Volunteers for the July 9 Museum Event ...

Started by Maria TunVrrtep, May 30, 2011, 05:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maria TunVrrtep

Kaltxì everyone!
I volunteered to open this topic to get all the volunteers and jobs in one place.

We've had volunteers for cleanup after lunch, photographers, videographers, and other stuff.

So if you all can shoot me a PM here on the site or shoot me an email at scarlettmb[at]sbcglobal[dot]net and tell me what you've volunteered for I'll set up a little spreadsheet so I can keep track of all of the wonderful people who have graciously volunteered their time to do something for the group.

Irayo!
ta TunVrrtep
Maria

EDIT:  Added Prrton's list of volunteers in.  

The list so far from Prrton is ...

Volunteer Coordinator

TunVrrtep

Group Ticket Go-To Guy

Txonä Rolyu

Name Tag Go-To Guy

Zefanaya

Lunch Pledge Collector

Prrton

Lunch Cleanup

Lisa
 Markì
 Zefanaya
 TunVrrtep (Will be Eyktan if no one else wants to do it - someone please volunteer)
 (My apologies if I missed someone)

It would still be good to have one of these folks in this list be designated as CAPTAIN (Eyktan).

Still Photographers/Video

TunVrrtep
 'Eylan Ayfalulukanä
 Zefanaya (again!)

Bilingual Q&A Na'vi Question Practice Partners

Txonä Rolyu (AGAIN! :-)
 'Oma Tirea (Inspirata)
 (My apologies again if I missed anybody))

Mod Note: Zefanaya edited this to make email easier to read.
"Ke'u ke lu law a krr frakem tsunslu." -
    Margaret Drabble
("When nothing is sure, everything is possible.")

Prrton

Thanks very much for taking this on.

Volunteer Coordinator

TunVrrtep (That's YOU!)

Group Ticket Go-To Guy

Txonä Rolyu

Name Tag Go-To Guy

Zefanaya

Lunch Pledge Collector

Prrton

Lunch Cleanup

Lisa
 Markì
 Zefanaya
 TunVrrtep (that's YOU again!)
 (My apologies if I missed someone)

It would still be good to have one of these folks in this list be designated as CAPTAIN (Eyktan).

Still Photographers

TunVrrtep (AGAIN! :-)
 'Eylan Ayfalulukanä
 Zefanaya (again!)

Bilingual Q&A Na'vi Question Practice Partners

Txonä Rolyu (AGAIN! :-)
 'Oma Tirea (Inspirata)
 (My apologies again if I missed anybody))

You can Modify your own post and just aggregate the list of volunteers here in the original note.

Zefanaya

Note: Though I am listed in "Still Photographers", I am actually a videographer. My ability to record though will hinge on my church letting me take one of the church cameras to this event. I can take stills as well, but in a batch of bad luck my DSLR is broken (I've gone through 4 phones, 1 computer, a camera, and two iPods in the past 3 months. Serious bad luck). I will do my best to get one of our camera's and will PM you TV with a yes if I have and a no if I don't.
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

Maria TunVrrtep

Quote from: Zefanaya on May 30, 2011, 09:01:20 PM
Note: Though I am listed in "Still Photographers", I am actually a videographer. My ability to record though will hinge on my church letting me take one of the church cameras to this event. I can take stills as well, but in a batch of bad luck my DSLR is broken (I've gone through 4 phones, 1 computer, a camera, and two iPods in the past 3 months. Serious bad luck). I will do my best to get one of our camera's and will PM you TV with a yes if I have and a no if I don't.

Ok.  I can change that to Video then.  And let me know if you can do the stills also.
ta TV
    Margaret Drabble

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Just checking in here for volunteer duty. I will bring a DSLR, as well as a film SLR if you think it is warranted. I will otherwise help out wherever a hand might be needed, and am open to any offers.

This is starting to come together and I am getting excited!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Lisa

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on June 02, 2011, 02:08:23 AM
This is starting to come together and I am getting excited!

Yes!  It's starting to emerge from the shadows of theory into the daylight of reality.  :)
Oeru syaw "Tirea Ikran" kop slä frakrrmi layu oe "Grammar Skxawng"   :)

Maria TunVrrtep

Yep.  It's definitely starting to look like a plan!  I like it!
    Margaret Drabble

Maria TunVrrtep

Prrton,

Was it you who put up that schedule for Saturday?  
Can you post that here too.  I can't seem to find it and I wanted to make copies for everyone so we all have it when we get to the museum.

ta TV

Edit:  I found it.  Don't worry about it.  I'm just totally braindead today. 
    Margaret Drabble

Maria TunVrrtep

Ok.  I have a nice little spreadsheet (I'm BIG on spreadsheets to organize things) that has 3 pages to it.  It's got 3 different ways of looking at the volunteer list.  I am also planning to put together shorter sheets to hand out to the people who have volunteered to do stuff so they know what they volunteered for and are where they need to be to do that volunteering.  

I also have made a copy of the schedule of events for the day.  I will hand that out to everyone when we meet in the morning on Saturday.

I'm going to try to get some little plastic bags to put everything in, but may not be able to get them in time.  I may even work on a little surprise for everyone if I have time.  You never know.

If anyone else wants to volunteer for anything else, let me know.  Just shoot me a PM here and I'll get you onto the list.

ta Mrrìa TunVrrtep

EDIT:  I checked the plastic bags and it would probably be stupid to buy them.  The quantities are just ridiculous.  No bags coming.  I kind of doubt there will be a surprise also, because I really don't have time to do anything other than homework.
    Margaret Drabble

Zefanaya

Prrton

Maria TunVrrtep

Quote from: Prrton on June 07, 2011, 02:46:31 PM
Quote from: Mrrìa TunVrrtep on June 07, 2011, 01:38:39 PM
...No bags coming. 

;D

They're bad for the environment anyway...

Well I was looking for paper bags actually like the little handled shopping bags.  But they come in these ridiculous quantities of 200 and over.  Since I have no need for them otherwise, I figured it was silly to buy them. 
    Margaret Drabble

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

You can get small quantities of paper bags at party stores, in a wide variety of styles.

Yawey ngahu!

Maria TunVrrtep

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on June 07, 2011, 03:01:00 PM
You can get small quantities of paper bags at party stores, in a wide variety of styles.

Good idea.  I'll check there. 
I'm currently looking at the possibility of getting rid of a lot of left over material by making tote bags, but I really think that would be too time consuming considering the class I'm taking for the next 6 weeks.
ta M TV
    Margaret Drabble

Zefanaya

Would be nice if we could print parts of the schedule on the back of the tags, but I'm not sure if we can.

Maria TunVrrtep

Are the name tags going to be on pins or on lariets?  Do you know?  If on lariets I can just print the schedules small enough to put them in the back.
    Margaret Drabble

Zefanaya

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

I wonder if a small printed program might be useful. Half a sheet of 8.5 X 11, or possibly a folded sheet-- something to keep afterwards as a souvenir. A volunteer schedule, if it is really needed, could be an insert designed to fit inside it. I'd be willing to throw something together but will admit I am not that much of a graphic artist.

It may be that will need an on-site 'registration' person, to hand programs, work assignments, nametags, totebags, etc. to attendees. Nothing formal, but someone who could be there a little early who could be there to issue these things. (I might be willing to do this, but its ultimately up to Tunvrrtep to decide how to best use me.)

Yawey ngahu!

ExLibrisMortis

I would like to volunteer myself as a videographer. I will be there as the video take for the Avatar Nation podcast (click the link in my sig), but I can also take video for the website. ALSO, I will be there with my recording mics and we'll be doing a special session of Avatar Nation with all the members there.

Zefanaya

There is also a strong chance I will be there with my camera to take video.