided to go to Seattle, with the ToS group on June 4th. I will be flying out from Colorado. It would be awesome if you could join us for that weekend. (We could finally finish some Na'vi lessons... :) ) I'll keep you posted, but it should be a fun trip.

@Alan: (we meet on yet another online forum...  :)  ) Good idea on posting that info here as well.

About how to keep things straight, we could post the links of all of the threads from all of the forums into every thread in every forum... or we could have a group email system? Maybe collect everyones email who is interested in going and send out mass updates when something new is found out on one of the threads???

here is the main one right now that I know of from ToS that has the most up to date info.
http://www.tree-of-souls.com/meetups/3503-our_descent_upon_exhibit_calling_all_u_s-5.html#post131233

and from Avatar-Forums
http://www.avatar-forums.com/showthread.php?t=13958&p=354845#post354845

ToktorGrace

*grumbles* between lack of funds and the fact that my final exams will be the days following June 4th there is absolutely no way I can go then. Hope you guys have fun.    :(

I'm still down for the 9th of July though.

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary to what we know about nature.  - St. Augustine

I speak Na'vi with a French accent...

Quote from: AketuanNavi on February 28, 2011, 04:00:20 PM

Kaltxi again Txona Rolyu!!
I know I haven't been around for a while, but I have decided to go to Seattle, with the ToS group on June 4th. I will be flying out from Colorado. It would be awesome if you could join us for that weekend. (We could finally finish some Na'vi lessons... :) ) I'll keep you posted, but it should be a fun trip.

Kaltxì nìmun ma Aketuan! Good to hear from you. Too bad you can't come with us on July 9th, but like I said, I'll see what I can do to get up there just for the day on Saturday June 4th. I might actually fly because I have a connection with Horizon Air.

@Alan: (we meet on yet another online forum...  :)  ) Good idea on posting that info here as well.
About how to keep things straight, we could post the links of all of the threads from all of the forums into every thread in every forum... or we could have a group email system? Maybe collect everyones email who is interested in going and send out mass updates when something new is found out on one of the threads???

here is the main one right now that I know of from ToS that has the most up to date info.
http://www.tree-of-souls.com/meetups/3503-our_descent_upon_exhibit_calling_all_u_s-5.html#post131233

and from Avatar-Forums
http://www.avatar-forums.com/showthread.php?t=13958&p=354845#post354845

I like the idea of a mass e-mail list :)

-Txonä Rolyu

Alan

Ahhh, yes.  We meet again!  Some time soon it will be face to face... ;D

QuoteAbout how to keep things straight, we could post the links of all of the threads from all of the forums into every thread in every forum... or we could have a group email system? Maybe collect everyones email who is interested in going and send out mass updates when something new is found out on one of the threads???

Cracking idea!  I've posted links to this thread on AF and ToS so anyone not being able to make the 4th June has the option of joining the clan here on the 9th July.  We'll get these meetups going if its the last thing I do before a Thanator decides its hungry and I'm stood in front of it!  :D

Hey not sure if folks here have been able to find some accommodation, but if you are still looking for somewhere I can recommend the Travelodge were we will be stay for their willingness to meet our needs.  I'll be posting detail of how to book a room there for anyone who is able to make the 4th June shortly.

AketuanNavi

hello.  :)

Just wanted to let everyone know that we set up an official (sort of :P ) mass email system for everyone interested in going to Seattle to see the Avatar Exhibit. There are two groups currently planning a trip, one on June 4th (ToS based) and one on July 9th (LN based), and anyone is welcome to join either group. Due to the multitude of threads floating around several forums, it will simplify things to create an email system.

Even if you don't know if you can join either group, you should sign up for the emails to get all of the up-to-date information. :)

So... the official email address is [email protected]

All you have to do is send me your email address. Be sure and include your forum and username when sending the email. (You can send me a pm or send an email to ikrannews.)

There will be two types of "newletters" sent out. One will be "Critical Information" and will include things like meeting times, information changes, hotel bookings...ect
The other will be "fun information" which will include people's ideas of what to do in Seattle, places to eat...ect

Thanks!
-Aketuan

Alan

Way to go Aketuan!  The Seattle Avatar Exhibit New Desk Anchor Man!  YAY!!

Ok folks, we now have the arrangements for our accommodation finalised, so just to recap:

The following info is for anyone wishing to go to the Seattle Avatar Fan meet-up for the long awaited opening of the Avatar Exhibition at the Science Fiction Museum over the weekend of 4th and 5th June.

The deal is as follows:

• The hotel we will be staying at is the Travelodge located on 200 6th Ave N Seattle.
  • This hotel is a ten minute walk from the Science Fiction Museum and Science Park
  • The group booking discount we have been able to get is 15% off the normal price.
  • This means the weeknight rate will be $110, the weekend rate will be $144. This does not include tax, but with 15% off, it is effectively tax free! Of course if you share a room the price is halved.
  • If you are taking a car there will be a $10 parking fee per day.
  • Breakfast is included, both cold and cooked breakfast is available.
  • There is also a gym, outdoor pool and hot tube for use also included.
  • You are not fixed to a duration as long as it includes the weekend of 4th and 5th June.
  • You will be able to make the booking yourself. This cannot be done online. Instead they will take the bookings via either email or by telephone.  Details given below.

The lady at the Travelodge has said: "...Generally we require at least 10 rooms for the group discount, but since you already have 7, that's fine....As of right now, we have plenty of rooms available, but within the next couple months we're going to start getting a lot reservations for that time of year.  I would recommend letting me know within the next month."

However, I would suggest that to avoid any disappointment we make our bookings as soon as possible so we can start thinking about how we would like to spend our time together there, i.e. the fun stuff!

So how do you make a booking?:
Quite simply you can either ring them up or email them giving the following information:

• State it is part of the 'Avatar Fan Communities booking'.
  • State the arrival and departure date, which should include the 4th June.
  • State the type of room you wish to book: 1 double bed or 2 double beds. i.e. to sleep one or two persons respectively.
To make your booking simply contact the Travelodge by either calling 206-441-7878 or email them on: [email protected].

If you have any questions or queries, please don't hesitate to get in touch.  I'll do my best to help out.

Oel ngati kameie...soon,

Alan

If only y'all could see the look on my face right now lol. This is gonna be soooooooo epic! I'm definitely coming on the 4th. I'm gonna talk to my contact at Horizon Air. I sent an e-mail to ikrannews. Now I have to go to work.

-Txonä Rolyu

Payoang

Quote from: AketuanNavi on March 01, 2011, 03:35:10 PM

Awesome plan! I can also recommend Google Groups which works really well for mailing lists, and keeping events like this organized.

I will contact that Travelodge at my earliest opportunity to get things in order for us on July 9th :)

-Txonä Rolyu

AketuanNavi

Quote from: Payoang on March 01, 2011, 06:56:29 PM
Quote from: AketuanNavi on March 01, 2011, 03:35:10 PM

Awesome plan! I can also recommend Google Groups which works really well for mailing lists, and keeping events like this organized.

Yeah, I thought about that, but in my experience it isn't worth the effort, plus we have the forums to communicate in...

@Txona Rolyu: I am kinda confused, are you going to both group meet-ups? If so...you are sooo lucky. But anyway, you should definitely make the June 4th one, it is looking to be amazing!

Quote from: AketuanNavi on March 01, 2011, 11:51:44 PM
@Txona Rolyu: I am kinda confused, are you going to both group meet-ups? If so...you are sooo lucky. But anyway, you should definitely make the June 4th one, it is looking to be amazing!

They're both going to be amazing :) I'm definitely going on July 9th. It's a very high possibility that I'll be there on June 4th too. I have to talk with my contact at Horizon and see of I can get a free/discounted flight.

-Txonä Rolyu

PS 750th post and I am now Ikran Makto  ;D ;D ;D

Alan

I must admit my trip across to first New York, to meet up with some Avatar friends whom I did the film project with, and then onto Seattle on the 4th June is just constantly on my mind!  To actually meet up with like minded people will be just amazing ;D  I really can't wait...

I want to see if I can post updates to the forums as it happens so those who can't make it can still 'be with us'.  I hope the Science Fiction Museum bring out some more details about the opening day.  You'll probably find that we cancel our friday night hotel beds because we'll be sleeping at the doors to the museum!!  ;D ;D Anyone got any hammock?  HAHAHAHA.

Alan

Kaltxi folks,

I've just had the following information from the Travelodge regarding the 4th June meet-up:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The above room rate includes COMPLIMENTARY HOT & COLD BREAKFAST from 6:30am - 9:30am.

To make reservations:  Please call (206) 441-7878,  800-578-7878 or email to [email protected].
They are to mention the "Avatar Fan Communities" giving the reservationist their arrival date, names, address and credit
card infomation.  

Note:  All reservations must be made no later than May 2nd, 2011 to recieve the Group Rate.  After this date
they will be subject to the standard rates.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They are currently holding 5 x 1 bed rooms and 5 x 2 bed rooms, but you can state your preference.  Just remember to state Avatar Fan Communities when reserving your room to get the discount.  They added that "We've already started receiving reservations, so your group is all set."

So I think we are off and running!

Alan

Payoang

Txansan  - the first newsletter just arrived! I re-posted it here. Hope that's ok, AketuanNavi!

Txura Rolyu

Mkay so I am just trying ot update myself and it looks like there are two groups now going to Seattle this summer. I wll be shooting for the July 9th group because I am most likely getting a job at a summer camp in a far off place from any big airports. I dont have a car that can take me to Oregon in a short amount of time so I will have to fly.

I am gonna do my best to make the funds but I have to remember that I have to pay for books for school this next school year, so I will have to play it a little safe. I am guessing that Southwest will be the cheapest flight so I will book with them when I know that I will be able to go on this "AVTRcon"  ;).

Wish me luck and I will try to make sure that I can make it.

Txura
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Quote from: Txura Rolyu on March 03, 2011, 01:28:39 PM
Mkay so I am just trying ot update myself and it looks like there are two groups now going to Seattle this summer. I wll be shooting for the July 9th group because I am most likely getting a job at a summer camp in a far off place from any big airports. I dont have a car that can take me to Oregon in a short amount of time so I will have to fly.

I am gonna do my best to make the funds but I have to remember that I have to pay for books for school this next school year, so I will have to play it a little safe. I am guessing that Southwest will be the cheapest flight so I will book with them when I know that I will be able to go on this "AVTRcon"  ;).

Wish me luck and I will try to make sure that I can make it.

Txura

yes there are 2 groups :) One on opening day and ours on July 9th. Have you already voted yes in the poll on here? I'm about to call the hotel and get stuff set up for us.

-Txonä Rolyu

Edit: Gotta call back at 4pm PST, that's when Rayna gets there. I want to talk to her since she already knows about us.
Double Edit: Let me check with my contact at Horizon Air and see if they fly between CA and Seattle. I MIGHT be able to get you a free/discounted flight. Keyword MIGHT....but let me check. If I don't see him tonight I'll try to call him tomorrow. It's hard to get ahold of him by phone :P

Txura Rolyu

Thanks for checking about the flight. I hope that it works out for me.
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

AketuanNavi

Quote from: Payoang on March 02, 2011, 11:26:14 PM
Txansan  - the first newsletter just arrived! I re-posted it here. Hope that's ok, AketuanNavi!
Thats great, Irayo!

@Txona Rolyu :

Once you get the hotel info for the July 9th group you should send it to me so I can put the information in the newsletter.

@ Txura Rolyu : feel free to sign up for the newsletter at [email protected]. I hope you can make it!

-Aketuan