Seattle Meetup Newsletter (5) - 4/6/11

Started by AketuanNavi, April 06, 2011, 04:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AketuanNavi

5th Newsletter - Suggested Itineraries!

To sign up, just email me at [email protected]. :)

Better HTML version here.

Amaya

*grins* out of curiosity, read the "things to know about Seattle" and I'd like to make just one teeeeny tiny addition.

Seattle is in the temperate rainforest.

it rains.

Even in the summer, it rains, although of course not always, but the possibility is always there.

So!  Things to know about NWC rain:  it's almost always accompanied by wind, so umbrellas are useless in 80-90% of the rainstorms around here, and in the summer it's usually warm rain, so it'll soak you, but as long as you don't stay out in it waaaaay too long you won't get a chill from it.

*disclaimer: I don't actually live in Seattle, I live 3hrs ferry ride north, in Victoria, BC Canada, but our weather is very much the same, except that whatever Victoria gets, Seattle gets more.

Alan

Irayo Amaya for expanding on the weather aspects of Seattle.  You know it sounds so much like the UK weather - wet and windy! ;D  We're lucky if we get two weeks of really good weather these days.  Are you going to either of the meet ups?

Zefanaya

Just keep in mind, Seattle can also get very warm at times. I think we will have good weather for walking around town or taking a hike. If not, their is always a lot of fun things to do inside.
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Thank you soooo much for posting a reminder in the letter to PM me about arrival/departure dates/times! Even though June 8th is far off, it's still a bit disconcerting that I only have 3 people on my list. 2 People have voted in the poll in Roll Call, but I haven't received any PMs  :-\

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi