A little intro in Na'vi

Started by Vicce, February 18, 2010, 02:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vicce

Oel ayngati kameie, ma smúkan sì ma smuké.

So basically what I've been trying to do is make an introduction to the proper board, but I'm more or less stuck with so many questions about the sentences I've been translating. Thus I found it better to ask for a little bit of help and feedback from the more advanced Na'vi learners. Here goes nothing (stars indicate a question below the introduction):

Tsun aynga oeru syaw fko Visse (*nìTawtute Vicce) fu Siraheno fu Swirä Txoneyä.
You (all) can call to me as Visse (skypersonly/in sky person Vicce) or Siraheno or Creature of the Night (Night's Crature).

* Vicce is not any known languages but it is the way it's written with letters unknown to Na'vi (c) so I though I could point that out by using nì+Tawtute.

Oe Na'viti nìftxavang ftieia.
I study<LAUD> Na'vi passionately.

Fratrr oe fmi *ftivia nì'ul fte ye'rìn oe tsìyevun oe nìNa'vi plltxe.
Everyday I try to study more so that I will soon be able to speak Na'vi.

* When should you use the infix <iv> as a infinitive marker? For example I didn't use it in syaw in the first sentence and plltxe in the third. Would it be correct to write sy<iv>aw and p<iv>lltxe?

A krr oel tsame'a kifkey Eywa'evengäti*, oel prrte'ti **'amefu.
When I saw Pandora, I felt pleasure (I somehow tried to say I felt good or glad).

* Can you use the accusative suffix the way I tried to use it?
** Can the laudative infix be used in 'efu? Wouldn't it then be 'e<ei>fu? Sounds and looks weird to me.
Extra: Can two glottal stops follow each other? For example if I wanted to say 'a bit of pleasure' should it be written 'it prrte' or would prrte' 'it be also correct?

*Tsatseng na kelkuti 'amefu ulte oe new **ne tsatseng kivä nìmun sì nìmun.
That place (Pandora) felt like home and I want to go there again and again.

* If 'that place' was the subject of a sentence and the verb was transitive, would it get the ergative suffix -l? Should it be tsatsengìl?
** In a simple sentence like 'I go there'. Is it 'Oe ne tsatseng kä' or just 'Oe tsatseng kä'?

Oe new syaw tsatsengit fko oeyä kelku.
I want to call that place as my home.

* How do you mark a word when you 'call something something'. For example if I want to 'call this place my home' ('fìtsengit oeyä kelku-? syaw') should I always use 'fko' or can it be left out? And...if we follow the phrase "I am called..." then could this sentence also be: 'Oel fìtsengíru fko oeyä kelku syaw.'

Phew..that was a lot of questions. Hopefully this post is in the right place! If not, then oeru txoa livu. Irayo for any answers beforehand. Eywa ayngahu.

Hawnuyu atxen

Kaltxì!

Okay, let me see:

1.: after modals (such as "tsun") you have to add <iv> to the verb (here it's "syaw"-> "sy<iv>aw") and i think you don't need the "fko" there.

2.: just add "-l" to "oe".

3.: you don't need the last "oe" here and again: add <iv> to "plltxe".

4.: i think you should drop here the word "kifkey", or add the "ä" to it (so it'll be "the world of Pandora") and at the end: a fì'u oeru prrte' lu (which is a pleasure to me)

5.: i think it's right like this ;) :D

6.: again the <iv>-thing and add "-l" again to "oe"

for your question: "oel syaw fìtsengit oeyä kelku", or at least i think so... and no, i don't think your solution would be good for this (the suffix "-ur/-ru" just doesn't fit... at least for me :P :D ;))

Tewti... for a beginner theese are just good...
"Hrrap rä'ä si olo'ur smuktuä." ; "Ke'u ke lu ngay. Frakemit tung." (Assassin's Creed)

Nikre tsa'usìn!