Help with Postcard?

Started by nìTsìng Lekinama Yayo, September 25, 2010, 04:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nìTsìng Lekinama Yayo

Okay, I really want to send a postcard to Karyu Pawl, and I have the art done and everything. All I need to finish is the message. Please help correct this; I haven't done something like this in a while and I don't want to look like a total skxawng to Karyu Pawl.  :(

Kaltxì, ma Nawma Karyu Pawl!

Fko syaw oer Nìtsìng Lekinama Yayo. (Ngaytxoa, oe ngamop oeyä tstxofpi 'a'awa aylì'u. Oe namew pivlltxe san Gryphon sìk.) Furia ngivop lì'fyati leNa'vi, oel irayo seiyi ngaru. Hufwa ke frrfen san Learnnavi.org sìk –it oel, mi fìlì'fya lu oer yawne. Plltxe nìNa'vi oe krr a lu letsunslu.

Fwa pamrel tìsusi lu oer prrte'. Awlie, oe pamrel simvi vulur a lamu nìwotx nìNa'vi, ulte oe new kem si fìkem nìmun. Kop sunu oeru wiveym, ayNa'viti lahea ayketuwongitsì nìpxi.

Rutxe, fmival futa ngivop txantsana fìlì'fyati alor.

Ta Yayo

Payä Tìrol

Quote from: nìTsìng Lekinama Yayo

Fko syaw oer Nìtsìng Lekinama Yayo. (Ngaytxoa, oel ngamop oeyä tstxofpi 'a'awa aylì'ut(i). Oe namew pivlltxe san Gryphon sìk^.) Furia ngivop lì'fyati leNa'vi, oel irayo seiyi ngaru. Hufwa ke frrfen san Learnnavi.org sìk –it oel^, mi fìlì'fya lu oer yawne. Plltxe nìNa'vi oe krr a lu letsunslu.

Fwa^ pamrel tìsusi lu oer prrte'. 'awlie, oe pamrel simvi vulur a lamu nìwotx nìNa'vi, ulte oe new kem sivi fìkem nìmun. Kop sunu oeru wiveym^, ayNa'viti lahea ayketuwongitsì nìpxi.

Rutxe, fmival futa ngivop txantsana fìlì'fyati alor^.

Ta Yayo

Sounds good though! (I still need to think of something to write for mine :/ )

I made some minor stylistic and grammar corrections and comments... maybe someone else can help with something I'm not sure about:
QuoteFuria ngivop lì'fyati leNa'vi
Should that be "tìngusop" and does that end up taking a direct object?
Oeyä atanìl mì sìvawm, mipa tìreyä tìsìlpeyur yat terìng

Carborundum

Quote from: Payä Tìrol on September 25, 2010, 10:29:37 PM
I don't think it should be tìngusop, because "create" is definitely a verb here. Although ngop is only listed as v. rather than vtr., I still think it's reasonable to assume that lì'fya would indeed take the accusative.
However, I don't see what that <iv> is doing in there. I'd just go with furia ngop lì'fyati lena'vi. Possibly ngerop or even ngereiop instead of just ngop, to mark that it is an ongoing process that we appreciate very much.

On another note; tewti, ngima 'upxare nìtxan! Mine was pretty much just oel ngati kameie ma karyu :o
We learn from our mistakes only if we are made aware of them.
If I make a mistake, please bring it to my attention for karma.

nìTsìng Lekinama Yayo

Quote from: nìTsìng Lekinama Yayo

Fko syaw oer Nìtsìng Lekinama Yayo. (Ngaytxoa, oel ngamop oeyä tstxofpi 'a'awa aylì'ut(i). Oe namew pivlltxe san Gryphon sìk^.) Furia ngivop lì'fyati leNa'vi, oel irayo seiyi ngaru. Hufwa ke frrfen san Learnnavi.org sìk –it oel^, mi fìlì'fya lu oer yawne. Plltxe nìNa'vi oe krr a lu letsunslu.

Fwa^ pamrel tìsusi lu oer prrte'. 'awlie, oe pamrel simvi vulur a lamu nìwotx nìNa'vi, ulte oe new kem sivi fìkem nìmun. Kop sunu oeru wiveym^, ayNa'viti lahea ayketuwongitsì nìpxi.

Rutxe, fmival futa ngivop txantsana fìlì'fyati alor^.

Ta Yayo
Irayo, ma tsmuktu!  :D Thanks for catching all my aykeyey. I'll fix them up right away.

I meant to say "I don't visit LN.org much... hehe, opps.  :P And yeah, that fwa was a typo... >.> At first I was going to say "I like writing stories", but then I realized "tsa-hey, how in Eywa's name am I supposed to write that?" and scrapped it. I guess I forgot to remove the fwa. Again, thanks for pointing that out!

Also, kop sunu oeru wiveym was my attempt to say "I like to draw", but I think I'll change the wiveym to tìwuseym so it'll be "I like drawing" instead. I know for sure that's right.
Quote from: Carborundum on September 26, 2010, 04:28:46 AM
I don't think it should be tìngusop, because "create" is definitely a verb here. Although ngop is only listed as v. rather than vtr., I still think it's reasonable to assume that lì'fya would indeed take the ergative.
However, I don't see what that <iv> is doing in there. I'd just go with furia ngop lì'fyati lena'vi. Possibly ngerop or even ngereiop instead of just ngop, to mark that it is an ongoing process that we appreciate very much.

On another note; tewti, ngima 'upxare nìtxan! Mine was pretty much just oel ngati kameie ma karyu :o

As for the <iv> thing, for some reason I keep seeing people putting an extra subjunctive infix in fwa and futa constructs. (Not sure about furia, though.) I always assumed this was to distinguish the verb in the construct from the one in the rest of the sentence, but I'm not entirely sure. I probably should've gone and cleared that up before jumping to conclusions. Bad Yayo, bad. *pushes self Dobby-style*

Payä Tìrol

Oh, ok. Then yes, it should be tìwuseyn :)

nìTsìng Lekinama Yayo

Quote from: Payä Tìrol on September 26, 2010, 07:47:40 AM
Oh, ok. Then yes, it should be tìwuseyn :)
...I totally knew that. XDDDD *fail* Irayo!

Okay, here's the edited version. One more run through and I think it should be ready for the postcard.

Payä Tìrol

QuoteHufwa ke frrfen nìtxan tsatsengit...
May want pxìm "often" instead here.
QuoteFuria ngivop lì'fyati leNa'vi...
Probably want <er> here too.. ngerop