Seattle Museum.

Started by Ekirä, December 01, 2010, 12:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Quote from: Human No More on March 12, 2011, 07:06:57 PM
I'm going to be coming now ;D

Just looking into flights at the moment then once that's done I can give final, 100% definite confirmation.

I'm looking forward to meeting my aytsmuk so much!! :)

Oh cool! Glad you're getting to come. I'll most likely be there on June 4th as well :)

-Txonä Rolyu

PS the ay+ prefix causes lenition (that's what the + means) so aytsmuk should be aysmuk :)

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Human No More

June 4th, going to be there for the whole time :)
Thanks on the grammar correction - I'm learning, slowly :P
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Human No More, wish I was going to be there for June 4th. I have already committed for July 9th. Now if Seattle was about 8 hours closer..... I guess you can't win them all!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Alan

Quote from: Human No More on March 13, 2011, 08:03:45 AM

Aww, that's just brilliant ma tsmukan!  8) It's a long way for us two to go and meet up, we could have always just gone to Birmingham again.  He, he, he ;D.

It's going to be great you being there.  Two English guys at a fan meet up....hmmm, I don't suppose you've seen the film 'Paul' have you?  I saw it with Solarwind from Avatar-Forums at the weekend and it brought a wry smile to my face ;)

Human No More

Quote from: Alan on March 13, 2011, 03:37:37 PM
Quote from: Human No More on March 13, 2011, 08:03:45 AM

Aww, that's just brilliant ma tsmukan!  8) It's a long way for us two to go and meet up, we could have always just gone to Birmingham again.  He, he, he ;D.

It's going to be great you being there.  Two English guys at a fan meet up....hmmm, I don't suppose you've seen the film 'Paul' have you?  I saw it with Solarwind from Avatar-Forums at the weekend and it brought a wry smile to my face ;)
I haven't seen it yet, but I want to see it, it looks good :P
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

AketuanNavi

UPDATE for June 4th group.

Image with group info here.

Payoang

I might be able to make the June meetup as well. Anyone willing to share a room?

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Payoang on March 18, 2011, 05:38:57 PM
I might be able to make the June meetup as well. Anyone willing to share a room?

I am planning to be up there to film the meet up.

We can split one.
私は太った男だ。

AketuanNavi

Quote from: Payoang on March 18, 2011, 05:38:57 PM
That would be awesome!  :) (make sure and book with the travelodge and mention this group to get the discount...)

Quote from: Txur'Itan on March 18, 2011, 11:40:41 PM
I am planning to be up there to film the meet up.

We can split one.

Are you coming for the June 4th group? It would be awesome to have you join us! You should check out the info going around on ToS. here
Oh and you should sign up for the newsletter for info about hotel/transportation/group activities...
just shoot an email to [email protected]. The first two are here:
March 3rd Newsletter - HTML  PDF
March 8th Newsletter - HTML PDF

(The next newsletter should be out in a few days...)

[ Payoang: edited to make links work; [url=http://whatever], not [url="http://whatever"] ]

Tirea Atstunwi

I suppose that the exhibition will not come in Europe so rutxe, anyone who will visit it, please, post photos!!!

Alan

Quote from: Tirea Atstunwi on March 21, 2011, 06:01:07 AM
I suppose that the exhibition will not come in Europe so rutxe, anyone who will visit it, please, post photos!!!

Kaltxi!

Oh I don't think there will be any shortage of pictures and videos geting posted my friend.  Hopefully whilst we are there we'll be posting away so you can all kinda 'be there with us' as it were. ;)

With regard to the two meet-ups, to help gauge what people would like to do in terms of 'clan' activities, or not, a survey has been pulled together so arrangements can be made in good time.

You see, although we have all been pulling together and contributing ideas and suggestions, it was thought that the best way to capture people's thoughts for our meet ups was to ask by doing a poll.  Hopefully, at least then we will have a better chance of making sure everyone gets to voice their thoughts so we at least get a consensus of what people would like to do.

As you will hopefully be aware there are two meet-ups planned; one for 4th June and another one for 9th July.  Consequently there are two surveys.  All you have to do is click on the link below relating to the meet up you would like to/are going to attend and away you go!

4th June 2011 Seattle Meet-Up

9th July 2011 Seattle Meet-Up

Also if you want to be kept informed of developement, don't forget to subscribe to the Ikran Newsletter by simply forwarding your email address and the forum you are on to: [email protected].

Below are links to the two newsletters produced so far, containing details of how to book in at the hotel, and how to get there, amongst other information:

Issue 1

Issue 2

If you can make it to Seattle on either of these dates it will be a wonderful opportunity to Avatar fans from far and wide and enjoy and Avatar experience together..

Oel ngati kameie in Seattle... ;)

Alan

~~~~~~~~~~~

Edit by Prrton to correct links to Survey Monkey and the Newsletters

Txura Rolyu

The Surveymonkey link for the July 9th meetup os not working. It says I cant view the page. Is there a reason why?
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Prrton

Quote from: Txura Rolyu on March 21, 2011, 03:46:13 PM
The Surveymonkey link for the July 9th meetup os not working. It says I cant view the page. Is there a reason why?

There are some formatting issues with the original post. Try this:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/N7VZMWS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edit: Corrected original links in original post by Alan above. They seem to be working now.

Alan

Ooops Did I make a boo-boo?  Sorry.  Irayo for sorting it out  :)

Prrton

Quote from: Alan on March 21, 2011, 04:17:29 PM
Ooops Did I make a boo-boo?  Sorry.  Irayo for sorting it out  :)

Nìprrte'!  ;D

You may want to look at the posting now to see how to use the URL tag. (You can "Quote" it and then throw away the code before actually posting it... just so you can pull out the correct syntax example.) There was "double" information in the links somehow based on the locations of your HTTP:// strings within the tag. There was also a stray apostrophe at the end of each URL. It's a bit mysterious how those might have gotten in there.

</technical hijack>

Payoang

SMF's version of BBC dictates links be written  [url=http://link.com], not [url="http://link.com"]

But excellent work getting links set up. *fills out surveymonkey*

Alan

Quote from: Prrton on March 21, 2011, 04:24:49 PM
Nìprrte'!  ;D

You may want to look at the posting now to see how to use the URL tag. (You can "Quote" it and then throw away the code before actually posting it... just so you can pull out the correct syntax example.) There was "double" information in the links somehow based on the locations of your http:// strings within the tag. There was also a stray apostrophe at the end of each URL. It's a bit mysterious how those might have gotten in there.

</techinal hijack>

Irayo.  Sorry, you've just completely lost me there!  Hehehe... I must admit I'm used to the way it is inserted on another forum I am on.  Each one seems to do it differently.  Also the 'post reply' window kept jumping up and down when I exceeded it's size as I typed away.  Right pain in the bum...probably my computer playing up.  *Goes to hit it with a rolled up newspaper*

Thaks again, though for sorting it out.  Good to know that someone knows what they are doin.  Are you coming to one of the meet-ups?

Prrton

Quote from: Alan on March 21, 2011, 05:41:41 PM

...Are you coming to one of the meet-ups?

I'm shooting for the weekend of 09 July. Yes. Thanks for asking.  ;D

omängum fra'uti

Is it too late to get in on this?
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Hello from Seattle everyone! I have a small note for the June 4th group. My college choir just arrived at our hotel and I was looking at a brochure about the Seattle Aquarium and I noticed it said the aquarium will be closed June 3rd. Just wanted to let everyone know incase there were people thinking about going to the aquarium on the 3rd :)

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi