Share your thoughts and experiences

Started by Zefanaya, July 10, 2011, 12:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zefanaya

Social network? Nope, this is better. Lets share our experiences and thoughts about this wonderful meet up here in Seattle. I'll share in a while after I get my thoughts together.
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

My thoughts...wow. I'm beyond words to describe my thoughts! I'll do my best...the exhibit was only a small part of the meet up. It is truly a blessing to be able to share this time with everyone. That's really all I can say. It's just..amazing :)

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Ekirä

Absolutely amazing. It was like meeting with old friends. :D :D :D

Now I'm regretting making plans to leave the next day. I want to stay longer. :'(

Khestalì

I know exactly how you feel, ma Ekirä! I just got home from the "Clan Meal" dinner, and it was simply fantastic to meet so many awesomely awesome people! Even if it was sometimes difficult at first to remember both real and user names and attach them to faces throughout the day ;D

The Q&A Panel was wonderful, listening to the questions - especially those in Na'vi! - and Karyu Pawl's answers. Some interesting points were brought up, and a couple surprises. The exhibit was incredible, as well, there was so much to do and see and learn and me with barely any power left for pictures! Too much to fully experience in one go, unless you spent, like, all day in there. Seriously, the whole thing - morning to night - was totally awesome!

And I'm gonna stop there since I'm possibly only mildly sane by this point, unless you want a detailed walkthrough of the exhibit ::) Friendly advice - don't combine sleepless sleepovers with excitement and hyperness. It catches up with you real quick once it's all over :P

Oh, and before I forget - *Pokes Txonä* Muahahaha! 8) I saws you's!

Ptxèrra

i only was at the museum meet, not with the food thing after, but i had a blast, for you guys who missed it, i hope you can see the exibit , cos its awsome.
i was the person who had his human suit in the wash (exept head), thank you for not allowing my art in complete

now to the people who actualy visited, here is the video of me with my avatar sgi thing.

my tail did not help the computer figure out the sgi, it saw it more like a 3 leg / and made jake go Gmod.

it was awsome looking at paul frommer looking at himself in the exhibition, but no one noticed froordinary visitors, i bet there will be pictures of that online here.

Thanks allot to the organisation, you did a SPLENDED job, i loved it
Irayo, it was awsome!  8)

and thanks everyone who was there, for the visit, you all made it an awsome experience.
tul tul tul hu nga ;)

greetings from the europe guy

Mod note: Edited to change the topic subject back to "Share Your Thoughts and Experiences"

Oel ayngati kameie i was there

remember power corrups, absolute power..... is a whole lot of fun.
Sheepies: They just eat grass until something kills them,  it might as well be you!!

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Mod note: Topics have been merged :)

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Ptxèrra

Oel ayngati kameie i was there

remember power corrups, absolute power..... is a whole lot of fun.
Sheepies: They just eat grass until something kills them,  it might as well be you!!

Alan

Quote from: Khestalì on July 10, 2011, 01:23:00 AM
I know exactly how you feel, ma Ekirä! I just got home from the "Clan Meal" dinner, and it was simply fantastic to meet so many awesomely awesome people! Even if it was sometimes difficult at first to remember both real and user names and attach them to faces throughout the day ;D

The Q&A Panel was wonderful, listening to the questions - especially those in Na'vi! - and Karyu Pawl's answers. Some interesting points were brought up, and a couple surprises. The exhibit was incredible, as well, there was so much to do and see and learn and me with barely any power left for pictures! Too much to fully experience in one go, unless you spent, like, all day in there. Seriously, the whole thing - morning to night - was totally awesome!

And I'm gonna stop there since I'm possibly only mildly sane by this point, unless you want a detailed walkthrough of the exhibit ::) Friendly advice - don't combine sleepless sleepovers with excitement and hyperness. It catches up with you real quick once it's all over :P

Oh, and before I forget - *Pokes Txonä* Muahahaha! 8) I saws you's!

Hey, Khestalì, you appear have summed it up perfectly; just how it was when I was there a month ago with the another part of the Avatar clan.  It's 'outstanding' isn't it!  Like you say it is just amazing meeting up at last with people whom you have only known through the end of a fiber optic cable.  They're real.  ;D
'
I'm so glad you are all having the time of your lives in Seattle.  Irayo for sharing your thoughts.  Continue to enjoy ma aysmuke sì aysmukan.  Hope you are finding the Travelodge ok.

I can't wait for the mass Clan meet-up in 2012 now!  :D

Eywa ngahu,

Alan

Jane MacMillan

I will organize my thoughts about the panel and the gathering later today (txantsan!!! hayalo yerìn!), but I did want to share my costume gallery for those who asked.

Here is the information page for my local convention's costume contest, the Masquerade:
http://www.norwescon.org/things-to-do/special-events/masquerade/
I was surprised and delighted to see the header photograph this morning. It was taken during my Best-in-Show winning performance there last year.

Na'vi at Faerieworlds (a big outdoor festival): http://www.flickr.com/photos/21077670@N02/sets/72157624649868948/
Avatar Driver as college teacher: http://www.flickr.com/photos/21077670@N02/sets/72157625663792471/
Video of me at a convention party, with blacklight: http://www.youtube.com/user/tereshkova2001

My entire costume gallery is here: http://www.cosplay.com/costumes/m157725/ . It includes everything I've made or worn except my SCA garb.
You can also find more photos, of my Na'vi costume and others, in my FlickR favorites: http://www.flickr.com/photos/21077670@N02/favorites/

Shadowwolf

It was fun for both Raze and I. I had already seen the exhibit, but this time I felt more comfortable to actually enjoy the material. It was visually stimulating, we both loved that table-top computer-y thingy where you could place the disks on the screen and see all the info. That was an awesome idea and very fun :D The full body AMP and the military armor and stuff really interested Raze. While I was fascinated by the animal noise-maker dealybob.

It was cool to meet the people on the board, but I feel I missed out a little bit because I am not as embedded here as everyone else is, so I don't really know people offline or on :) But everyone was very friendly, and I especially want to thank Prrton for being awesome!

And dinner was delicious!
Mawey

DJ Makto

Bear with me, my writing might be all over the place. As of now I have been awake for 35 hours and 56 minutes without a hint of sleep or stimulants.

Well where to start..

First off I would like to thank Dr. Paul Frommer for spending the day with us, and for sitting down to do an awesome panel and answering all our questions (in Na'vi or Inglisì) Thank you.

Also big thanks to Prrton, Txonä Rolyu, Zefanaya, and anyone else involved in the planning and organization of the meetup. Everything went very smoothly, you guys really did a top job!

A huge thanks to the fantastic folks at the EMP/Seattle Science Fiction Museum for graciously to accommodating the meetup. On behalf of Avatar Nation, I would like to also thank Anita and Kristen for provided the Avatar Nation team with press access so that we could provide coverage of the entire event.

And finally I would like to thank everyone who came to the meetup, it was a pleasure to meet everyone and to finally put faces to names. I very much look forward to another such meetup, I for one will attend any future meetup in 2012.

I'll add more when I get some proper rest.   

'Oma Tirea

MOE OERI ULTXA A'AWVE :D :D :D :D :D

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on July 10, 2011, 12:35:24 AM
My thoughts...wow. I'm beyond words to describe my thoughts! I'll do my best...the exhibit was only a small part of the meet up. It is truly a blessing to be able to share this time with everyone. That's really all I can say. It's just..amazing :)

-Txonä Rolyu

Mllte ngahu nìwotx!  I'm kinda lacking words too ;D

For me, it started by ultxarun hu Karyu Pawl, and that's also how it ended :D

I am soooooo glad I got many of my questions answered.  Tsaw fìtxan oeru teya seiyi :D

...and everything in between was awesome too, from a cookout at Keylä tseng to the museum :D

Quote from: Alan on July 10, 2011, 11:34:01 AMHey, Khestalì, you appear have summed it up perfectly; just how it was when I was there a month ago with the another part of the Avatar clan.  It's 'outstanding' isn't it!  Like you say it is just amazing meeting up at last with people whom you have only known through the end of a fiber optic cable.  They're real.  ;D

It's always like that, and with this community, it's like you don't want to can't leave ;D

Quote from: Ekirä on July 10, 2011, 12:42:17 AM
Now I'm regretting making plans to leave the next day. I want to stay longer. :'(

...as am I.  As a matter of a fact I am writing this from home :'( I miss aynga so much already :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Quote from: Alan on July 10, 2011, 11:34:01 AM
I can't wait for the mass Clan meet-up in 2012 now!  :D

Neither can the rest of the 30+ of us :D
* 'Oma Tirea goes to help plan for that meetup...

'Upxare ayngaru: haya ultxavay!

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

'Oma Tirea

...and we soooo need a word for missing 'cause it would get used almost immediately.  Sucks to be leaving so soon :( :'(

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Maria TunVrrtep

First of all ...
I am home and all unpacked.  I am tired, but still elated. 
I will be getting my pics off my camera when I get the chance.  I'm still trying to figure out why I feel like I don't belong at home.  I feel like I should still be out there on the west coast.  I wish I still was.  I really don't want to go back to my real life tomorrow. 

Now for my thoughts and experiences ...
I am still trying to put everything into perspective.  I'm so happy I came this weekend.  I had a blast.  I am so happy to have met everyone this weekend. 
To Keyl - Thank you for opening your house to us on Friday night for the BBQ. 
To Prrton - Thank you for your hard work in getting this all put together. 
To Avatar Nation - Thank you for all your hard work on the interviews and all the fun stuff you did.
To all the wonderful people I met this weekend - It was great to finally put faces to names.
And finally and most importantly ...
To Karyu Pawl - Thank you for the beautiful, amazing language that you have put so much into.  I am so happy to have met you this weekend.  Thank you for your dedication to the language and to this community of people who I have come to call an extended family.

When I have more of the weekend processed to myself, I will post again.
* Mrrìa TunVrrtep
"Ke'u ke lu law a krr frakem tsunslu." -
    Margaret Drabble
("When nothing is sure, everything is possible.")

Jane MacMillan

I want to thank Prrton for organizing the event (as I said at dinner), Karyu Pawl for coming to Seattle and for sharing Na'vi with us, the Museum for hosting, and all of the Learn Na'vi soaia for gathering. Meeting everyone was just fabulous. It's great to put faces and real names to forum handles.
Thank you to the fluent community members for helping out those of us who aren't as skilled and for being patient with us.  :)
It was lovely to see that I'm not the only costumer learning the language. Next time, I've promised Pawl that I'll come in costume as well.

Kìyevame, frapoya! See you very soon, I hope.

Amaya

I miss all of you already!  Next time I'm staying close, for serious ;) Kent was way too far away :P

Truly, though, we are an amazing group of folks, and we need to meet up at least once or twice a year somewhere.  Thus, I suspect, most cons began, and I get the feeling that sooner or later our little community will grow just as so many others have.  That has both good and bad sides, but I'm looking forward to seeing what the future will bring!

Very tired now XD will post more perhaps when I've had a chance to crash and get some actual sleep @_@

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Mrrìa TunVrrtep on July 10, 2011, 09:24:00 PM
To Keyl - Thank you for opening your house to us on Friday night for the BBQ.  
To Prrton - Thank you for your hard work in getting this all put together.  
To Avatar Nation - Thank you for all your hard work on the interviews and all the fun stuff you did.
To all the wonderful people I met this weekend - It was great to finally put faces to names.
And finally and most importantly ...
To Karyu Pawl - Thank you for the beautiful, amazing language that you have put so much into.  I am so happy to have met you this weekend.  Thank you for your dedication to the language and to this community of people who I have come to call an extended family.

I would also like to add my thanks, which goes to Txonä Rolyu, Payoang (who wasn't there :() and Zephaniah, who also helped in organizing the event.

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Prrton

Ma Frapo!

From my airplane home (but posted from the Wi-Fi and sofa in the living room)...

My biggest IRAYOs have to go out to Paul and John for coming and giving us so much of their time and to Tsm. Keyl and his generous muntxate Chie (Tsyie) for opening their lovely back garden and grill to quite a sizable group of us.

It was wonderful to meet everyone and just be able now to put 'real' names with faces, tintìn, plushy ayikran, ears and tails, etc.

We're a diverse group in terms of just about every axis one could come up with to describe us and I think that makes the Community both interesting and quite robust.

I was probably most moved (txanwawe loleiu nìwotx) by everyone just giving it their all in singing Tul Hu Nga in the panel, which never would have happened without pxesmuk alu judytuna, Txonä Rolyu, Kayrìliensì! And, I really really really appreciated everyone who made the effort to ask a question in Na'vi too. If we don't speak (actually SPEAK) the language, it will definitely die and that would very very sad only to me.

Thank you mesmukan Txonä Rolyu and Zefanaya again too for carrying the 09 July torch so high as proud Washingtonian hosts.

I'm very hopeful that early planning for next year beginning now will mean that even more exciting group experiences will be available for a broader Union of Communities (LN.org + TOS + ??...) in 2012 and that a lot of that can happen outdoors in our wonderful Eana 'Rrta. Our Mother is not dead yet and She deserves our attention and adoration, tì'efumì oeyä.

I'm not sure at all what I'll be up to a year or so from now, but I will be keeping my eyes glued to everyone's conversations and aspirations, and if it works out, I'll volunteer to do all that I can to help with any activities that are linguistically focused.

I agree completely that the biggest hole in our vocabulary today is 'I miss you' and can't wait for that to be filled by K. Pawl after he's returned from his travels and settled back in eL.Ey.

I took very very few photos so I'm totally relying on all of you to share all of your pix and recordings with me and everyone who was not able to be there.

Kìyevame ulte Hayalovay Eywa Ayngahu!

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

I'm in Grant's Pass, Oregon this evening looking at everything that has been posted so far. My pictures will follow in a couple of days when I am not busy driving, or poring over production control room designs. I also hope to write up a narrative of my experiences and try and document all the really great people I have met, etc. In any case, I can truly say one thing: The Avatar/Na`vi learners community is the best! Already looking forward to Na`viCon 2012 and all the fun we will have!

Irayo nìtxan to K. Pawl, Prrton, Txona Rolyu, Zefanaya, Keyl, Avatar Nation, and everyone else who worked tirelessly to make this thing work!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Zefanaya

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on July 12, 2011, 02:16:10 AM
I'm in Grant's Pass, Oregon this evening looking at everything that has been posted so far. My pictures will follow in a couple of days when I am not busy driving, or poring over production control room designs. I also hope to write up a narrative of my experiences and try and document all the really great people I have met, etc. In any case, I can truly say one thing: The Avatar/Na`vi learners community is the best! Already looking forward to Na`viCon 2012 and all the fun we will have!

Irayo nìtxan to K. Pawl, Prrton, Txona Rolyu, Zefanaya, Keyl, Avatar Nation, and everyone else who worked tirelessly to make this thing work!

Funny, I've heard lots of names float around, ex: AvCon '12, but Na'viCon '12 sounds better.
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH