Seattle Museum.

Started by Ekirä, December 01, 2010, 12:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jane MacMillan

The story is that the architect (Frank Gehry) cut up a bunch of Fender Stratocaster guitars to build a conceptual model of the museum.

Txonä Rolyu, thank you! I think it might be fun to get a bunch of cosplayers together and see if the museum would like us to come to the opening night event in Na'vi stripes.

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Quote from: Jane MacMillan on December 02, 2010, 01:32:17 PM
Txonä Rolyu, thank you! I think it might be fun to get a bunch of cosplayers together and see if the museum would like us to come to the opening night event in Na'vi stripes.

Oh that would be awesome! I wonder if I'll be able to find the bodysuit to my costume before then. Hm...I'll have to visit the cosplay thread to see if I can find some make-up tips.

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Maria TunVrrtep

Quote from: Tirea Ikran on December 01, 2010, 03:54:05 PM
The article does say "The exhibit will stay at the museum through Sept. 3, 2012, then go to other cities."

So there's some hope.  Perhaps a big LN meetup in Seattle before the exhibit moves on?   That would be wou!  ;D

You know if you can decide on a date, I can see if my cousin's company has a hotel in Seattle.  I can see if he can give us a good deal on rooms.  Ya never know!
ta TunVrrtep
"Ke'u ke lu law a krr frakem tsunslu." -
    Margaret Drabble
("When nothing is sure, everything is possible.")

Quote from: TunVrrtep on December 02, 2010, 09:09:01 PM
The article does say "The exhibit will stay at the museum through Sept. 3, 2012, then go to other cities."

So there's some hope.  Perhaps a big LN meetup in Seattle before the exhibit moves on?   That would be wou!  ;D

You know if you can decide on a date, I can see if my cousin's company has a hotel in Seattle.  I can see if he can give us a good deal on rooms.  Ya never know!
ta TunVrrtep

Oh that would be awesome! How far in advance would you need to know a date? I could start a thread in the Calendar board in a few months, like February or something. The event is still quite far off.

-Txonä Rolyu

Maria TunVrrtep

Quote from: Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on December 02, 2010, 10:39:21 PM
Quote from: TunVrrtep on December 02, 2010, 09:09:01 PM

ta TunVrrtep

Oh that would be awesome! How far in advance would you need to know a date? I could start a thread in the Calendar board in a few months, like February or something. The event is still quite far off.

-Txonä Rolyu

I'd need a month notice to let him know and I'd need a count by then.  So if people are going they would need to let us know by a month before the date we plan to have the meetup.
Then I will call my cousin and get a price.  Let me make sure he has a hotel in Seattle first though. 
ta TunVrrtep
"Ke'u ke lu law a krr frakem tsunslu." -
    Margaret Drabble
("When nothing is sure, everything is possible.")

Lolet

I'll probably go, since I live like, only 30 minutes away!  ;D

I might take my sister, and we might stand around all cool.

Prrton

I have relatives in Seattle and we're generally there once a year or more. The SF half of the EMP is quite interesting, but not huge.

I'm going to ping K. Pawl and see if he'd be interested in doing an event at the museum while the show is up. If he is (if they aren't brewing something already), I'll try to figure out a way to see if they'll cooperate by providing an auditorium or other space that would lend itself to a largish, but manageable gathering, 1 to 3 different sessions (not sure what/how different yet), everyone coming will have to pay admission to the museum and maybe a bit more for the "special" whatever it is.

We'd likely need to think up "content" that would be potentially appealing to the general public as well to justify their doing something special.

If this were to happen on a Saturday in June, July or August 2011, who would come? How many people would you bring with you?

I'm in for 1 (me) and dragging Josh along = 2.

Total so far = 10

Amaya

I'm within an easy travel distance from Seattle, so add me for whenever, and possibly one more if I can drag one of my Seattle friends along for the ride...

Ekirä

I would ABSOLUTELY attend if I could, the question is finding it when or if my family is planning on going to the West coast this summer. If we were...it would be at least 1 person attending (me) but could also go up to 4.

Prrton

Quote from: Ekirä on December 07, 2010, 06:06:27 PM
I would ABSOLUTELY attend if I could, the question is finding it when or if my family is planning on going to the West coast this summer. If we were...it would be at least 1 person attending (me) but could also go up to 4.

Chime in again when you have more info.  ;D

Lisa

Quote from: Prrton on December 07, 2010, 05:32:03 PM
If this were to happen on a Saturday in June, July or August 2011, who would come? How many people would you bring with you?

If something like this were to occur, I'd just have to go!  Financially, 2012 is easier for me, but I can see where doing this in 2011 would better take advantage of any Avatar momentum.  :)

All my local friends tolerate my Na'vi obsession in a rolling-eyes way, so I don't know how many of them would be interested; I suspect none.  However, I might be able to talk my sister and niece into going....hmm....

Put me down as definitely going,  and assuming this happens, when details get worked out I'll see if I can get them to go as well.

The only bad time for me in the proposed time frame are the last two weeks of August.  I work for a school district, and those two weeks are crazy time for me as we gear up for the new school year.   It's very difficult for me to get away then, with the last week being the worst of all.  But I suppose I'll figure something out, if that's the time that ends up getting picked.

This will be AWESOME!   ;D

Oeru syaw "Tirea Ikran" kop slä frakrrmi layu oe "Grammar Skxawng"   :)

I have relatives in Seattle and we're generally there once a year or more. The SF half of the EMP is quite interesting, but not huge.

I'm going to ping K. Pawl and see if he'd be interested in doing an event at the museum while the show is up. If he is (if they aren't brewing something already), I'll try to figure out a way to see if they'll cooperate by providing an auditorium or other space that would lend itself to a largish, but manageable gathering, 1 to 3 different sessions (not sure what/how different yet), everyone coming will have to pay admission to the museum and maybe a bit more for the "special" whatever it is.

We'd likely need to think up "content" that would be potentially appealing to the general public as well to justify their doing something special.

Total so far = 5

Prrton you are the MAN!!! I will definitely attend most likely with 2 others, pending when exactly this will happen and what they're doing. Do keep us all updated rutxe!

-Txonä Rolyu

Ekirä

Quote from: Prrton on December 07, 2010, 06:10:40 PM
Quote from: Ekirä on December 07, 2010, 06:06:27 PM

Chime in again when you have more info.  ;D

Will do. ;) It would most definitely be awesome if we could have a huge meetup like this. :D

Prrton

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on December 07, 2010, 07:30:54 PM

Total so far = 5

Prrton you are the MAN!!! I will definitely attend most likely with 2 others, pending when exactly this will happen and what they're doing. Do keep us all updated rutxe!

-Txonä Rolyu

This is not a PLAN yet, just a theoretical construct, but it seems like a natural thing to investigate. Seattle is an easy city to get to and there are plenty of outdoors-y things to do there and nearby. It's also easy to stay there and reasonable-enough to get around on public transport. I also vote for an optional side trip for those up for it to the Hall of Mosses.  Mmmmmm prrwll...  Pandora is not that far away after all...

Ekirä

Quote from: Prrton on December 07, 2010, 07:49:49 PM
This is not a PLAN yet, just a theoretical construct, but it seems like a natural thing to investigate. Seattle is an easy city to get to and there are plenty of outdoors-y things to do there and nearby. It's also easy to stay there and reasonable-enough to get around on public transport. I also vote for an optional side trip for those up for it to the Hall of Mosses.  Mmmmmm prrwll...  Pandora is not that far away after all...
YES we/the-group-that-may-or-may-not-include-me must go there. Before or after, it doesn't matter, but that place sounds soooooooo awesomely beautiful and Pandora-ish....

Prrton

Quote from: Ekirä on December 07, 2010, 07:58:59 PM
YES we/the-group-that-may-or-may-not-include-me must go there. Before or after, it doesn't matter, but that place sounds soooooooo awesomely beautiful and Pandora-ish....

It's not in the immediate Seattle area, but it should be possible as a day trip if we rent vans or something.

Hoh, Hoh, Hoh! (< 'ampi)

Not just for Christmas anymore...

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on December 07, 2010, 07:30:54 PM

-Txonä Rolyu

Sorry...got a little excited there haha :D

Puvomun

Wish I could... already have other plans for August, and there is only so much vacation I can take. So sorry...
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan

Woah, this would be awesome! Kinda far from me. ::)

Prrton

Quote from: Puvomun on December 07, 2010, 10:32:10 PM
Wish I could... already have other plans for August, and there is only so much vacation I can take. So sorry...

What about 2012?

Is is better for people to wait until the following year?