Sat. Night Clan Meal

Started by Prrton, June 30, 2011, 11:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prrton

Folks,

It's quite late to be trying to pull this off, but I've been in contact with the events folks at Buca di Beppo in Seattle about their being able to accommodate a group of up to 40-ish on Sat. night 09 July and they can.

A group of 15 or more would fall under the classification of a "banquet" and basically we'd pick a fixed menu like the one below and the same food would be served family style to the entire group.

To make this work we need a menu decided basically tomorrow (Friday, 01 July, Pacific Coast US time in the afternoon) and the commitment of 15 people. After that we can add more people up through Wednesday of next week (that's a DROP DEAD deadline).

In order to secure this I will have to give them my personal credit card, but it won't be charged unless we flake. To pay you would just need to bring cash for Saturday night. The price below does not include any alcohol. Those who are old enough and have proper ID will be able to order alcoholic beverages, but that will all be at additional cost and you won't receive any discount from the charge below if you don't have any soft drinks, coffee, or tea, but instead order other drinks.

The restaurant is walking distance from the Museum/Hotel.

The menu does not represent the only things that are available, but due to the lack of time, I have gone through and selected things that seem generally palatable and 'yummy enough'. If there were lots more time we could go through a voting process (and all that would entail over days and days), but there just isn't the time. The whole process starts with deciding a menu and an initial headcount (again the minimum is 15).

If you want to be a part of this organized "Clan Meal", please respond here with a FIRM COMMITMENT (no 'maybes' please). Make it clear if you want to be considered a vegetarian or not.

I think it is very likely that K. Pawl will join this for his evening meal if it materializes, but that's not a 100% sure thing at this point.

This is the least expensive option available at Buca di Beppo for this kind of group meal. I've done extensive looking on the web for other options and this is the only thing that I can come up with that is not super expensive or far away from our core area. I'm sure this will not be the best meal you ever eat, but it is a manageable way to have a 'proper' meal all together.

I have to repeat that everyone will be served the same things either as a vegetarian or non-vegetarian.

- Mixed Green and Caesar Salad (with bread)

- Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
 savory meat sauce made with 100% premium
 ground beef served on a bed of imported Italian
 spaghetti.
 ››› One Vegetarian Pasta Option also available (e.g. spaghetti with marinara sauce)

- Penne San Remo
 Tender chicken breast, artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes
 and peas tossed with imported Italian penne pasta in a white
 wine cream sauce.

- Chicken Limone
 Chicken breasts lightly sautéed and topped with lemon butter
 sauce and capers.
 ››› Eggplant Parmigiana (for vegetarians)
      Breaded and fried eggplant slices topped
      with marinara, fresh tomatoes, basil and
      mozzarella, then baked to golden perfection.

- Chocolate Cake

- Unlimited Soft Drinks, Coffee, Tea

$32.50 (with all taxes and service fees included)

Member   Number in Party

Karyu Pawl (assumed confirmed)   2 (1 vegetarian)
Prrton   2
'Oma Tirea   1
Jane MacMillan   1
Tsmuketsamsiyu   1
Shadowwolf   1
DJ Makto   1 (needs gluten free)
Zefanaya   2
Txur'Itan   2
judytuna   1 (possibly 2 more)
Txonä Rolyu   1
Markì   1
Lisa   1
Kayrìlien   1
Mrrìa TunVrrtep   1
OmaticayaClan   2
ExLibrisMortis   1
'Evan   1
Pätrìk   2
'Eylan Ayfalulukanä   1
Omängum Fra'uti   2 (1 vegetarian)
Khestalì   1

Total:   29

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Prrton on June 30, 2011, 11:33:26 PM
I think it is very likely that K. Pawl will join this for his evening meal if it materializes, but that's not a 100% sure thing at this point.

Tsaw livu nì'aw txantsan :D

I'm in, no restrictions neccesary.

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Jane MacMillan

That sounds tasty and fun! Count me in.

Tsmuketsamsiyu

Prrton! i would be honoured to Join you! Im In too!

Prrton

Shadowwolf

Sounds good, count me in (and my guest).
Mawey

DJ Makto

Looks good.

Are there perchance any possibility of Gluten Free options? I am pretty allergic/intolerant to gluten/wheat products. A quick glance of their normal menu shows that they do have gluten free dishes.

Apart from that I would not mind joining in.  :)

Zefanaya

I'm in plus 1

EDITED: To remove my plus one.
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

Prrton

Quote from: DJ Makto on July 01, 2011, 12:54:04 AM
Looks good.

Are there perchance any possibility of Gluten Free options? I am pretty allergic/intolerant to gluten/wheat products. A quick glance of their normal menu shows that they do have gluten free dishes.

They said they would try to accommodate special dietary restrictions so I'll check with them to be doubly sure tomorrow.

Txur’Itan

Me + 1 for - Penne San Remo
私は太った男だ。

DJ Makto

Quote from: Prrton on July 01, 2011, 01:25:05 AM
Quote from: DJ Makto on July 01, 2011, 12:54:04 AM
Looks good.

They said they would try to accommodate special dietary restrictions so I'll check with them to be doubly sure tomorrow.

Cheers/Irayo!

Prrton

Quote from: Txur'Itan on July 01, 2011, 01:26:13 AM
Me + 1 for - Penne San Remo

Penne San Remo will just be one of the things that comes. I'm confident that there will be plenty of everything. It's all served family style.

judytuna

Count me in as 1, definitely!!!

(I will post again when I hear back from my two Seattle friends, if I may bring them?)

Prrton

Quote from: judytuna on July 01, 2011, 01:35:28 AM
Count me in as 1, definitely!!!

(I will post again when I hear back from my two Seattle friends, if I may bring them?)

YES!! Of course!

Maria TunVrrtep

Bucca di Beppo is a WONDERFUL Italian restaurant!!!  I love their food.  The one here in Houston is really good.
I'm still thinking about this one though.  I'll let you know in a couple of days.  
* Mrrìa TunVrrtep

EDIT:  Oh and they have the best Lemoncello just so you know. 
"Ke'u ke lu law a krr frakem tsunslu." -
    Margaret Drabble
("When nothing is sure, everything is possible.")

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

I'm definitely in I love Italian food! +1.

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Toruk Makto

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Lisa

Count me in too!  For one.   

Txantsana säfpìl!   :D
Oeru syaw "Tirea Ikran" kop slä frakrrmi layu oe "Grammar Skxawng"   :)

Amaya

Sadly I think I'll have to sit this one out.  I'm staying with a friend and really should spend a little time just with her, plus my budget is far too tight to accommodate this extra cost plus the booze I would no doubt wish to consume as well.

Living on $400/month here, it's a miracle I'm making it down at all!

DJ Makto

Quote from: Amaya on July 01, 2011, 10:23:23 AM
Sadly I think I'll have to sit this one out.  I'm staying with a friend and really should spend a little time just with her, plus my budget is far too tight to accommodate this extra cost plus the booze I would no doubt wish to consume as well.

Living on $400/month here, it's a miracle I'm making it down at all!

Aww, you will be missed.  :(