Seattle Museum.

Started by Ekirä, December 01, 2010, 12:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on March 22, 2011, 02:57:39 AM
Is it too late to get in on this?

Oh no of corse not! We'd love to have you come with us! Are you wanting to come the weekend of June 4th or July 9th?

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

omängum fra'uti

I'd be in for the July 9th group I think.  Early June isn't a good time for me to do stuff.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on March 22, 2011, 03:00:41 AM
I'd be in for the July 9th group I think.  Early June isn't a good time for me to do stuff.

Excellent! This post has links to the last 2 newsletters that were sent out about the trip containing hotel booking info (ignore the stuff about June 4th, we have the same arrangements with the same hotel), ticket info, Seattle travel info, and some info about the exhibit. Also there is a link to a survey of what you personally want to get out of the meet up (besides hanging with friends :) )

We're still planning itinerary type stuff for July 9th. I'm going to try to scout out some places while my college choir is in Seattle.

-Txonä Rolyu

Prrton

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on March 22, 2011, 02:57:39 AM
Is it too late to get in on this?

No.

There are two groups. June 4th (Opening Weekend) and July 9th.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on March 22, 2011, 03:00:41 AM

Tewti Prrton and Omängum Fra`uti are joining us! The Bay area folks are starting to check in.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Alan

Kaltxi omängum fra'uti,

As has been said above it is certainly not too late to make your reservation at the Travelodge.  The cut of dates are 2nd MAy for the 4th June meet-up and 9 th June (I think) for the 9th July meet-up.  So plenty of time.

All you have to do is either email them or ring them up and mention it is your booking is part of the Avatar Fan Community and state the dates you will be staying.

Hey, Txonä Rolyu.  Excellent stuff.  Irayo for finding out about the aqarium being closed on the 3rd June, which is the Friday I think.  Well, no doubt, we'll be able to hear you singing the praises of Seattle ;D...

....sorry...I'll go and get mi coat... :P

Txura Rolyu

If we are splitting a room with people then do we have to check-in or do we just pay the guy who orders the room?

Also Txona I know almost definatly, still need to hear back from the boss, that I will be able to ride up with Kayrillean if he still has room in his car. I just need to hear back first. My summer is starting to find shape and I will be able to have my time to go to Seatlle while still making money for next college year.

Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Kaltxì nìmun ta Siyätll ma frapo!

Anyway, tiny update...OMG do we have a PRIMO hotel location! So there's a Wal-Greens and a McDonalds next to it and it's near the Space Needle, a few busses and of course the monorail. It's also right next to the Seattle Duck Tours office. The Duck Tours are a BLAST.

One last thing...my choir went to the Sci-Fi Museum today and...I just HAVE to post this to make you all jealous. Oooohhh the wonders that await behind those doors! Y'know, they were actually unlocked, but there was too much going on around them for me to sneak in there. That's all from me for now, kiyevame!

-Txonä Rolyu

Alan

Quote from: Txura Rolyu on March 22, 2011, 05:09:06 PM
If we are splitting a room with people then do we have to check-in or do we just pay the guy who orders the room?
Kaltxi, :)
The rooms come either with one double bed or two double beds.  So one or two people sharing.  All I did was reserve a double bed room and then my mate just rang up and said he was sharing the same room as me.  I presume the hotel will do separate bills for those sharing a room. If not, and I think it unlikely, then one pays and the othe guy ( or gal) pays their half to the other.  Hope that helps.

@ Txonä

Hey, you've made it to the SFM! Irayo for sharing a picture. I'll have to post a link on ToS. What was it like there?  Is it big?

Txura Rolyu

@Alan

I was just making sure because some places want to know how many people show up in a room. Security reasons I suppose. But if the bill is being paid by one person then I would just pay the guy for my part of the room for the time that I am there and that would be fair.

@ Txonä

You lucky....  :P
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Prrton

Quote from: Alan on March 23, 2011, 06:08:57 PM
Quote from: Txura Rolyu on March 22, 2011, 05:09:06 PM
Kaltxi, :)
The rooms come either with one double bed or two double beds.  So one or two people sharing.  All I did was reserve a double bed room and then my mate just rang up and said he was sharing the same room as me.  I presume the hotel will do separate bills for those sharing a room. If not, and I think it unlikely, then one pays and the othe guy ( or gal) pays their half to the other.  Hope that helps.

@ Txonä

Hey, you've made it to the SFM! Irayo for sharing a picture. I'll have to post a link on ToS. What was it like there?  Is it big?

The facility as a whole is huge. It's a Frank Gehry building à la the Guggenheim Bilbao or The Disney Concert Hall in LA, but the majority of it is taken up by the Experience Music Project (EMP). The SF Museum is a subset of the overall structure consisting on a few connected rooms on 2 (I think) of the upper floors. It's kind of a history of Science Fiction beginning with literature and moving on through TV and Films. They have lots of artifacts from different shows and movies you'll likely recognize. There are lots of things in glass-covered cases. The SF Museum section is not huge.

I've not been there when they had a special exhibit on like the one we're going to see or Battlestar Gallactica exhibit that was the most recent one, so I'm assuming that 2 hours would be more than enough to see everything.

I've not spent any time in the EMP side of things up there.

Kaltxì! Yeah, museum isn't tooooo big, but it's still pretty large. Most of it was under renovation today (gee I wonder why ;) )

And edit to my last post, sorry I forgot to include this I was in a rush to get to the bus to our venue for rehearsal. I made my reservation today! (on my 1-year AVTR anniversary no less :) ) I reserved a double bed room so roommates: oeru ziva'u!

-Txonä Rolyu

Edit: I actually already have 2 roommates, but 1 more would be cool :)

Double edit: a note about parking....there's like none at the hotel. There's a small lot in front and small lot in back and that's it. I didn't count the spaces, but believe me they're not big lots. So carpool, fly, bus, or train or something to avoid driving. And let's not forget the $10/day parking fee. *gag*

Human No More

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on March 23, 2011, 05:39:54 PM
Kaltxì nìmun ta Siyätll ma frapo!

Anyway, tiny update...OMG do we have a PRIMO hotel location! So there's a Wal-Greens and a McDonalds next to it and it's near the Space Needle, a few busses and of course the monorail. It's also right next to the Seattle Duck Tours office. The Duck Tours are a BLAST.

One last thing...my choir went to the Sci-Fi Museum today and...I just HAVE to post this to make you all jealous. Oooohhh the wonders that await behind those doors! Y'know, they were actually unlocked, but there was too much going on around them for me to sneak in there. That's all from me for now, kiyevame!

-Txonä Rolyu

That looks awesome :)

As for getting there, I'm flying :P , sadly not by ikran though...
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Txura Rolyu

@Txona   Am I on the list of people rooming with you? :-\

Prrton

I've lost track of the hotel discount/booking info for the July 9th group. Could someone post it in the EVENTS daughterboard for Seattle?

Thanks!

MOMS Ball Avatar

I'm flying in from New Orleans.  I'm coming in and will be coming in full costume. Prosethics, tail, mask, ears, teeth, wig,  headband, loincloth, painted.  I've done it 4 times already. I had an Emmy award winning make up artist take 7 hours to do it.  What hotel, what days, and is there a make artist I can get, or at least some one to do my back? Thanks! 

MOMS Ball Avatar

Jane MacMillin. I saw your picture of your blacklight bow!  HOW COOL!! I costume to the max. I had some of the infomation forwarded to me about it. I need to know how many LEDS did it take, how many packs, how many to a pack, how did you attach them to the bow, and what voltage and amps and type of battery do you use?  Thanks!

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: MOMS Ball Avatar on March 25, 2011, 01:15:59 PM
I'm flying in from New Orleans.  I'm coming in and will be coming in full costume. Prosethics, tail, mask, ears, teeth, wig,  headband, loincloth, painted.  I've done it 4 times already. I had an Emmy award winning make up artist take 7 hours to do it.  What hotel, what days, and is there a make artist I can get, or at least some one to do my back? Thanks! 

You coming June 4th or July 9th?
I would like to do a (basic this time) costume, and learn how to do the body paint, prostethic application, etc. etc. In planning this, we need to allow time for people in costume to get ready. Although most say about an hour to do their prep, you are the second one to say 6-7 hours.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Alan

Quote from: Prrton on March 23, 2011, 06:54:30 PM
The facility as a whole is huge. It's a Frank Gehry building à la the Guggenheim Bilbao or The Disney Concert Hall in LA, but the majority of it is taken up by the Experience Music Project (EMP). The SF Museum is a subset of the overall structure consisting on a few connected rooms on 2 (I think) of the upper floors. It's kind of a history of Science Fiction beginning with literature and moving on through TV and Films. They have lots of artifacts from different shows and movies you'll likely recognize. There are lots of things in glass-covered cases. The SF Museum section is not huge...

Irayo Prrton for the comprehensive overview.  It was really interesting.  The photos certainly showed of the size of the facility.  Looks really impressive, if not a little wierd!

Hopefully the link below will take you the the first newsletter.  I know it mentions 4th June, but the hotel offer is exactly the same for the 9th July.  All you have to do is same it is part of the Avatar Fan Community booking and mention the date you will be stay, name 9th July plus what other days you are stay too.  Also mention the person you are staying with if you are sharing a room too.  Well here is the link to issue 1 of Aketuan's newsletter:

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/2637464/avatarseattlenewslettermarch3-pdf-march-2-2011-6-26-pm-572k?da=y

Kiyevame,

Alan

Prrton

Quote from: Alan on March 25, 2011, 03:18:30 PM
Quote from: Prrton on March 23, 2011, 06:54:30 PM
The facility as a whole is huge. It's a Frank Gehry building à la the Guggenheim Bilbao or The Disney Concert Hall in LA, but the majority of it is taken up by the Experience Music Project (EMP). The SF Museum is a subset of the overall structure consisting on a few connected rooms on 2 (I think) of the upper floors. It's kind of a history of Science Fiction beginning with literature and moving on through TV and Films. They have lots of artifacts from different shows and movies you'll likely recognize. There are lots of things in glass-covered cases. The SF Museum section is not huge...

Irayo Prrton for the comprehensive overview.  It was really interesting.  The photos certainly showed of the size of the facility.  Looks really impressive, if not a little wierd!

Hopefully the link below will take you the the first newsletter.  I know it mentions 4th June, but the hotel offer is exactly the same for the 9th July.  All you have to do is same it is part of the Avatar Fan Community booking and mention the date you will be stay, name 9th July plus what other days you are stay too.  Also mention the person you are staying with if you are sharing a room too.  Well here is the link to issue 1 of Aketuan's newsletter:

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/2637464/avatarseattlenewslettermarch3-pdf-march-2-2011-6-26-pm-572k?da=y

Kiyevame,

Alan

Seiyi irayo, ma Alan.