About "oel ngati kameie"

Started by Tswusayona Tsamsiyu, January 30, 2011, 02:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tswusayona Tsamsiyu

kaltxì ma frapo
new oe pivawm ngat 'uo
Why do we use kameie in "oel ngati kameie" and not tse'a??
this seems strage to me because when you meet someone you see him physically
I think we should only use kameie in the forum or when not seeing each other directly
Nivume Na'vit, fpivìl nìNa'vi, kivame na Na'vi.....
oer fko syaw tswusayona tsamsiyu

Kemaweyan

Have you seen the movie? Norm explains to Jake this point. Kame doesn't mean that "I see" physically :)
Nìrangal frapo tsirvun pivlltxe nìNa'vi :D

Tswusayona Tsamsiyu

Quote from: Kemaweyan on January 30, 2011, 02:35:42 PM
Have you seen the movie? Norm explains to Jake this point. Kame doesn't mean that "I see" physically :)
I know kame doesn't mean to see physically and that's why it seems a little strange (p.s I didn't see the movie)

Nyx

It's because when you meet someone you don't just state the obvious of seeing them in front of you physically, "oel ngati kameie" is about acknowledging that person in more ways than just looking their way, it implies respect and some form of understanding. Using tse'a would make this mean something along the lines of "ah, there you are, i see you now" when you're actually not trying to say that you see the person in the physical way but instead want to greet them.

I hope this makes some sense to you. Watching the movie would give you more of an idea of what it means though :)

Tswusayona Tsamsiyu

Irayo nìtxan ma oeyä 'eylan!!
Now I understand it. so it's not just "happy to see you" but you also see into and kinda understand and respect him.
irayo ulte Eywa ngahu frakrr!